Dr. Jacqueline Boutrouille MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Fort Lauderdale, FL

3.3

April 24th, 2017
Transformative
Dr Boutrouille helped me to recover through a terrifying and bewildering time of depression and anxiety. She didn't just write a prescription, she listened, and she took the time to work with me to find the way out. An absolutely transformative time in my life.

April 11th, 2017
Never felt comfortable before Dr. B
No office is perfect, but Dr. Boutrouille's office really tries. My schedule is really crazy and they always go out of the way to work me in. When my insurance was giving me problems, they worked around it. Ian, Monique, and Amanda really go out of their way to me everyone feel comfortable and welcome

April 9th, 2017
Last visit she cared more for her male receptionist, Ian, than her patients care.
She was my psychiatrist for several years. Yes, you do have to wait at least 1 1/2 hours to see her after your appointment time. On my last visit with her, I explained that her male receptionist called in my prescriptions wrong and at other times late or not at all. She told me she didn't have to explain herself to me that she was too old and would not answer to me. She had told me she had heard the same complaints all week. Well, he's still there and I'm sure she's lost a lot of patients like myself. Hey doc, yes you do need to explain the incompetence of your office when it affects my health and my time away from work.

February 18th, 2016
Literally the worst addictionologist available
Missed our second appointment due to a "death in the family" with NO notice and leaving me with no meds in withdrawal. My level of confidence any is receiving any help here is zero. I didn't. Don't say you weren't warned

October 14th, 2015
I really like this doc. She is caring a even helped me to ha e a sense of humor about my Mental health - which was refreshing and reassuring. It's so tough to find a down to earth Psychiatrist and she fits the bill!

August 6th, 2015
Excellent and Competent
After being treated by a Psychiatrist for several years and given MANY drugs for Anxiety/Depression, Dr Boutrouille quickly assessed and diagnosed something different. She was friendly and honest. The other Doctor wasted years of my life and gave me addictive drugs that I spent 6 months weaning from. Dr Boutrouille has great knowledge regarding medications and how they affect the brain. I was prescribed non addictive drugs 2 months ago and have never felt better in my life. Highly recommend. She is one of the FEW who really knows the field of Mood Disorders and how to treat them successfully.

April 16th, 2015
good dr
i have read the reviews and am glad i still went to see the dr the office staff was great and very patient with me with all my questions. the dr saw me for about 20 minutes and i had a sense of relief after my visit. i would highly reccommend this dr to anyone who needs a dr that tells you the facts and not to just get you all medicated up

April 6th, 2015
Excellent and accurate

May 19th, 2014
It's hard to trust an recovering addict's opinion
Thank god I did not listen to all of the negative reviews from some of her past patients. Yes the wait can run over your appointment time, but really- that isn't a big deal when you KNOW you are seeing a Psychiatrist. Everyone going to see the Doctor wants more than their share of her time. And while I witnessed several recovering addicts go up to the front window and say they were "anxious" and needed to see her right away- the staff was not only polite but also got the wiener to sit down and wait their turn. I found her to be gracious, very intelligent and quickly insightful about the drugs and issues I was facing with my deep anxiety which runs throughout one side of my family's bloodline. So whoever reads this review, you need to decide for yourself. If you are still struggling and are on-off the drugs addiction issue, she probably is not going to play your game of immediate attention. (Hence why you probably took/take drugs to get an immediate appeasement for whatever ails you.) For others, like myself, who have lived with something we inherited from our family and will never get ride of it, other than to be diligent with the signs when the med.s stop working correctly, she is great! I strongly recommend her, if you are the later patient.

November 12th, 2013
Depression
I am depressed and after leaving Dr. Boutrouille's office today I found myself even more depressed. She treated me poorly and was very unorganized and I will never go back to her ever again.

September 13th, 2013
I cannot recommend this doctor. She did not return phone calls about problems with medication. She made it clear that phone calls are a disruption to her and her staff. I was repeatedly billed for visits even though I paid in full when services were provided. The doctor changed dosages and medication and failed to communicate that information during visits.

September 11th, 2013
Stuck with Dr. B for 2 yrs now.
I need to find someone new. I have ADD to a disabiling level and have been on Ritalin for 15 yrs. I was sent to Dr Jackie after I mistakenly brought my controlling narcisistic ex-husband to my most excellent and much-loved previous doctor (Dr. Braun, Ft Lauderdale) to hear that I was actually emotionally sound. This was contrary to what my ex was telling the rest of the world. Instead of listening to what my doctor had to say, he launched into a complete fabrication about how I was a drug addict who popped many pills all day long. My favorite doctor promptly disowned me, and sent me to Dr Jackie, an addiction specialist. I asked her to drug test me which she did, and I came up clean with nothing in my system. However the trust I had established with my former doctor had already been ruined, therfore leaving me stuck with Dr Jackie as my new Psy Doc. I came to her completely distraught over the abuse from my ex-husband, telling her about how he was lying about me and wanted to call Child protective services to lie to them. I needed treatment for depression because of this as well as for my ADD. She immediately cut my Ritalin in half, leaving me completely inadequately treated. And even though I reported forgetting to turn the stove off, flush toilets, lock doors and my hopeless with my bills and organization, she told me I'd "get used to it" (um, no). Now when I get distraught over this inadaquate treatment, she brings up "what a mess I was" when I came to her, telling me that she thought SHE would need to call CPS, completely forgetting that I told her my Ex was the originator of these tall tales that caused my depression to begin with. Now I have to act level-headed and cannot use her as a therapist or complain about her low-dosing and the effects thereof, lest she think I am "losing it". To top it all off I cannot get an appointment that is not 3 weeks away and she will not call in an Rx without seeing me, even though she put me on Blood pressure medicine and that was all I needed. I am such a bind because of Dr Boutrouille - if anyone has another good doctor to suggest please name them as I have passed on Dr Braun's name to you. I promise that my Ex husband will get no where near my new doctor's office!!