A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jacob Townsend:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jacob Townsend is Excellent.
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Townsend
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Townsend Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jacob Townsend, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Townsend graduated from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta.
Dr. Townsend has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Huntsville Hospital
- St. Vincent's Blount
- Uab Medical West
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jacob Cross Townsend MD is a male Internist, has 8 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Jacob C. Townsend practice?
- Dr. Jacob Townsend has 1 office location.
Dr. Jacob Townsend practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Internists and Birmingham Cardiologists.