Dermatologists

1400 Reynolds Ave
Suite 101
Irvine, CA 92614
949-757-1585
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  tattoo removal  |  show details
by melissa s on Sep 16th, 2014

I came in for the free consultation to be seen for tattoo removal. I met with the doctor and a nurse , They were very nice to me and very accommodating. I explained to him what I wanted done. Then he evaluated my tattoo and told me how many treatments I would need to remove my tattoo, So I liked what i heard and started treatments the same day and received a discount . The nurse then applied a numbing cream so it wouldn't be as painful, I have heard that it is as bad as getting a tattoo, But with the numbing cream it wasn't so bad as I thought it would be. The nurse then gave me after care instructions to follow. So far I have had two treatments and I can already see how it is breaking up the ink and lightening the tattoo. I am satisfied so far with my treatments and looking forward to see the end result.

|  I would highly recommend Dr. Rispler.  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2014

I went to Dr. Rippler because a friend suggested him. I had a birthmark on my arm, which bothered me for a long time. There was no pain and now it is completely gone. The office visit was pleasant and my apprehension vanished.

by valaree on Sep 10th, 2014

I decided to check out Dr. Rispler for myself I've already had my second treatment and I've noticed a big difference with the scaring on my face, large pores, and a lot black heads on my nose... I am happy to say so far the scars and fading away and as for my nose the black heads are completely gone!!!!! can't wait to see the finished results

|  Save your $  |  show details
by bgilber on Aug 24th, 2014

I heard all the radio commercials on how wonderful Dr. Rispler is and how you can get rid of your wrinkles without surgery. So, I fell for it. $900 for one lousy laser treatment that hurt like $@*!!. I agree with one of the other reviewers, I spent far more time with the salesman than with Dr. Rispler. He came in for less than 30 seconds, briefly looked at my face and left. The laser technician was wonderful though. But, still have my wrinkles. Of course, the salesman did say that I would most likely need at least 4 laser treatments. Thank goodness I did not fall for the "whole package" for $7500. I will definitely NOT go back for a second $900 treatment! My advice - make sure you wear 50 sunscreen on your face along with a hat.

|  Crook and NOT a doctor  |  show details
by Jake B on Feb 10th, 2014

Smoke and mirror experience.

|  The worst Dr. ever  |  show details
by Kathie on Jul 5th, 2013

He is simply the worst doctor i have ever dealt with. Ignorant, doesnt care for the patient's well being, nor the patient's financial status. All what he cares for is to prescribe the most expensive medications. He even didn't examine me, he was just satisfied by a quick look, without examining the full area. moreover, he doesn't give a single chance to talk to him, he leaves the room immediately, if you ever need something, discuss it with the nurse. He is simply abnormal. Yes, he is.

|  Actual medical practice  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2012

Hi my name is Anne. I have been going to laser centers to treat my skin Condition for about 10 years now. About 18 months ago I found dr.rispler recommended to me by my friend. I was refreshingly surprised that it was an actual medical practice instead of one room store that has one laser machine. Ldi actually has many for different treatments. Which is perfect for me, because I used to have to go to several different places in series of steps to help me with my skin treatments. I cannot believe how good the dr. Is here. He already has saved me a lot of money because its a one stop deal. My skin really is 90% better for the first time. It makes a huge difference to go to a medical practice that has FDA approved machine. I hope this is it, thank you dr. Rispler keep up the good work,!

|  Actual medical practice! 5 stars!  |  show details
by Arouss at Citysearch on Apr 27th, 2012 on citysearch.com

|  Disappointed  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2012

Very disappointed. After spending thousands of $$$, skin is worse than when I started. Dr. Rispler is only after your money. Very rude, spends no time with you. Don't waste your money.

|  He's a crook not a doctor  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2012

This place was a total scam. Preying on people's insecurities. You spend more time talking to the salesman than the doctor. I had one treatment which was less than 5 minutes costed me $1000. The treatment didn't do anything for my skin. The best thing, is to go to your family doctor and get a referral. DO NOT COME TO THIS PLACE.

|  Dont lose hope!  |  show details
by Deannamathers12 at Citysearch on Feb 21st, 2012 on citysearch.com

Hi! My name is Deanna, and I wanted to write a review because I need to tell everyone that if you are desperate there is a way to help your acne. I hit my lowest just 6 months ago, I was really rock bottom. I was so depressed because of my acne so I missed school so much I actually got expelled. I spoke with my guidance councellor and she was kind enough to let me know that her son had this same issue. She really understood! She said that dr. Rispler at Laser Dermatology Insititute of california, in just 3 months, got rid of her son`s acne and even all his scars. I want everyone to know that you must do laser in order for your scars to go away, there is nothng else that works. I even tried microdermabrasion, glycolic acid peels, nothing worked! Just made it worse and more red. It was really like my whole face was a sore. Yeah it was a sore for eyes! I just finished my fourth treatment, and I am so happy to say I HAVE NO MORE ACNE! all my scars are gone! Just all of them is all gone! My face is not even red! It`s like I am 10 years old again! woo hoo! can you believe it! I also bought my guidance councellor a gift for leading me to the right place. I didn`t even know they had all the FDA approved lasers. Anyway, I thought i`d share my story, and lead everyone to the right place. Don`t suffer anymore! Thank you LDI!Love always, Deanna

|  Best!!!!  |  show details
by Shaynewonders at Citysearch on Feb 21st, 2012 on citysearch.com

Don`t usually write reviews, but there is defnitley a notable mention in the dermatology world. I have been going to 3 different dermatology clincs in my local area. I don`t understand why, but there was no improvement for the past three years! I almost given up hope. I spent loads of money, and I still couldn`t look at myself in the mirror. I was truley going to give up. I want people to know that it`s not about that, it`s about finding the right and most experienced dermatologist. It makes a world of a difference. I have first hand experience. I found Dr. Rispler my man, at the LDI clinic, who has been doing this for more than 30 years. I actually went there starting from November 2011, after listening to their radio commercial, I thought, why not, it is a free consultation! immediatley, what the Doc was telling me was so different from the other dermatologists! He was telling me, don`t use this shampoo and that hairspray, just basic everyday simple changes to begin with, and none of the other Docs told me that, I guess cause they wanted me to keep coming back! Anyway to keep a long story short, every day simple changes, a load of laser and proper treatment from the right doc, will fix your face. I have no, and I mean no more acne scars, even my wrinkles went away at the sides of my eyes. It`s really amazing. The lasers he has are top notch, huge machines, and the other docs didn`t even have anything close to it, just little tiny machines you can find at the spas! I will upload pics soon! Thank you for hearing me out!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  to much money for nothing good  |  show details
by disappointed on Nov 22nd, 2011

i was not satisfy with Dr. Rispler. He charge me $6,000.00 for only 3 laser treatments. I was expecting he would help me improve my scars which only improve about 50% perct. My husband was not happy about it. I would recommend this doctor for only people that have this kind of money. Please make sure you take someone with you and ask questions and read before you sign papers.

|  Money-Grubbing Greasy Little Weasel  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2011

If there were a negative-stars rating for this hack it would be more than generous. His mission is not your well-being, but rather, to get as close to ten grand out of your pocket as possible, then zap you with a few ineffective and ill-selected lasers. There is no care or concern in this assembly-line practice. This creep is all advertising and no substance. AVOID.

|  The Best!  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2011

Went to three doctors before going to Dr. Rispler. Should have listened to the radio ads and gone there first. I thought it was some kind of laser factor so was surprised at the personal attention i got from the doctor. Highly recommend you going here first before looking at any other doctors.

|  Businessman, no good doctor  |  show details
Mar 30th, 2011

He is more concerned about money than actually helping people "would you pay this?" "would you pay that?" constantly. I had to visit another spacialist to undo what Rispler did.

|  Please read - avoid this doctor and this institute at all costs  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2011

I have never left feedback online for anything before, but after attending a consultation here this afternoon, I felt I had to sign up for this site to warn other people about this terrible terrible place.I have a small scar on my forehead from an accident a few months ago that I was looking to get improvement on. When I first arrived I filled in some paper work and was taken into a 'consulation room' where the doctor came in and was accompanied by a man in a suit. He took one look at my small scar (about 2cm in length) and said I should expect to see about a 50% improvement from the laser treatment and then went outside to discuss how much it would cost. The Dr was in the room for about 20 seconds. The man in the suit then came back in, and said it would take 3 laser treatments that would cost me $5,000. I was totally gobsmacked. I then asked which lasers he planned to use and how far apart the 3 treatments would be, and he said he wouldn't tell me until I paid the money. I then pressed him a little harder, saying I wasn't comfortable paying the money until he told me exactly what I was paying for! He then muttered something about probably using a yag laser. I then mentioned how I had been quoted $80 for a single yag treatment at a plastic surgeon's and that $5k seemed a little steep. I was then told in a stern voice to either pay or leave - so I promptly left!It angers me so much that people like this are out there conning people and are obviously solely driven by money, with little or no interest in actually helping a patient. If you're reading this you'll probably notice that a lot of the reviews on here are positive and seem to give the institute 5 stars. Take a moment to click on each of the profiles that have recommended this place, and you'll see that each reviewer has only ever left feedback on Dr Rispler and his various institutes and is clearly a fake profile that has been created either by the Doctor or his staff. There's not a single genuine reviewer on here that has ever left feedback for any other product/service!The people who run this place and put fake reviews online to try and trick vulnerable people into paying extortionate amounts of cash are despicable and should be utterly utterly ashamed of themselves. I only hope by posting this review that others may read my honest experience of this place, and avoid ever having to set foot in there.

|  Avoid at all costs  |  show details
by honestfeedback2011 at Citysearch on Feb 3rd, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have never left feedback online for anything before, but after attending a consultation here this afternoon, I felt I had to sign up for this site to warn other people about this terrible terrible place.I have a small scar on my forehead from an accident a few months ago that I was looking to get improvement on. When I first arrived I filled in some paper work and was taken into a `consulation room` where the doctor came in and was accompanied by a man in a suit. He took one look at my small scar about 2cm in length and said I should expect to see about a 50 improvement from the laser treatment and then went outside to discuss how much it would cost. The Dr was in the room for about 20 seconds. The man in the suit then came back in, and said it would take 3 laser treatments that would cost me 5,000. I was totally gobsmacked. I then asked which lasers he planned to use and how far apart the 3 treatments would be, and he said he wouldn`t tell me until I paid the money. I then pressed him a little harder, saying I wasn`t comfortable paying the money until he told me exactly what I was paying for! He then muttered something about probably using a yag laser. I then mentioned how I had been quoted 80 for a single yag treatment at a plastic surgeon`s and that 5k seemed a little steep. I was then told in a stern voice to either pay or leave - so I promptly left!It angers me so much that people like this are out there conning people and are obviously solely driven by money, with little or no interest in actually helping a patient. If you`re reading this you`ll probably notice that a lot of the reviews on here are positive and seem to give the institute 5 stars. Take a moment to click on each of the profiles that have recommended this place, and you`ll see that each reviewer has only ever left feedback on Dr Rispler and his various institutes and is clearly a fake profile that has been created either by the Doctor or his staff. There`s not a single genuine reviewer on here that has ever left feedback for any other productservice!The people who run this place and put fake reviews online to try and trick vulnerable people into paying extortionate amounts of cash are dispicable and should be utterly utterly ashamed of themselves. I only hope by posting this review that others may read my honest experience of this place, and avoid ever having to set foot in there.

Jan 4th, 2011

Best I have been to.

|  perfect perfect perfect!!!!!!  |  show details
by magdalenas at Citysearch on Dec 7th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Excellent services provided. Top notch quality care.My experience has been five stars. I have no more acne scars, it only took 4 laser treatments. I had acne scars for 12 years on my face, and it took 3 months for everything to go away.Wonderful experience with Dr. Rispler as well. A true guru of skin.Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  rip off!!  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2010

started w.the rude salesperson everyones warning about..&since i was so sick of my sudden acne,i paid every last dime i had just to get rid of it.i was uninsured,so i paid all 8500 cash. i was given samples of solodyn since i was uninsured and i initially thought that that was very nice of the doctor.i used the topical creams i purchased&took the solodyn for 6months.however,i noticed that my eyelashes were becoming thin and falling out. i asked the doctor what the cause could have been and he immediately shut down the possibility of it being from the antibiotics.he told me2go have my thyroid checked even though i knew my hormones were fine. instead, he gave me a prescription4more solodyn.i later checked the solodyn official website and it says there that side effects arent known4usage after12weeks. that mark was several months ago.w/ further research, i found that long-term usage of such antibiotics can cause biotin deficiency, which causes hair loss. STAY AWAY FROM THIS "DR."!!!!!!!!!

|  ARROGANT JERK!  |  show details
by courtney p at Insider Pages on Oct 19th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Excellent Facility, Excellent Lasers, Excellent Dr.  |  show details
by kelly on Sep 21st, 2010

When I went to my appointment, I was waiting literally for 3 minutes. In and out the door, 30 minutes. My first treatment took 10 minutes. It was fast, efficient and painless. I have 3 more treatments to go, and am sitting here wondering why I never in my earlier days. My skin already has smoothed out the fine lines. I couldn't be happier. Very fine fine doctor. I am absolutley impressed. And it is hard to impress me.

|  experience with  |  show details
by would not go to on Jun 14th, 2010

My Experience with L.D.I. Laser & Dermatology Institute of Calif. and Jacob Rispler After hearing the radio ads for "free no cost consultation", I made an appointment at Dr. Rispler's Beverly Hills office for 11-16-2009. The initial consultation involved a "salesman", who I originally thought was the Dr. , no introduction was given. Then Dr. Rispler came in for a short time and they left the room. I asked several questions and the Salesman would go out and come in. I said $8500 was a considerable amount of money for three laser treatments and I would have to give it some thought. He then left and came in with brochures and went into this long sales pitch , the Dr. would be using very sophisticated lasers and spending so much time and the results would be excellent. I said that I wanted to check references before making a commitment. He then went out and came back in and engaged in a "stare down". At the time, I did notice how nice the staff's skin looked and that is what prompted me to give the girl my American Express card. I signed paperwork and was then told I would have the 1st treatment right then. I was taken aback as I thought it would be scheduled later. A young girl waved a "wand" over my face for approximately 5 minutes. I asked her what this did and she told me I would not see results for at least 6-8 months if then. I asked why the Dr. did not do the procedure, she said, "he doesn't do them". I asked if would be doing the next two and was told , no the Staff did all of the procedures.(?)I left the office quite "numb". I had given them my credit card for a $8500 charge for 3 laser treatments to be done with "sophisticated " laser equipment and by a Dr. Only to have the initial treatment with a simple "wand" that may or may not do anything for 6-8 months and have the additional 2 treatments by some staff member. This was not was I was sold. I felt sick to my stomach. I did check the internet and saw the many unfavorable opinions of this office and Dr. I called the office immediately when it opened at 8 am. I said that I did not want to continue with the treatments and wanted to cancel the agreement. The Office Mgr went "ballistic" and said that I would owe them $4500 for the treatment the prior day. I said for what, "a 5 minute wand on the face that wasn't explained properly?". I contacted American Express and entered into the dispute with this Dr. This Dr. wrote to American Express stating the following about me, "disingenuous, lied, trying to scam out of a free laser treatment, etc". They stated that I owed $4500 for that initial "free" consultation and I was due the remaining $4000. Amex closed the case as I had signed the charge slip. At that point, I expected Dr. Rispler to at least refund $4000 of the $8500 since I canceled the 3 treatments and was due a refund.However, they decided to keep the entire $8500. I immediately (within 13 hours) canceled the agreement verbally and in writing. So, this "free consultation" now cost $8500. I did write a complaint to the California Medical Board regarding the false advertising and my experience. I was told to contact the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office regarding this case. They told me American Express absolutely should not have paid Dr. Rispler and I should re-request a refund from them. They get involved in cases over $300,000, but do maintain files of complaints. I again requested American Express review this case.At this point, I knew my only change of getting any of my money back was to go to Small Claims Court. I did have a court case March 22. The judge ruled in my favor, ordering Rispler to pay me approximately $5100. Although, the Judge stated the paperwork was "misleading" and did not state that anyone other than the Dr. would be doing the treatment, she granted $3500 for that "initial" laser treatment. L.D.I. had30 days to pay. On April 22, 2010, I still had not received my return of money due. However, I did receive a certified notice that I had to pick up from the Post Office. So, this office kept my entire $8500 since 11-16-2009. They stated I was entitled to a refund of $4000. After the court deciding in my favor, he chose to wait the entire 30 days to issue a check by certified mail?This office and this Doctor is unprofessional, deceitful, dishonest. To advertise to the public as they do and operate as they do, is unconscionable. I am taking the time to write about my experience to hopefully deter anyone who is considering visiting this L.D.I. Dermatology Institute. I do not think you could do worse than seeing any one other than this guy and this office. Perhaps, you have had a similar experience. I suggest taking him to small claims court and definitely write a complaint to the California Medical Board. I am afraid this outfit has taken advantage of too many people that suffer from skin conditions and erodes self confidence. If you look at the comments on this Dr. you will realize, no one would actually take the time to write a bad review unless they suffered an "injustice". This Dr. has so many unfavorable reviews and then you see the very positive reviews. I contend that the positive reviews are written by his staff to keep their jobs. This office and Dr. is the most unprofessional I would have ever believed practiced medicine.

|  I am very very lucky to have found LDI!  |  show details
by heatherallen on Jun 3rd, 2010 on citysearch.com

I am very very lucky to have found this place. I would rate it 5 stars. All my adult acne, it`s unbelievable. It went away within 3 treatments only. I am very very lucky. I just can`t blieve it.

|  Awesome Dr.! really knows what he is doing  |  show details
by hyojinkang on May 24th, 2010

I have such a great experience, and even better amazing results. I have no more pock marks, and it only took one laser treatment. I am really happy I didn't do microdermabrasion. He said that is a no no. I am really happy with my decision. Thank you!

|  no more pock marks!!!!  |  show details
by hyojinkang on May 24th, 2010 on citysearch.com

My last option. Laser. Too expensive. The conclusion Don`t wait any longer.Especially for me, I realized not to waste my time and just do it. I am glad I didn`t wait any longer. I did the laser, it is amazing. It is not expensive afterall.I love my new face. I look amazing.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Great with west Indian skin, no more huge sweat gland pores mixing with sebum oil...  |  show details
by jamilahtaylor on May 21st, 2010

I am West Indian, so usually we have really nice skin. However, I am one of the few that have too much sweat glands, therefore I am always sweating from my face, and also, my pores are enlarged because of it. In the recent years, I found that due to hormonal activity, the pores would get trapped by sebum, and therefore, I would get severe acne patches. LaserHQ, I heard on the radio, and they said no matter what skin condition, and to come in for a free consulation. So of course I tried them out. Well, its been 4 and a half months, and its impossible that was me just a couple of months ago. I have no more excessive sweating. My pores are not even there anymore. I didn't ever dream it was this simple. Anywayz this is really the place to go for, for your skin conditions. I wholeheartedly believe in them. Thank you LaserHQ.

|  Free constulations sure got me in through the door! but now  |  show details
by jamilahtaylor on May 21st, 2010 on citysearch.com

I am West Indian, so usually we have really nice skin. However, I am one of the few that have too much sweat glands, therefore I am always sweating from my face, and also, my pores are enlarged because of it. In the recent years, I found that due to hormonal activity, the pores would get trapped by sebum, and therefore, I would get severe acne patches. LaserHQ, I heard on the radio, and they said no matter what skin condition, and to come in for a free consulation. So of course I tried them out. Well, its been 4 and a half months, and its impossible that was me just a couple of months ago. I have no more excessive sweating. My pores are not even there anymore. I didn`t ever dream it was this simple. Anywayz this is really the place to go for, for your skin conditions. I wholeheartedly believe in them. Thank you LaserHQ.

|  Best Treatment Facility I`ve ever been too. Great Doctor  |  show details
by willaremi on May 14th, 2010 on citysearch.com

First Class, Laser Dermatologist Facility. I`ve been to Laser Center`s around the world, and none of them could get to the root source, as Dr. Rispler was quick to identify. He knew immediatley I have a rare skin condition. My brown spots keep growing on my face and they never stopped. It looks like I have a mask on my face. However, the previous laser facilities I`ve been too, seem to be quick fixes and painful. The major difference between LDI I noticed, was the treatment procedure, the way in which it was conducted, and the aggressive treatment approach Dr. Rispler was not afraid to use. He does have state of the art lasers, I was surprised because I searched for this particular laser, and tracked it down here next to my actual city. I have been flying all over the world to get treatments, and if I just looked here, I would`ve found it earlier. I have completed all of my treatments except for one. And my face has never looked so clean. It is a milky white, no brown spots, no masks. Dr. Rispler said I won`t need another laser treatment for 10 years after this. I am ecstatic, and want everyone to know the kind of service I have received. Excellent service, excellent dermatologist, great value.

|  This Location is even better- best treatment plans  |  show details
by GerryRenato on May 10th, 2010 on citysearch.com

After my divorce settlement, I was bed ridden for quite a few months. I decided to go on jenny Craig, and get a face lift. I discovered lasers are pretty painless, and less cost than an actual face lift. So I tried LDI, because they were all over the freeway on my way to work. I just can`t believe what a new person I looked like. I look atleast 15 years younger. It took 3 treatments, and I met my ex last week, and he was shocked. I told him that it was because we divorced that I felt rejuvanated. I think that did it.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  All Types of Treatments. Great Dermatologist For Asian Skin.  |  show details
by MK on May 7th, 2010

I have actually been to 3 of their locations on different occasions for different treatments. I first discovered this dermatologist for laser tattoo removal about 6 years ago in irvine. I have shopped around for the best value and went here first. They were a bit pricey and so I went to a couple of other places. My major concern was that I did not want any scars and for being asian we scar easily. Also I read online that skin tone is a major concern. Since I have a darker skin tone I was worried whether I was going to get the right treatment. When I went to LDI the first thing I realized was that they were very confident. They told me what it would cost for the treatment before I got to see the doctor. I wasn't comfortable with that and so I left. After I visited the other places I realized why LDI was so confident. They do have many many lasers compared to the other places that were charging just a little less than LDI. These guys don't kid around and try to kiss your butt. One of the other places was so nice and catering that made me rethink what I was doing there. Of course they are super nice because they are desperate to sell you something. When I checked up on that company recently I was right they do not do the right job based on patient reviews and complaints. When you read the complaints against LDI it was all the same; people were mad because they were kicked out of the office. I also read about pricing being the biggest issue. Sounds fishy to me. I think LDI is doing a great job helping only those who are serious about getting quality treatment. I had only 4 laser treatments for my tattoo without any scars at all and it is completely gone. The other places were telling me it would take 10 treatments. You do the math. 4 treatments vs. 10 treaments. Don't get fooled into thinking it costs less plus all that time to do 10 treatments. No thanks. LDI had a specific laser for tattoo removal just for my skin tone. I was completely satisfied with my results that I went back to LDI for acne scar treatment. Okay, this laser hurts when you are not expecting it so now be warned and expect it. The nurse that did this laser on me warned me, but i didn't believe her. Honestly, it was only around the upper lip area that hurt . I did only one treatment of the fractional CO2 at the Covina office near my work. The results were great with only one treatment and I felt like I didn't need anymore. Then 2 years ago I got married to a beautiful woman who had perfect skin when I met her, but after a year she started breaking out. I decided to take her to my dermatologist Dr. Rispler at LDI. Wow the doctor was so compassionate and instructed her to change certain behavorial things such as shampoo and so forth. She listened to every instruction without deviating and her acne was gone completely after 3 laser treatments in 2 1/2 months. I saw it improve immediately. She does get a pimple here and there when her hormones are out of whack. Now all she has do is see the Doc once a year and use a mild face cleanser that she gets from LDI. By the way his stuff is the best and saves you a lot of money. So take it from a real patient that understands what everybody is going through and the tough decisions you have to make when picking a doctor. The truth is Dr. Rispler is the best and has been my personal dermatologist for many years.

|  Dr. Ripsler and LDI is a 5 star Laser Acne Dermatologist!  |  show details
by KRunner on May 5th, 2010

My mom forced me to Dr. Rispler's office, and I was terrified. I thought for sure, it would not help at all. I tried all the infomercial products, when all the teens looks so beautiful within a week after trying the product. Well, nothing was good for me. In fact, in just kept getting worse.I was really mortified for a while, feeling really really hopeless. I just want to say, that not only did Dr. Rispler help identify my bad habits, that exacerbate my acne, but he even lasered off my acne scars. It took 30 days, and that is no time, compared to the products I bought that never worked.I think this will be one of the most memorable things, my mom has ever done for me. And mom if you are reading this, it would be great to have a set of wheels too! LOL but I won't push it.So mom, thank you, I love you! And thank you Dr. Rispler, and all of LDI staff!

|  my mom forced me to go here LOL! I love you mom! hehehe  |  show details
by krystlerunner85 on May 5th, 2010 on citysearch.com

My mom forced me to Dr. Rispler`s office, and I was terrified. I thought for sure, it would not help at all. I tried all the infomercial products, when all the teens looks so beautiful within a week after trying the product. Well, nothing was good for me. In fact, in just kept getting worse.I was really mortified for a while, feeling really really hopeless. I just want to say, that not only did Dr. Rispler help identify my bad habits, that exacerbate my acne, but he even lasered off my acne scars. It took 30 days, and that is no time, compared to the products I bought that never worked.I think this will be one of the most memorable things, my mom has ever done for me. And mom if you are reading this, it would be great to have a set of wheels too! LOL but I won`t push it.So mom, thank you, I love you! And thank you Dr. Rispler, and all of LDI staff!

|  Very Dissatisfied  |  show details
by reviewer239 on May 2nd, 2010 on citysearch.com

My experience happened in Jacob Rispler`s Irvine location. On my first visit, a man in a lab coat walked in who I assumed was the doctorI didn`t know what the doctor looked like. He talked about my looks and my face. Soon he handed me a phone trying to verify my credit. I was billed that day for as many visits as my credit would allow. Later I found out he was not the doctor I should have known, but I felt intimidated when he started looking at my face. When I did meet the doctor, he looked at me briefly. Next they moved me to a treatment room. The doctor walked in that door and with no explaination or warning started sticking needlessyringes in my face. I had spent the money, so I went back a few times for more needles in the face. I never got better nor was treated with the advertised laser. I eventually gave up more embarassed about my skin than before I went there.

|  This Guy should not be practicing  |  show details
by Thoroughly Disgusted and Disappointment that this guy is allowed to practice on Apr 17th, 2010

The LDI Laser Institute advertising extensively by freeway billboards and radio adds. I called regarding the "free" no obligation appointment. There was a very high pressure salesperson that was extremely agressive. I reluctantly agreed to the 3 laser treatments for $8500 and gave them my credit card. (What was I thinking?) Immediately a young girl performed a 5 minute laser wand on my face. I was then told the following 2 treatments would not be conducted by the Dr. The next morning- I called the office and said I wanted to cancel the remaining two treatments and have my money refunding. The Office Mgr. went ballistic and said I would pay $4500 for my "free" consultative appointment and the little laser treatment. Almost 6 months later. - Rispler has kept the entire $8500. I took him to small claims court and was found in my favor. I have yet to receive any part of the money that I am due. I have written complaint letters to the Calif. Medical Board and the LA District Attorney's Office. They need numerous complaints to do anything. It's one thing to go through with the laser treatments and be dissatisfied with the result. It's another to cancel the contract within 13 hours and never receive your money back. I call that theft!

|  Dr. Jerk  |  show details
by Unsatisfied patient!!! on Feb 25th, 2010

Dr. Rispler is too busy and impatient to actually spend time and care for a patient. With me...he barley looked at my face and only on one side! His Nurse Practioner is the one who would see me and she ended up getting fired...so I GOT SCREWED losing money and not the best of care. Dr. Rispler said before my last visit that I would get a free laser treatment. On my last appointment he tried to justify that he never said that and that I didn't need it. When he is there he always walks out of the room talks to his staff to talk to me on his behalf and then will walk back in. He truly doesn't care for his patients and only wants your money. Oh and I spent over $6,000.00 and I still have acne and acne scars! I dont recommended Dr. Rispler at all!!! WORST bed side manner!!!

|  Excellent Results. The Real Deal.  |  show details
by GS on Jan 31st, 2010

I had been to many of the other dermatologists. Did you know that there are so many options for acne? Sheesh...I couldn't believe it. I like this Doctor and this place the best. They did a wonderful job on my adult acne. Also, beware of those places saying acne lasers. This is the only place that has actual lasers that work on acne. The other places are offering lasers for acne scars. They're not supposed to work on acne it's against the law so they tell you acne but mean acne scars. LDI did the job on my acne and acne scars with one hundred percent clearing of my acne and my acne scars...oh I would say about eighty percent much better. To me that was good enough because I didn't want to pay for more lasers. It gets really expensive if you want to go for higher results. LDI is the real deal. No BS like the other derms and especially a big improvement from places that don't even look like medical offices. You know what I mean. The results are fast. I was all clear in two months, two laser treatments, and some face cleanser that worked really well. The cost is very affordable after all that I have been through to try and try to clear my face. I would highly suggest LDI and don't waste your time. This is just my opinion and my earnest declaration that LDI is my last stop. Good luck to all of you and I'm sure you will come to the same conclusion as I did.

by tsangk77 on Aug 22nd, 2009 on citysearch.com

I too have been here for treatments. Excellent treatments and customer service. I paid only $3,000 for my entire package so I don't know what people are talking about. Maybe they just had really really super bad skin. I am totally clear of my zits and I w

by edoors on Aug 10th, 2009 on citysearch.com

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!! The will make unreasonable promises that will NEVER EVER come true. I am a real LDI customer who spent thousands of dollars on there treatments...here's my story. I signed up for four laser treatments in 2008 at a whoping

|  no wait time, no pain, but ALL GAIN!!!  |  show details
by luckyandproud on Aug 2nd, 2009

I think I am a very lucky gal! I found this DR, just by accident! I was actually sitting in Burke Williams spa in the steam room, when a group of women were talking about LDI and the DR. They were talking about a specific laser treatment, something called fraks, or I don't know exactly, but I ended up listening in, and scheduled a consultation. I feel like there is nothing by coincidence, as I was so lucky to hear in the conversation, I finished my treatments, and am so pleased and excited, and feel like I am starting a new life. I am so impressed, it is just so amazing. My skin looks like it is new! I have no wrinkles, no scarring, even my under eye bags are gone.I wish that anyone who is going to a derm, try this DR. first!!!!!

|  SCAM - needs to be probed by the authorities  |  show details
by Becky Pitts on Jul 30th, 2009

This guy is operating a full blown scam and needs to be probed by the authorities. All the good reviews (here and everywhere else) are posted by him and his staff. What a leach - disgrace to the medical profession. I will never ever trust a doctor again.

|  BEWARE  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2009

Be informed BEFORE going in to see this group as they do not know alot about their equipment.

|  shhhh.......  |  show details
by Jes on Jul 18th, 2009

I am writing this review today because I just finished my second treatment at LDI, I am so excited because I looked at myself in my car mirror and I couldn't stop smiling. I could actually smile at my self for the first time in years, without being disgusted at looking at my acne and scars in sunlight. Today is a new day, I feel like a brand new person. I have never felt better, and i just wanted to tell the whole world, that your FACE is #1 important to your mind, body, and soul. I highly recommend Dr. Rispler as your dermatologist, he is the best and has saved me from my misery. Thank you.

|  Highly Professional and Highly Recommended  |  show details
by Jodie on Jun 8th, 2009

This dermatology office is extremely professional. After I reached 24, I started to break out a little on my lower chin area. I tried many products and seen many famous dermatologists recommended to me by my peers. Apparently, they could not help me that much because my breakouts were attribute to hormones. I would get clear and then another breakout during that time. Dr. Rispler used lasers on my face that stopped those breakouts. He is extremely professional. The staff recognized me by a television show I did, but my privacy was upheld and they were really professional about treating me. I realized that a lot of celebrities see Dr. Rispler for laser treatments because they are really professional. They don't take before and after pics for the privacy of their patients and don't leak any kind of information to the public. There is also a separate exit from the entrance, so you never have to walk out through the front door and see the other patients in the waiting room. Nice setup. I would highly recommend Dr. Rispler for the expertise in dermatology and for having the most innovative treatments available that actually work like a dream. He is now my personal dermatologist and I will brag about him to all my peers.

by spookypark on Apr 23rd, 2009 on citysearch.com

True story! I started off using an eyelash serum not mentioning any names, but the serum started changing the color of my iris, and then my skin! I didn't know what to do, so I opted for laser. no joke, I am so glad this happened, because I ended up ge

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
by Brandi on Mar 15th, 2009

Absolutely the best service for acne treatment. Love Love Love Dr. Rispler and his entire office staff. I totally recommend the Laser and Dermatology Institute to all my family and friends. I am proof to them that it works. I also highly recommend their C02 laser for acne scars. I did one treatment after my acne cleared up and my acne scars are gone with just one treatment.

|  WORTH EVERY PENNY  |  show details
by HEATHER KANG on Dec 1st, 2008

EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE! I HAVE PORCELAIN COLOR SKIN AND HAD DARK SPOTS, FRECKLES, A BIT OF ACNE, TINY ACNE POC MARKS, AND VERY VERY FINE LITTLE WRINKLES THAT I WANTED JUST OFF. I WANTED TO HAVE SKIN LIKE THOSE KOREAN ACTRESSES ON THE TV DRAMAS. THEY ARE SOOOO BEAUTIFUL. I GOT LASER DONE AT LDI AND THE RESULTS ARE LIKE WOW! I WILL NEVER DOUBT LASER AGAIN. DR. RISPLER IS WONDERFUL. HE IS A SAINT IN DERMATOLOGY. THE BEST PART IS THAT I NEVER HAVE TO GO IN AGAIN. LDI GOT ME THE SKIN THAT I ALWAYS WANTED AND I DON'T EVER HAVE TO GO BACK AGAIN. I HATE THOSE PLACES THAT MAKE YOU COME BACK AGAIN AND AGAIN BECAUSE THE RESULTS ARE TEMPORARY OR THEY JUST KEEP YOU COMING BACK IN BECAUSE THEY CREATE MORE PROBLEMS AND NEVER FIX YOUR SKIN RIGHT. LDI TREATED ME LIKE A PATIENT AND NOT A CASH COW CUSTOMER. I GUESS THOSE OTHER PLACES DON'T WANT TO LOSE THEIR CUSTOMERS AND KEEP YOU COMING BACK AND BACK AGAIN. I WAS REFERRED TO OTHER DERMATOLOGISTS BUT DR. RISPLER HAD THE BEST CREDENTIALS OUT OF ALL THE DERMATOLOGISTS IN CALIFORNIA. HE SURE PROVED THAT TO ME. OH AND THERE WAS ONE TIME THAT I SAW DR. RISPLER AND ASKED HIM ABOUT THIS PROBLEM I HAVE ABOUT MY SKIN. I SOMETIMES BREAK INTO A RASH ON MY FACE. NOW I WENT TO OTHER DOCTORS BEFORE AND DID THE WHOLE ALLERGY TEST AND JUST THE WHOLE GAMBIT OF STUFF. THEY NEVER FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM. I SPENT A SMALL FORTUNE ON THOSE TESTS. THEY JUST COULDN'T FIND THE REASON. SO I JUST ASKED DR. RISPLER WHAT HE THOUGHT ABOUT IT. HE SAID THAT I HAVE VERY SENSITIVE SKIN. AFTER TAKING A SHORT HISTORY HE SUGGESTED FOR ME TO CHANGE MY HAIR PRODUCTS AND TO PROTECT MY SKIN FROM THE SUN A BIT MORE. ALSO TO NOT TOUCH MY FACE SO MUCH. SO I STOPPED GETTING THOSE RASHES. THE LESSON FOR ME IS THAT IT IS BETTER TO SEEK ADVICE FROM A WISE DOCTOR THAN A POOR DOCTOR.

|  My honest review  |  show details
by Shana on Oct 18th, 2008

Ok so, if you want the real scoop, here it is. I never once saw Dr. Rispler...for some people that is a problem, but I didn't mind it because even his assistants are great. I do wish I had the chance to work with him, however. His staff is kind of juvenile, they are effective but not as professional as I would expect. HOWEVER on the plus side, the treatment actually works. I used to have so many breakouts!! Now I NEVER get a SINGLE zit! Knock on wood =/...my best friend is jealous of me now, she used to be the one with perfect skin but now I am! The acne went away one hundred percent. The scarring faded noticably, however I am contemplating additional treatment for that. (I only had three acne scarring procedures done)..I feel that with Dr Rispler you may pay a bit and YES you are going to feel discomfort(which by the way, what did you people expect??..its a friggin laser???...and it is DOABLE, so stop complaining)...but I feel that you have to be willing to pay some money to remodel your skin. It's worth it. I never wear makeup anymore and when I tell people I feel weird because I have no makeup on they say "you wear makeup?...why?" its a great feeling so stop complaining, expect to invest some money, dont cry about how your face is hot, and get in there and fix your face! its worth it!!!

|  DO NOT GO TO DR. JACOB RISPLER!!!  |  show details
by BROKE AND FULL OF ACNE on Oct 3rd, 2008

SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY! HE AND HIS STAFF ARE VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND INEFFECTIVE!!! HIS REPRESENTATIVE (THE MAN DRESSED IN SUIT) PROMISES YOU THE WORLD, BUT FAILS TO KEEP THEM. I RARELY SAW THE DR. HIMSELF, ONLY HIS ASSISTANTS. THEY ARE EXPENSIVE TREATMENTS THAT DO NOT WORK. MY ACNE ONLY GO WORST. THIS DR. PREYS ON THE DESPERATE.

|  Best place ever!!!!  |  show details
by Rina on Jun 30th, 2008

Dr. Rispler is truley my life saviour. He really helped me for 6 months straight. He was very patient with me, even though I was so embarassed to take off my makeup during my sessions. Though, the staff was very patient with me, I apologize to them! I know how I can be! LOL! But we did it, and I am so proud! My face looks better than my butt is all I will say. Thank you Dr. Rispler!

|  Professional, Courteous, and Effective  |  show details
by Delilah on Jun 28th, 2008

Incredible dermatology office. During my free consultation, I spoke with a medical consultant that discussed pricing with me. I was expecting that because that is what they say on their website. He quoted me an estimate price for their new mixto laser for facial rejuvenation. Since, I was anticipating the treatments not to be cheap, I found the price to be about what the other places was charging for fraxel lasers. I knew that the mixto was far superior from researching youtube videos. Also, it beats getting a face lift. So then I got to see the Doctor. Wow...he spent a lot of time with me to show me what the laser can do for me. I signed up right away and got my first treatment. I was so ecstatic over my first results, I have to let every one know. Cheers!

|  Fine Lines, 31 years old- is all I have to say.  |  show details
by GWilkinson on May 27th, 2008

I swear if I could tell all the ladies of this age to stop using expensive creams and just save that money and put it away for just one laser treatment per year for skin rejuvenation. believe me, I would. If this is the closest I can get, then so be it. I am so anal about my fine lines. I could see it in pictures! But now, after I did treatments from LDI, I can't believe the results. I wish I started when I was 27! I don't have any pictures from when I was 27 - now! Just because of the fine lines. Very wasted time.. i should've done this long time ago! Thank you LDI!

|  Better Results Than Spa Treatment  |  show details
by Cheryll on May 23rd, 2008

I was getting a bit older and noticed that the spa treatments are not helping anymore. I decided I needed help from the professionals. I didn't want to get a face lift and absolutely no botox. Went here for a consultation and the medical assistant suggested laser treatments are very good for exactly what I wanted. Dr. Rispler told me that the new fractional laser will take years off my face. After my treatments, everbody told me that I look 10 if not 20 years younger and my face is more vibrant. I look so much better after one treatment than what I got from all the spa treatments combined. Absolutely, try it and you'll love it. Saved lots of money from those spa treatments. Friendly staff, nice and clean office. What more can I say?

|  Very Good Care, Service, and Results  |  show details
by Elaine Lopez on May 23rd, 2008

This office has helped me very much so. I had bad problems with scars on my face. I don't want to say how I got them. They was just so embarrasing and everytime someone look at me they always ask me how did I get them. I was treated with so much respect from the entire staff. At my first consultation, the man was very kind and nice. He told me that they really want to help me and gave me half off my treatments. I did 12 treatments and the scars are almost gone. They were very deep and now they look great. A couple more treatments and I will start a new laser for the color difference. I really really encourage everybody to come see this doctor with your skin problem. They fix the problem not cover it up.

|  Results Results Results  |  show details
by Jeffrey Burke on May 18th, 2008

All I care about is results. This doc and laserhq gave me results. My son was suffering for acne for about a year and it was just outta control. The down side is that we had to drive all the way up from Oceanside for his treatments. The drive was tough, but you know I got to spend some great quality time with my son. That was worth more to me besides they cleared his face. Professional attitude and very thorough team of professionals. I didn't care how they did it, but worth every penny.

|  Good for Wrinkles and Rejuvenation  |  show details
by Lucia Estevez on May 16th, 2008

I was really impressed when I first came to this office. They are very professional. Why I decided to get treatment here for my wrinkles and rejuvnenation was because the Doctor used the laser on himself. He showed me the results of the laser on his own face. It was a new laser they just got in. I don't remember the name. It started with an M, but it is a fractional laser for wrinkles. I was really impressed with the results he got on his own face. I figure that any experienced doctor that does the treatment on himself means that it is safe and it works. He told me that he was like 60 something, but wow his skin looks good for his age. None of those crows feet on his eyes. I am on my third treatment and the results look good you know. I gotta bring me mama here too. I am loving it.

|  Incredible Results  |  show details
by Diane Hodge on May 16th, 2008

I was so ashamed of my acne and the acne scars. I had incredible results from the lasers. If I had a choice, I would not hesitate again. The price made my heart drop at first. I had 14 treatments done. My first package was for 10 and after seeing the progressive results, I said give me more. I love the results and I'm glad I did it. No regrets and loving every moment of clear skin. Now I realize every day that I lived with the acne and scars was a day I lost of my life. The Doctor and nurses work together well as a team and are really good. I think the real players are the high tech lasers. Great stuff!

|  My Wife Loves This Place  |  show details
by Brian Kim on May 13th, 2008

Hi my name is Brian Kim and my wife has begged me to take her to see Dr. Rispler and Laserhq for a long time now. She is a perfectionist and wanted the best looking skin. I think she has been influenced too much from dramas. Anyhow, she had some sun spots removed and some brown and red spots removed off her face. She also had a little tiny scar on the left side of her face. Well, the results were perfect and now she has the porcelain look she always wanted. They were very professional and always on time. I would like to recommend laserhq to anyone that is a perfectionist. Great work and high technology. Definetly worth the money for peace of mind.

|  Dr. Rispler You Are Great!  |  show details
by Valerie Eisenberg on May 8th, 2008

You go Dr. Rispler! You are soooo Kewl and thank you for clearing up my skin. It took awhile, but you did it in time for Prom. MUAH! No more disgusting acne. I know that Dr. Rispler is the best. My mom is now going to him. At first, I thought the lasers weren't working. But patience my dear patience. It seemed liked it got a little worse than it started to get alot better. My friends all started asking me what I was doing to help my skin. I told them ah...nothing. Then it was too hard to like avoid the question anymore because my skin got soooo much better. So I told them that I was seeing the famous Doc on the radio. One of my friendz told me to hurry up and go home with her to show her mom. Her mom promised her to take her here also. So from my experience, I really am glad for Dr. Rispler and thanks to my mom and dad for taking me.

|  Great With Acne  |  show details
by Tanya Decena on May 1st, 2008

Dr. Rispler has been very helpful with curing my acne and improving my acne scars. I got deep nodules on my face from acne that I thought I would have to live with for the rest my life. But thanks to Dr. Rispler they are barely noticeable. He cured my acne using lasers which I thought was really futuristic. The acne scars are not 100 percent clear but they sure do look a lot better. Seems like with each treatment they get better. I already had 7 treatments and still have more to go. The nurses are very good.

|  Amazing Results for Acne.  |  show details
by Sam Krom on Apr 28th, 2008

I am writing this review in response to my daughter's acne cure. LDI was the best investment I have ever made for my daughter. Doctor Rispler did an amazing job and the entire staff deserves an applause. I am truly satisfied with the results and if I had a choice, I would have brought her here sooner. My only complaints are that since we didn't sign up right away, we had to wait for a week for the next available appointment and some of the meds were'nt included in the price. However, the results were amazing and my daughter thanks me for that everyday.

|  No Acne and No More Oily Skin  |  show details
by Julie Lai on Apr 27th, 2008

My skin used to be very oily and I had some tiny pimples, but a lot of them that was like congregating on my forehead. Before it got worse, I went to LDI to see Dr. Rispler. I have been acne free for 2 years now and my skin is very balanced. I used to carry tons of blotting paper to get rid of the oil on my face. Now I don't need it as much. My skin is smooth, soft, and not oily. I recently went back to LDI to start laser hair removal. The procedure is a bit more than I saw online from other places, but I know that they will do a good job and feel more confident at LDI. The nurses are so nice. This time the nurses are doing all my laser procedures for my hair removal. I guess hair removal is not a big deal. The Doctor sets the lasers and they do the work. The nurses are very professional and thorough. That's all.

|  Great Doctor and Terrific Staff  |  show details
by Ruth Marshall on Apr 26th, 2008

I have been going to the Beverly Hills office and so I don't know if I am supposed to write a review here. All I wanted to say is that Dr. Rispler is fabulous. He got rid of all my freckles and these tiny little red spots. My face looks great. I am a picky person and wanted my face to be perfect. Thanks to Dr. Rispler now it is. We aren't all born perfect, but now it seems like we can sure make up for it now. Great Doctor and terrific staff. The medical consultant is very professional. It seems like he is some kind of body guard for Dr. Rispler so don't be scared of him. The lasers are very high tech and they seem to have many of them. Very diverse group of people coming in for treatments there and lots of them. By far the busiest medical office I have ever been to. Great atmosphere and great help.

|  Professional and Respectable Real Treatments  |  show details
by Brittany on Apr 24th, 2008

I have done my research on laser treatments and so when I went here, I of course asked them what lasers they have. They gave me the list and i was very impressed. So it was a simple decision. After receiving 10 treatments for my acne I must say the improvements are well worth it. I truly believe that this Doctor can help anyone.

|  Good Dermatologist...Excellent Results  |  show details
by Edward on Apr 20th, 2008

Dr. Rispler is quite an interesting Doctor. The one thing that I appreciate about him is that he is outstandingly professional. A guru in medicine. My wife had bad acne as a kid and so I decided to treat her to have the acne picks removed. The pricing was fair. However, the results are more than expected. His staff was very professional. They get a lot of patients, but the Doctor gets a lot of support from his nurses. We started to notice real results after her 4th treatment. I mean she received immediate results after the first treatment, but really after the 4th treatment was when she stopped wearing so much make up. That was a huge plus for me both financially and she looked gorgeous. So, I now have my son going there for acne treatment. Ask them to cut a deal for you. It is cheaper to buy all upfront then to get it done 1 treatment at a time. That's what we did and are genuinely happy with the results.

|  Accurate Diagnosis and Right Treatments  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2008

I went to visit Dr. Rispler regarding some bumps on my face that I believed to be acne. However, he diagnosed me as having foliculitis. What a relief, just ingrown hair. It was easy enough to treat with lasers. Now, I'm all cleared up.

|  I'm kicking myself!  |  show details
by MartI on Mar 7th, 2008

The used-car salesman (Beverly Hills office) description is entirely accurate-(name begins with a "J", a flashy dresser and fast talker. He said some people need 12-20 treatments, but maybe I'll need only 8. The cost is $2,500 each, but a package for 8 with cash upfront is $8,000. J and later Rispler was vague about what the expected results. I was a fool to sign a contract and pay $8k. A certain personal situation made me hasty. For more details email me at NOAHFENCE7828@aol.com I'm kicking myself