Dr. Jacqueline Boutrouille MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

February 18th, 2016
Literally the worst addictionologist available
Missed our second appointment due to a "death in the family" with NO notice and leaving me with no meds in withdrawal. My level of confidence any is receiving any help here is zero. I didn't. Don't say you weren't warned

October 14th, 2015
I really like this doc. She is caring a even helped me to ha e a sense of humor about my Mental health - which was refreshing and reassuring. It's so tough to find a down to earth Psychiatrist and she fits the bill!

August 6th, 2015
Excellent and Competent
After being treated by a Psychiatrist for several years and given MANY drugs for Anxiety/Depression, Dr Boutrouille quickly assessed and diagnosed something different. She was friendly and honest. The other Doctor wasted years of my life and gave me addictive drugs that I spent 6 months weaning from. Dr Boutrouille has great knowledge regarding medications and how they affect the brain. I was prescribed non addictive drugs 2 months ago and have never felt better in my life. Highly recommend. She is one of the FEW who really knows the field of Mood Disorders and how to treat them successfully.

April 16th, 2015
good dr
i have read the reviews and am glad i still went to see the dr the office staff was great and very patient with me with all my questions. the dr saw me for about 20 minutes and i had a sense of relief after my visit. i would highly reccommend this dr to anyone who needs a dr that tells you the facts and not to just get you all medicated up

April 6th, 2015
Excellent and accurate

May 19th, 2014
It's hard to trust an recovering addict's opinion
Thank god I did not listen to all of the negative reviews from some of her past patients. Yes the wait can run over your appointment time, but really- that isn't a big deal when you KNOW you are seeing a Psychiatrist. Everyone going to see the Doctor wants more than their share of her time. And while I witnessed several recovering addicts go up to the front window and say they were "anxious" and needed to see her right away- the staff was not only polite but also got the wiener to sit down and wait their turn. I found her to be gracious, very intelligent and quickly insightful about the drugs and issues I was facing with my deep anxiety which runs throughout one side of my family's bloodline. So whoever reads this review, you need to decide for yourself. If you are still struggling and are on-off the drugs addiction issue, she probably is not going to play your game of immediate attention. (Hence why you probably took/take drugs to get an immediate appeasement for whatever ails you.) For others, like myself, who have lived with something we inherited from our family and will never get ride of it, other than to be diligent with the signs when the med.s stop working correctly, she is great! I strongly recommend her, if you are the later patient.

November 12th, 2013
Depression
I am depressed and after leaving Dr. Boutrouille's office today I found myself even more depressed. She treated me poorly and was very unorganized and I will never go back to her ever again.

September 13th, 2013
I cannot recommend this doctor. She did not return phone calls about problems with medication. She made it clear that phone calls are a disruption to her and her staff. I was repeatedly billed for visits even though I paid in full when services were provided. The doctor changed dosages and medication and failed to communicate that information during visits.

September 11th, 2013
Stuck with Dr. B for 2 yrs now.
I need to find someone new. I have ADD to a disabiling level and have been on Ritalin for 15 yrs. I was sent to Dr Jackie after I mistakenly brought my controlling narcisistic ex-husband to my most excellent and much-loved previous doctor (Dr. Braun, Ft Lauderdale) to hear that I was actually emotionally sound. This was contrary to what my ex was telling the rest of the world. Instead of listening to what my doctor had to say, he launched into a complete fabrication about how I was a drug addict who popped many pills all day long. My favorite doctor promptly disowned me, and sent me to Dr Jackie, an addiction specialist. I asked her to drug test me which she did, and I came up clean with nothing in my system. However the trust I had established with my former doctor had already been ruined, therfore leaving me stuck with Dr Jackie as my new Psy Doc. I came to her completely distraught over the abuse from my ex-husband, telling her about how he was lying about me and wanted to call Child protective services to lie to them. I needed treatment for depression because of this as well as for my ADD. She immediately cut my Ritalin in half, leaving me completely inadequately treated. And even though I reported forgetting to turn the stove off, flush toilets, lock doors and my hopeless with my bills and organization, she told me I'd "get used to it" (um, no). Now when I get distraught over this inadaquate treatment, she brings up "what a mess I was" when I came to her, telling me that she thought SHE would need to call CPS, completely forgetting that I told her my Ex was the originator of these tall tales that caused my depression to begin with. Now I have to act level-headed and cannot use her as a therapist or complain about her low-dosing and the effects thereof, lest she think I am "losing it". To top it all off I cannot get an appointment that is not 3 weeks away and she will not call in an Rx without seeing me, even though she put me on Blood pressure medicine and that was all I needed. I am such a bind because of Dr Boutrouille - if anyone has another good doctor to suggest please name them as I have passed on Dr Braun's name to you. I promise that my Ex husband will get no where near my new doctor's office!!

August 15th, 2013
Rude new staff and carelesness
The new girl hired by this Dr. Is totally rude, mean and insensitive. She has no social skill or at least basic client services courtesy. The staff never calls back when I request appointments or refills on medication. When I need medication because no refills they don't care I have to call several times to make sure they contact my pharmacy. Dr. Boutroulille, seems nice but she can get snippy, and does not have my lab results in the charge or forgets. It seems the staff is disorganized. I have been with this Dr. for about 4 yrs but I'm currently looking for a new Dr. The wait time is horrific at times I have waited in the office for 2 hrs in a small waiting room crowed with other people. She does not listen to my needs or if I tell her that I'm having issues with a particular medication. She may be a good person but she is too busy to really give each patient the time an attention they need and the staff specially the new woman at the from office is horrid. She also does not have another Dr. on call when she is out on vacation instated using a nurse assistance which should be dealing with patients that needs such diligent medication protocols, she should have a Dr. psychiatrist on call when she is out not a nurse practitioner. Go somewhere else.....

July 10th, 2013
She is a disgrace to the medical field!!
Oh my... I do not even know where to begin. This "woman" (Note... I simply can no longer even refer to her as a" Doctor") ... I chose to visit a few times, definitely a few times too many. Honestly, the ONLY reason I returned is because she was local. I also wanted to give her behaviors the benefit of the doubt, thinking perhaps SHE was just having a bad day, perhaps she was going through something personal, perhaps she was menopausal and my visit was just bad timing... I don't know. However, what I now know is, I will NEVER visit her again!. Her rudeness, her tone, her EXTREME LACK of listening skills, her rushing through the few minutes she spends with you without even asking the important questions that would help her properly diagnose and HELP you!!! I really hope anyone considering to seek her help or is currently seeing her... can read these incredibly important reviews and seek help elsewhere, ASAP! .... PS, the ONLY good at this office is all the other women who help run the office. They have always been nice and THAT I appreciate.

June 28th, 2013
Done!
I have been seeing Dr. Boutrouille for over 3 years now. However, her office staff has gone from bad to worse. I cannot get anyone to call me back for an appointment and recently needed a refill of meds and they would not give me more than 2 weeks w/o making an appointment. Firstly, they never called me back for an appointment, secondly it is a waste of co-payment for a 2 week prescription when I have been taking the same meds for over 3 years and worse yet, the prescription was wrong. I am supposed to be on 0.5mg klonopin twice daily. They submitted 1mg daily and I didn't realize this until 3 days in...No wonder I have been off-kilter. There are plenty of psychiatrists with competent office staff out there and now I'm off to find one.