A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jacob Cross Townsend:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jacob Cross Townsend, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Cross Townsend graduated from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta.
Dr. Cross Townsend has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Huntsville Hospital
- St. Vincent's Blount
- Uab Medical West
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cross Townsend accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 4 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Absolute Total Care - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans