Dr. Jacqueline Littzi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

December 14th, 2016
Mary Pat Brody
Dr Littzi is warm and comforting . I am an ongoing eye condition and she is always available to see me. he staff makes sure they fit me in . I know I am in the best hands and am at ease.

February 23rd, 2016
Helped in and ER situation
I was a new patient who had a very bad infection in my eye. Dr. Littzi saw me right away and her staff was extremely caring and competent

December 14th, 2015
Don't know if she has just had bad days or is always lacking in decorum, but she does not have a great "bedside manner," which I think also rubs off in an office professionalism that is lacking. Maybe my standards for manners, common courtesy and respect are not realistic, but it seems like this Dr. is not worth our business.

September 17th, 2015
Excellent!

July 22nd, 2015
Malpractice
Dr. Litzzi tried to fit me for special contact lens for which I later learned she was not certified to prescribe. After two failed attempts, she wanted me to pay for the lens which she was not able to return but that a certified ophthalmologist could have returned. So after paying for preliminary tests I ended up without lens and I am still getting bills from her years later. Dr. Littzi would not listen to reason when I explained to her that I had spoken to a representative at the contact lens company who told me that Dr. Littzi was not certified by them to be prescribing these lens. She then threatened to take me to small claims court. I subsequently went to Dr. Robert Maiolo in Stamford who was able to fit me for the lens since he is certified to do so. If I could give her a zero stars in a rating, I would do so.

January 6th, 2015
Be very careful using this provider
I find it very curious that after many, many negative reviews about her brutal staff, lack of promptness, and questionable billing practices there have been a recent slew of overly positive ones. Hmmm. In any event, I would share that she was more than 40 minutes late for our most recent scheduled appointment, her staff did not treat patients with respect either time I was there, and oh, yes, the billing to our insurance company was wrong. Our insurance company noted that Dr. L's staff clearly needed some training in several areas. Glad others have apparently had such positive interactions, but after a few times there, we would not return.

December 16th, 2014
The Best!
My husband, my daughter, and I have been patients of Dr. Littzi for many years. She has superior qualifications and credentials and has a fine reputation as an excellent surgeon. She has performed cataract surgery on both my eyes--the multifocal implant lens--she explained all the availabilities and payments to my husband and me. I was given letters with instructions for medications, when and where to meet with Dr. Littzi, how, when, and where payments were scheduled and she answered any questions we had. She was as happy as I was about my being able to see again at each post op visit. My husband got a foreign object in his eye one Saturday and Dr. Littzi opened her office to see and treat him. Visits are completed in a timely fashion and her staff is friendly. Many of our friends go to her and are just as pleased with her as we are! She's the best!

November 14th, 2014
Very Grateful Patients
Dr. Littzi takes care of me and my kids for many years. We all wear contacts and glasses and she fit all three of my kids in their first pair of contacts. They love her and I am grateful for all of her wonderful and skillful care. SHe has helped me out free contacts and solution and allowed me to pay on a payment plan for out of pocket costs.

November 10th, 2014
How Lucky We Are
I have been a patient with Dr Littzi for the last twelve years, as has my husband. I have never met a kinder or better doctor in all my 86 years. I cannot thank her enough for taking such wonderful care of my eyes. In every aspect she has been so thoughtful and caring. At my age it gives me so much comfort to know that I will have the best care I could possibly find anywhere!

November 10th, 2014
Happy long term patient
Its is a joyous experience to go to this fantastic doctor. She has help me so much with eyes over the last 20 years. I don not know what i would do without her. My husband feel the same way too, I feel safe in her eyes and she has operated on both of us.

November 6th, 2014
Helpful person
The doctor is good and kind person. I love this doctor very much.

November 6th, 2014
By far the best ophthalmologist in Fairfield county
My policy has always been that if you have a good quality health insurance plan, then all doctors cost the same so you might as well go to the best. Dr Littzi is simply the best and most skilled doctor that you can find in Fairfield County. I needed an eye doctor for a serious vision problem that crept up on me. I asked a good friend of mine on the surgical staff at Greenwich hospital who he would recommend and he steered me to Dr Littzi. He had been very impressed by Dr. Littzi's top drawer qualifications and credentials . She was trained at one of top three medical schools in the US followed by a fellowship at Harvard. Only the top 0.5% of doctors get into these places and there is no ophthalmologist with similar qualifications outside of New York City. The second reference I got was from a retinal surgeon who knows Dr Littzi and has operated alongside her. He described Dr. Littzi as having "the best pair of hands" in the business, referring to her deft touch as a surgeon, something they can't teach you in school. With these two references in hand I made an appointment. The only category where I didn't score 4 stars was this because Dr Littzi is busy and she is spread across 3 offices and a surgical center, so I had to schedule my appointment in 3 days time. However once Dr Littzi saw me, the office set up appointments for my treatment and eventual surgery in a very prompt way . Dr. Littzi is professional and friendly in the office. Her staff do the preliminary tests but Dr. Littzi does a examination herself and checks all the readings from the preliminary tests. She identified the problem and the explained her diagnosis in a clear and sensitive manner. It was not very good news! In the follow up appointment I asked if I could bring my wife along to help me weigh up my options. Dr Littzi asked my wife to wait in the waiting room while Dr L concentrated on me during my 2nd examination and then invited my wife to join us to hear her conclusions. Altho' Dr L is a specialist, she made us feel like she was our family doctor. She kindly answered all my wife's questions but she also had clear advice. Her skill and intelligence are obvious and we felt in good hands. There were some potential complications but I elected to have the surgery. I had the surgery 4 weeks ago. It was a success. I am typing this, something I could not do easily 5 weeks ago. I can see! My wife went in today for a regular eye exam. Dr. Littzi recognized her in the waiting room, greeted her by name and asked how I was doing. I cannot say enough good things about Dr Littzi.