Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

by Empowered Patient on Feb 14th, 2014

I found this provider as a participating provider through my insurance carriers website. I called to make an appointment and the first thing I was asked was what insurance did I have. My response was Anthem (a large, well known insurance admin). The receptionist asked "is that Obamacare because we don't take Obamacare and I have to ask everyone." I attempted to explain to her that "Obamacare" is not an insurance, it is simply the Affordable Care Act which provided either federal or state marketplaces to purchase affordable insurance plans. Yes, Anthem is a plan choice in Covered CA (California's Health Insurance Exchange) however my Anthem plan is through my employer. Her response: "so do you have Obamacare or not." My response was simply "thank you for your time, but I will find another provider.

|  Terrible Staff  |  show details
by Pam on May 17th, 2013

Dr DeCastro is or rather was my primary care physician. In the few months I have been her patient I have had two bad experiences. The one today was the most egregious . I was was very sick with diverticulitis . I called first thing this morning for an appointment however, the office staff said they couldn't see me until Tuesday. I was doubled over in pain. I explained that and then a woman named Mildred got on the phone. I explained once again. She said she was very sorry but couldn't see me until Tuesday and suggested I go to the ER. What is the point of having a primary care physician when all they do is send yu to ER. I told Mildred to put my files together as they are too difficult to deal with. All she said was "OK." I called my old doctor and was able to get in an hour and get meds. Shame on Dr. DeCastro, Mildred, and staff.

Sep 9th, 2012

Dr. Decastro has always treated me in a professional manner but with a caring attitude. If you're looking for a Doctor that you can have an open and honest dialog about your healthcare with, I would suggest Dr. Decastro. Dr. Decastro always spends adequate time, never rushing through your visit. I have referred other family members to Dr. Decastro.

|  Office Staff  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Office Staff run the practice as she is gone to another office. Dr does not know what is going on, as she turns over decisions as to whether a patient needs care to staff.

|  Lacking  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2010

Her staff are untrained. They have very few patients but lots of vendors bringing them candy and enticements to use their products on patients. The medical assistant is not out of high school and is not a cna, but they do not tell you this. Dr De Castro went to school in the Phillipines. She did do some internship in the United States but that does not bring her up to appropriate medical standards.This office is okay if you have a minor problem, but do not go here if you need real medical care.

|  The Best Doctor in Hanford  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2010

Dr. De Castro has been the best doctor that I have recently found in Hanford. She is very professional yet friendly and caring. She takes her time with me at every appointment. I never feel rushed nor uncomfortable. Whenever I leave her office I feel satisfied. I plan on keeping her for as long as I live in Hanford...

Jun 19th, 2009

Wonderful experience. Made me feel at ease.