Dr. Jacob Kalo MD, PC Patient Reviews

• Gynecology Warren, MI

• Good
  • Bad

June 21st, 2017
I got pregnant and wasn't even sure where to start. My girlfriend suggested I call the women's center she said this is the only place that has a board certified Dr that owns and operates his own offices. From the moment you walk in the door to the moment you leave you are treated with dignity.the office staff is friendly and make sure all of your emotional needs as well as your physical needs are met. The entire staff from the receptionist to the registered nurse really listen to you. No question is silly. The Dr. Was professional, kind, and sympathetic. He accepts my insurance so I plan on continuing to see him as my regular physician for birth control and regular exams .I'm so glad my girlfriend recommended this Dr! Very private atmosphere. Very comfortable environment. I wouldn't go to any other place.

June 21st, 2017
My daughter and I have been patients of Dr Kalos practice for years. We always have been very satisfied with the professional and cordial treatment from the staff. We know this practice takes care of 100s of patients..we inquired about these "bad reviews" and according to the Medical Director those patients had demanding and aggressive behaviors. Which makes sense considering I've seen a few in his office with my own two eyes. Our doctor is BOARD CERTIFIED, not to mention staff there are very knowledgeable and answer ALL of your questions, not just some. Did I mention he's licensed by the state? Do your research people, you would be surprised how many doctors arent. These bad reviews are insane and I give nothing but a 5 star in my eyes.

Happy Mother
My young daughter became pregnant. I do believe I callee every clinic on the intwrent. I choose Women's Center because the lady answering the phone was extremly compassionate. Once in the office the counselor really spent quality time with my daughter. After a long talk we decided the heavy sedation was the way to go. It did cost a little more but was very much worth it to make sure my daughter was less nervous and comfortable during her visit. The medical staff was friendly and took the time to make sure we understood everything. The nurse in the recovery room brought me back aftee the surgery, she was knowldegable and very sympathetic to our situation. We then once again discussed birth conteol options that would fit my daughters needa. This clinic sincerely cares abouy its patients. I could noy be anymore pleased with our desicion to chooae Womens Center and Dr. Kalo, i would highly recommend this office.

June 20th, 2017
I'm an older woman & needed to get an abortion. I researched all the abortion clinics in the area and I'm so glad I came to this clinic. The staff was so nice and professional. The receptionist really took the time to listen to me and never once made me feel ashamed or embarrassed. The Dr. was very informative and made sure I fully understood what was going to happen before, during and after the procedure. I paid extra for the twilight sedation and it was worth every penny! I hardly felt a thing and was sooo relaxed. I want to recovery and the Registered Nurse took very good care of me & was very friendly ( She even gave me a choice of cookies and juice!) My husband came with me and he said the dr came out and talked to him. The Dr. made sure my husband understood what care I needed when I got home. I don't normally write reviews but when the office called to check on me a few days later to see how I was and again, took the time to really talk to me I felt it was my duty to inform all the women (young ladies) that might be going through the same thing to go to the Woman's centers you will be treated with respect and dignity. RECOMMEND THIS CLINIC 110%.

March 13th, 2017
Compassionate office
The medical staff is very caring from start to finish. When I called to make my appointment a lady by the name of Pam was understanding and really listened to me. I must have called at least 10 times & each time she treated me like a person & assuring me I could call as much as I wanted. Once I got there she was so friendly! The rest of the staff was just a nice. The doctor was professional and informative. I don't ever plan on having to go through this again but, If I did I would call Pam ASAP. P.s. The wait was about 45mins but very worth it.

March 6th, 2017
Amazing Office and Staff!!
The entire office was so nice and caring! The Doctor really listened to my concerns and understood me. The medical staff that works here are so nice and kind. I finally found my new OB/GYN!!! It took me two years to find one I finally comfortable with. So glad I found him!

January 26th, 2017
Dr. Kalo Sucks.
Waited over an hour and a half to be seen for a scheduled appointment. I don't think I even saw the nurse sanitize her hands before drawing my blood. Dr. Kalo spent maybe 6 minutes total with me? Did an awful job of foreshadowing procedure. He was extremely rude when I called him the next day. He lied to me about being sued in the past. He failed to notice I was anemic from my blood work and put my health at extreme risk by recommending the procedure he did for me. Don't go to this doctor.

January 26th, 2017
Dr. Kalo Sucks.

August 30th, 2016
What a joke!
The only reason I gave one star is because of the staff-they earned it (more than one star) but the dr did not. First of all, I was lied to about the intensity of the pain. Was told it felt like "light cramping". R u kidding??? Felt like somebody took a big a$$ claw n twisted up my freaking insides! I was given valium n Motrin before the procedure, but not given time for the meds to kick in. So I was in SEVERE pain to the point I had tears streaming down my face n he basically told me to get over it. He acted like I wasn't even human. No compassion, empathy or sympathy at all. The nurses, along with the rest of the staff were great, though. They did their best to help me (although as I was crying during the procedure, dr kalo ordered the nurses to hold my arms down as I was trying to wipe the tears away). I could tell in their facial expressions they felt bad n they had compassion. My recommendation is to NOT trust Dr Jacob Kalo, he will false advertise n show no mercy

August 20th, 2016
Very unsanitary

August 8th, 2016
Understanding & kind
I was very upset & emotional about my decision. The lady at the front desk (Pam) was so nice. She sat with me and answered all my questions. Dr. Kalo also took the time to talk to me in the room and then again after I had taken the pill. Pam even called to check on me a few days later. Thanks to both of them for not making me feel like a bad person.

July 12th, 2016
Amazing Clinic
Obviously the last review was written by a pro lifer or a mentally disturbed person. Our clinics are licensed by the State of Michigan and we are staffed with registered nurses and certified medical assistants. Dr Kalo has experience over 35 years, is board certified in OB/GYN and a strong pro choice advocate. Apparently our 4.8 star rating on google is triggering our competitors and pro lifers to reduce our rating.