Dr. Jacque Angerstein DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 4th, 2015
15yrs loyal and they treated me like trash
After being a patient for 15 years I am completely disappointed by the way Dr. Angerstine and her staff have chosen to handle their practice. Long story short the Dr.' office continued to drag their feet on giving the insurance company prior approval for my perscription. Dr. Angerstine herself told me over the phone it was done, waited waited waited and nothing so I follow up with CVS, and find they were still waiting on the Dr.' office... this happens a few times where the Dr.' office says they will take care of it no worry no worry, and then they dont... I explained the semester was about to start and I would not have time to drive all the way to Westlake to get abothwe perperscription and please dont let it expire. I was assured not to worry, they wouldnt do that to me and it would be taken care of. Finally they give authorization but now the perscription has expired. Now I get a call from the Dr.' office explaining its expired and I need to come to the office to pick up a new one, and pay a fee for this new perscription. Ummm excuse me, but the reason it expired is because things on your end were not taken care of in a timely manner. I contact the Dr.' office as surely the message they left for me is wrong... but it wasnt, and they had no intention of taking any responsibility for this. They tried pointing blame at CVS (who I know was constantly following up with them because I was in contact with them). I was told by the Dr.' office they would wave the fee. I went to pick it up and they still tried to change me! They also gave me a note writen by Dr. Angerstine telling me to find a new Doctor stating I had a threatening attitude over the phone, which is funny because I was not yelling, I was not cursing, I was simply trying to hold them to their actions. Which of course they never owned up to their mistake. I have had issues with this Dr/office in the past, but nothing big enough to make me go through the hassle of finding a new doctor until now. P.S. they are closed everyday from 12-1 for lunch and close early on friday. They dont go the extra mile to make you feel like you matter, so if you go here expect to be just another name on a file (and expect to get asked the same questions everytime, even though the info you give is writen down they never remember anything (job, martital status, etc... personal info they ask everytime... I went here for 15 years and they couldnt remember 1 thing about me?) I urge you to do you research before visiting this facility. There is probably a better fit for you somewhere else, unless you like being treated like a number or even worse like trash. The way this office conducts business is disappointing. After 15 years of being a loyal customer/patient I expect not to be treated like trash.

December 2nd, 2011
Good Doctor, Terrible Business Practices
I have been a patient of Dr. Angersteins for several years. I like her calm demeanor and thought she took her time with me on my visits.HOWEVER, I needed a prescription refill and being a busy working mother of 3 it is not often that I can drop by to pick it up. So my husband went by at 12:02 and they don't "handle pickups" during lunch which is a fancy way of saying they don't hand you the piece of paper that they have ALREADY written behind their desk. Then I went the following day was told they don't "handle pickups" on Fridays either. After explaining to the smug receptionist that I run a company and have three children, two of which were waiting in the car, and that I was traveling on Monday and that coming back a THIRD time wasn't really convenient for me I was told that they don't make exceptions because the other patients might find out that they have reasonable business practices, oh my. Needless to say I won't be returning to her office again. I'll find another doctor that doesn't have arbitrary rules about picking up needed medications during, oh, normal business hours. I'd rather wait 2 weeks to get into a new doctor and get a new prescription than to patronize an office that is that inflexible for their patients.

September 23rd, 2010
WORST DOCTOR EVER!
Waste of time. Don't waste your time seeing this doctor.

September 20th, 2010
Caring and quick
Dr. Jacque is not the doctor to go to if you want to sit around for 45 minutes and be asked the same questions by the nurse and doctor. She often escorts me to the room herself. She is quick and to the point. She has helped me greatly with many illnesses and ailments.

November 3rd, 2009
Great Lady but lacking Medical Skils
I have seen Dr. Jacque for several years. If nothing is seriously wrong, she is great. However, if you really need her to perform as a PCP --- I don't think it will happen. I was having a difficult time, running from specialist to specialist. Asked her to explain things, she was to follow up with the other Docs - Never did, but told me she did and that I was getting proper medical care. It broke my heart to leave her practise, I hope in the future she realizes what a valuable role she plays when people need her help and provide them with the respect they deserve and pay for. Doctoring is a 24/7 and if you can deal, don't become a doctor.