Dr. Jacobo Cruz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jacobo Cruz?

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Jacobo Cruz?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 27th, 2016

Completely unprofessional

At first Dr. Cruz seemed like an okay Dr. But drying my treatment he wrote an accidental perscription DOUBLING my dosage of a mood stabilizer, making me completely spaced out. I was supposed to be taking 250 mg and he wrote it for 500 mg. he also put me on the worst drug I have ever heard of, Lyrica without warning me that this drugs is HIGHLY addictive. I have been on Lyrica for two years now, and cannot come off of it without horrible withdraws comparable to opiate withdraws, only with other side affects, such as suicidal thoughts. I am ECTREMELY depressed now, more so than bf I saw the doctor. He is like a robot an doesn't connect at all, and his assistant Brenda is rude and cold to only certain patients.

October 16th, 2015

LIFE SAVER!!!

Thanks to Dr. Cruz I was able to regain my life back. Living with a mental disorder could be life threatening if it is not properly handled. Beside my emotional distress, I seem to be resistant to medication, but Dr. Cruz suggested ECT. I went through 5 sessions and had positive effects. Some short term memory loss, but for a limited time only. After this, my severe depression ceased and I was able to continue with my activities of daily living. Dr followed up the ECT treatment with Lithium and other meds to treat my Bipolar Disorder and anxiety disorder. Dr was able to find the right medication to treat my conditions. This saved my life, seriously speaking. I do not know what would have happen if the Dr wouldn't have intervened on time. He is a life saver! Brenda, his assistance is very competent. I highly recommend Dr.Cruz if you are suffering from any mental disorder. Finding the right psychiatrist makes a HUGE difference. I have been seen by many psychiatrist for 20 years before moving to Florida and, Dr. Cruz is the only one that makes me feel comfortable and calm enough, despite my anxiety disorder. He is extremely careful prescribing meds with the proper dosages. If he needs to decrease dosage or discontinue one, he is very careful so minimal withdrawal effects are felt. The same care is taken when increasing dosages or introducing new medication. Hopefully this review could be helpful enough. Good Luck! I wish you stability and a prompt recovery. Take control and live happy ;-)

November 17th, 2013

Brilliant diagnostician

I survived to senior age in part because Dr. Cruz diagnosed me with "atypical" depression more than 20 years ago and finally found a good med solution for me 5 years later. I have not been a compliant patient - maybe that is common - always trying to get by with a lower dose. It has been a struggle, but overall I've had a good life and am grateful for Dr. Cruz's insight and help at a time when atypical symptoms were not well understood. Other physicians have told me that Dr. Cruz is highly regarded in the psychiatric field.

April 13th, 2011

dr . cruz is very good about explaining the brain but very poor about dealing with patients problems. I knw meds re needed for depression and other issues.However you need to know the issues and confront them in order to get better.Telling a patient they just need to take these meds for he rest of there life and never discussing the issues is wrong. 1 visit for backgrounf and then 15 mon med checks after that hurts patients .Bad things can come fron that , violence suicide or worse will be the consequences.

August 11th, 2010

Pamela Durboraw

I have been seeing Dr Cruz for some time now. he is amazing when it comes to the knowledge he shares with me about my illness.. He listens to me and ...

March 24th, 2017