Dr. Jacob Skiwski MD Patient Reviews

May 4th, 2015
I loved this office in 2009 and 2010 when my oldest daughter was going here and can't wait to get regular insurance so we can go back her again. We only moved doctors bc they no long we're taking Alabama Medicaid. :(

February 11th, 2014
The best, most compassionate Doctor I have ever known.
Dr. Ski will get to the bottom of the problem, quickly and efficiently with as much grit as it takes to accomplish the task to make your child well. He combines the old ways with the new and don't mind saying , "I don't know but we will find out." And he does find out. He is the most compassionate doctor that I have ever met, although he may sound a brash sometimes. That is just part of his " we will get to the bottom of this problem" demeanor. Our family loves him dearly. God Bless you Jacob Skiwski. We are so thankful God put you in our lives.

January 19th, 2013
best doctor!
Had my son in here dozens of times and he is very good. A little 'old school' which i like. When out of town we went to another Dr that gave us a totally wrong diagnosis and antibiotics. My soon kept getting worse so rushed home to Dr Ski and found out he did NOT have a bacterial infection.

October 6th, 2011
Best pediatrician
i was having some problems with my old ped. when my daughter was diagnosed with ecoli and a uti at two weeks old. When I asked gor a second opinion(which is in patient bill of rights) she cussed me out n slammed the door. Dr. skiwski came in and explained everything to me and he has been her pediatrician ever since. He is excellent with his patience, and has never misdiagnosed my daughter!

December 20th, 2010
Not Caring for your patients!!!
I recently had twins that was born at 34 weeks so they were preemies one of them also had a cleft lip/palate so Dr. Jacob Skiwski does not want him to get sick at all but when I called to make an appointment they tell me they are booked up so I called back to speak to the Mgr. of the office she tells me the same thing and adds that she can't even make and appointment for me tomorrow!! What kinda doc office is that??? I will be finding my 7 kids a new pediatrician. I like Dr. Jacob Skiwski but there is no excuse for turning away a 3 month old baby that is sick. Not caring about your patients at all is exactly what that is.
Doctor's Response

Here at the clinic we want to be able to take care of all our patients but unfortunately, there are times in the year that are very busy due to the increase of illness in the community. During these times, the appointments for the clinic are often booked after 30 minutes of opening, even though we reserve appointments each day for people to schedule the same day they call. We have appointment times to decrease the amount of wait time and the spread of illness. We are currently looking for another pediatrician to accommodate our patient's needs.

August 19th, 2010
Love & Thankful to You!
I really enjoy coming to visit this office, I have three small children. When one gets sick or ill all of them feel the same way. Even though, I sometimes get the CFNP, I still enjoy the professionalism and expertise of this office. Thanks for helping and May God Bless

December 11th, 2009
Excellent
Dr. Jacob Skiwski is one of the most caring pediatricians I have ever known. He is a very knowledgable physician, but more than that he genuinely cares about your child and their health. That is a hard combination to find. My children love him and he cares for them as if they were his own. That speaks volumns for me!

December 4th, 2009
I would not take my kids back to this doctor. He came in, looked at my child and spent 2 minutes with her. Very short and unprofessional

October 27th, 2009
Great Pediatrician
Love this doc. He took care of my little girl when she was a preemie weighing just over 2 lbs. She could have been shipped to another hospital, but he kept her close to home. I have always been pleased with the care that he and his staff have provided.