Dr. Jacqueline Ball MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 10th, 2017
Her help was invaluable
I saw Dr. Ball on and off for several years until I moved to the East Coast. She had such a tremendous positive impact in my life. I came from a very dysfunctional family with mental illness and alcoholism run rampant. She gave me the necessary tools to help me deal with conflict and ease my suffering and shame. I highly recommend her.

May 5th, 2016
Insightful, analytical, listens
Skilled analyst who takes the time to identify issues and then breaks them down into actions. For patients that want to work at getting results, this is a good Dr.

April 22nd, 2016
Good Dr. For Those Wanting to Improve Themselves
Very good at listening to issues/symptoms, providing feedback, working through solutions... and ultimately keeping up with patient progress. I've been to a few psychiatrists, but this Dr. holds patients accountable for putting in the effort needed to improve. Not inclined to sit back or simply prescribe. If you really do want to make improvements in your life and are willing to put in the work, then a good choice

January 10th, 2014
A truly excellent doctor
Dr. Ball was the best psychiatrist I have ever had. This is not to undercut the psychiatrists that I have had in the past or present, but Dr. Ball was really a great doctor. I remember that in the time I saw her I had severe issues psychologically. She worked with me on emotion regulation, managed my medications with skill and was truly empathetic. There are endless studies about how a lack of empathy from physicians, psychiatrists, and psychologists causes severe breakdowns in treatment. Psychiatrists and psychologists have a fine line to walk between needing to help a patient accept where he/she is at to moving them to change. Dr. Ball really knows how to walk this line well. She walked that live well in my treatment and helped me greatly. In addition she has really good integrity. She will not prescribe medication unless it is needed. I know this both by a friend's experience and because one day when I was depressed about sleep problems she empathized with me, but told me that I did not need medication changes. She also pushes for behavioral interventions when they are needed. She may not give you exactly the treatment you want, but she will give you the help you need. I took one star off promptness because her one weakness is in administration, but she is still an excellent doctor.

February 1st, 2016