A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jacob Townsend:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Townsend
Diabetes Patient Education Learn about types of diabetes and diabetic patient symptoms, causes and treatments with out patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Townsend Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jacob Townsend, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Townsend graduated from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta.
Dr. Townsend has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Huntsville Hospital
- St. Vincent's Blount
- Uab Medical West
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jacob Cross Townsend MD is a male Internist, has 7 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Jacob C. Townsend practice?
- Dr. Jacob Townsend has 3 office locations.
Dr. Jacob Townsend practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Birmingham, AL.
Additional practice locations include: Oneonta, AL.
See Birmingham Internists and Birmingham Cardiologists.