Dr. Jacque Angerstein DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Austin, TX

3.3

April 5th, 2017
No follow up at all
No follow up at all! I experienced a cyst rupture and was sent by Dr Angerstein to the hospital. After getting the results, I called the office back to ask for some advice as for pain. She never called me back with answers or even checked on me. Also rude secetary

March 14th, 2017
Lack of communication and medical skills for her and her PA
I have been going to Dr Angerstein for 8 or 9 years. I go once every two less than that when something comes up. The past few times I have seen her PA Angie Morton. Last month I went there for a "bad cold" she said. I told her I had all flu symptoms and could not breathe. I was tested negative and told me to take cold medicines. I begged for either a steroids shot or anti biotic because I told her I usually do not go for just a cold. She prescribed me a steroid pack that I took and felt somehow better. 3 weeks later I felt terrible again with chest pain. I called and took her that morning. I was seen by Angie Morton again even if I asked for Dr A. She looked at me and explained my chest pain, left breast, arm, cannot breathe etc. She sent me to x ray and I had pneumonia. She gave me antibiotic for 10 days with lots of rest. I did stay in bed for 4 days and called back Friday asking to talk to Angie or Dr A because I did not feel great and did not see lots of improvement. I knew pneumonia can be serious. The secretary told me that she will take my comments, tell Angie and call me back with her comments. I could not believe neither one of the doctors will call me back to get my feedback. They said: keep resting and call us back in 3 days. Monday comes and I was miserable! No improvement and felt like a week ago! I called to get an appt and be seen. Here is the answer from the secretary: Dr A wants to see you in one month, keep taking your treatment. I said: one month like this and I will die. No way. I need to see someone today!. She said Dr A will not see you until Thursday then so you can go online and make your own appt. That was the last time I looked at their number before deleting it from my phone. I could not believe no one will call me back or see me. I went to urgent care, first they could believe MY doctor will not see me in my case, then the treatment they gave me was building more mucus in my chest and this is why i was feeling better. They changed my treatment, tested my blood, check my heart and took care of me like I should have been seen by Angie or dr A. Very Disappointed by their lack of communication when there is such a health matter and also by not paying much attention to their patients. I will never go back there and will not recommend anyone there.

March 14th, 2017
Not good doctor for important health matter

June 4th, 2015
15yrs loyal and they treated me like trash
After being a patient for 15 years I am completely disappointed by the way Dr. Angerstine and her staff have chosen to handle their practice. Long story short the Dr.' office continued to drag their feet on giving the insurance company prior approval for my perscription. Dr. Angerstine herself told me over the phone it was done, waited waited waited and nothing so I follow up with CVS, and find they were still waiting on the Dr.' office... this happens a few times where the Dr.' office says they will take care of it no worry no worry, and then they dont... I explained the semester was about to start and I would not have time to drive all the way to Westlake to get abothwe perperscription and please dont let it expire. I was assured not to worry, they wouldnt do that to me and it would be taken care of. Finally they give authorization but now the perscription has expired. Now I get a call from the Dr.' office explaining its expired and I need to come to the office to pick up a new one, and pay a fee for this new perscription. Ummm excuse me, but the reason it expired is because things on your end were not taken care of in a timely manner. I contact the Dr.' office as surely the message they left for me is wrong... but it wasnt, and they had no intention of taking any responsibility for this. They tried pointing blame at CVS (who I know was constantly following up with them because I was in contact with them). I was told by the Dr.' office they would wave the fee. I went to pick it up and they still tried to change me! They also gave me a note writen by Dr. Angerstine telling me to find a new Doctor stating I had a threatening attitude over the phone, which is funny because I was not yelling, I was not cursing, I was simply trying to hold them to their actions. Which of course they never owned up to their mistake. I have had issues with this Dr/office in the past, but nothing big enough to make me go through the hassle of finding a new doctor until now. P.S. they are closed everyday from 12-1 for lunch and close early on friday. They dont go the extra mile to make you feel like you matter, so if you go here expect to be just another name on a file (and expect to get asked the same questions everytime, even though the info you give is writen down they never remember anything (job, martital status, etc... personal info they ask everytime... I went here for 15 years and they couldnt remember 1 thing about me?) I urge you to do you research before visiting this facility. There is probably a better fit for you somewhere else, unless you like being treated like a number or even worse like trash. The way this office conducts business is disappointing. After 15 years of being a loyal customer/patient I expect not to be treated like trash.

December 2nd, 2011
Good Doctor, Terrible Business Practices
I have been a patient of Dr. Angersteins for several years. I like her calm demeanor and thought she took her time with me on my visits.HOWEVER, I needed a prescription refill and being a busy working mother of 3 it is not often that I can drop by to pick it up. So my husband went by at 12:02 and they don't "handle pickups" during lunch which is a fancy way of saying they don't hand you the piece of paper that they have ALREADY written behind their desk. Then I went the following day was told they don't "handle pickups" on Fridays either. After explaining to the smug receptionist that I run a company and have three children, two of which were waiting in the car, and that I was traveling on Monday and that coming back a THIRD time wasn't really convenient for me I was told that they don't make exceptions because the other patients might find out that they have reasonable business practices, oh my. Needless to say I won't be returning to her office again. I'll find another doctor that doesn't have arbitrary rules about picking up needed medications during, oh, normal business hours. I'd rather wait 2 weeks to get into a new doctor and get a new prescription than to patronize an office that is that inflexible for their patients.

September 23rd, 2010
WORST DOCTOR EVER!
Waste of time. Don't waste your time seeing this doctor.

September 20th, 2010
Caring and quick
Dr. Jacque is not the doctor to go to if you want to sit around for 45 minutes and be asked the same questions by the nurse and doctor. She often escorts me to the room herself. She is quick and to the point. She has helped me greatly with many illnesses and ailments.

November 3rd, 2009
Great Lady but lacking Medical Skils
I have seen Dr. Jacque for several years. If nothing is seriously wrong, she is great. However, if you really need her to perform as a PCP --- I don't think it will happen. I was having a difficult time, running from specialist to specialist. Asked her to explain things, she was to follow up with the other Docs - Never did, but told me she did and that I was getting proper medical care. It broke my heart to leave her practise, I hope in the future she realizes what a valuable role she plays when people need her help and provide them with the respect they deserve and pay for. Doctoring is a 24/7 and if you can deal, don't become a doctor.