Dr. Jacob Kalo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

August 29th, 2016
What a joke!
The only reason I gave one star is because of the staff-they earned it (more than one star) but the dr did not. First of all, I was lied to about the intensity of the pain. Was told it felt like "light cramping". R u kidding??? Felt like somebody took a big a$$ claw n twisted up my freaking insides! I was given valium n Motrin before the procedure, but not given time for the meds to kick in. So I was in SEVERE pain to the point I had tears streaming down my face n he basically told me to get over it. He acted like I wasn't even human. No compassion, empathy or sympathy at all. The nurses, along with the rest of the staff were great, though. They did their best to help me (although as I was crying during the procedure, dr kalo ordered the nurses to hold my arms down as I was trying to wipe the tears away). I could tell in their facial expressions they felt bad n they had compassion. My recommendation is to NOT trust Dr Jacob Kalo, he will false advertise n show no mercy

August 20th, 2016
Very unsanitary

August 8th, 2016
Understanding & kind
I was very upset & emotional about my decision. The lady at the front desk (Pam) was so nice. She sat with me and answered all my questions. Dr. Kalo also took the time to talk to me in the room and then again after I had taken the pill. Pam even called to check on me a few days later. Thanks to both of them for not making me feel like a bad person.

July 12th, 2016
Amazing Clinic
Obviously the last review was written by a pro lifer or a mentally disturbed person. Our clinics are licensed by the State of Michigan and we are staffed with registered nurses and certified medical assistants. Dr Kalo has experience over 35 years, is board certified in OB/GYN and a strong pro choice advocate. Apparently our 4.8 star rating on google is triggering our competitors and pro lifers to reduce our rating.

June 21st, 2016
Friendly!
All the people working here are so nice. The office is very clean and the doctor very nice. The lady at the front desk was so nice! She made me feel so much better about everything. She really cares! I had 2 nurses check on me and they were nice and funny. If you are looking for a place that understands come here! The one on hoover rd is where I went.

May 9th, 2016
So caring and understanding
Thankful for Dr. Kalo who was able to get me right in. He took care of me and was very caring and understanding. My mom went with me and she was also impressed with him. He's a very good doctor who has a lot of experience.

April 25th, 2016
Great staff
The staff was so sweet and caring. The Dr. was very nice and professional. I went to the Hoover office. It's not a clinic. I had my own separate recovery place. My own RN (they had 2 on staff!). Wait wasn't long at all. I was there maybe 1 and half hours. If you are considering an abortion- go to the office on hoover.

March 30th, 2016
Thanks Jesus for Dr. Kalo
A lot tougher of an experience than I thought initially, but the staff really helped out. They made me realize that I was not a bad person for making a decision that was best for all of those involved.

March 16th, 2016
Went to the office on Hoover Rd in Warren. Everyone was so nice and caring. My visit took about 2hrs total. The office was so clean and the recovery lounge chair was comfy. Was even given hot chocolate and cookies while I rested. Made a horrible situation a bit easier.

February 18th, 2016
Happy with service
I recently had consultation and then a procedure done by him at his Michigan office. Everything from the initial consultation to the follow ups following were absolutely perfect! The patient care I received was second to none and the entire team at his office were very nice and helpful. It's obvious they truly care about you.

February 5th, 2016
Abort ion ist.
He is an Abor tion ist with 8 clinics in the Detroit area ....Woman Care.

February 2nd, 2016
Happy Birthday to me
Well, it was my 29th birthday and I really had a great night. Surprise a couple weeks later to find out i'm pregnant. My good friend told me about Dr. Kalo in West Bloomfield. I went to his office (didn't even call before for appointment) and he took me after a 20 minute wait. A little pain for 2 days after but follow up appointment was fine. Thankful to this doctor at a bad time.