Dr. Jacqueline Schenkein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 6 reviews

October 7th, 2016
very helpful
We have been asking our GP for quite a while for answers about our son's issues. Dr. Schenkein was so thorough and ordered tests right away to ease our mind. We walked out feeling like we would have answers. She also follows up quickly. Great experience.

August 2nd, 2016
The best doctor I've ever had the pleasure of meeting
We met Dr Schenkin 9 years ago, in a pediatric ICU, she was instrumental in saving his life. I will forever be grateful for her expertise, kindness and help. Today my son Sergio, is a typical healthy boy. You wouldn't even know he had a malfunction in his liver that almost cost him his life.we are forever grateful, Dr. Schenkin

April 20th, 2016
Horrible Experience
Worst experience I have ever had! I have been calling everyday for a week to get the results for my 5 yr. old daughter who has been sick for more than a month. To this day, I still have not gotten a phone call back from the doctor to discuss my results. I guess a return phone call is to much to ask! If possible, I would rate her zero stars.

April 4th, 2013
Could not care less about her patients
Dr. J. Schenkein at PCH did not believe in leaky gut, did not want to check for yeast and bacteria, did not think being out of range in calprotecting was anything to worry about. Was more than 30 minutes late for our first appointment and was mad at us for not having an easy case for her (our med history was too long for her and we had too many questions) Did not bother to check on her computer system for our medical history and waisted the already reduced time of our appointment asking us questions she should have read ahead of time on her computer screen. Only advise was "have you take her to the Melmed Center?" Her initial encounter notes states that she is wondering if the patient is autistic because she is reluctant to be touched and examined. The answer is no Dr. Schenkein my daughter is not autistic. That little girl you touch with no empathy at all has been through so many medical procedures, she is already afraid of doctors. And even if she was autistic, she would still have intestines and a stomach, that is why I took her to see YOU. Dr. schenkein should work at Loyola University Medical Center because she thinks kids with autism have no guts or intestines. Sorry for venting. But I am not exagerating. I have left messages and sent emails to her nurse for 2 weeks and she doesnt even bother to call back.

January 24th, 2012
Dr. Scheinkein is a godsend! She is the type of doctor I have only heard about from my grandmother. She takes the time to listen and make her patients feel important and validated. She has been a huge blessing in my life as she helped my daughter become pain free!

September 29th, 2008
Dr. Schenkein has been treating my daughter whom she diagnosed with Crohn's Disease for over 3 years. During that time she has been an extremely devoted and caring doctor. My daughter has had to be hospitalized several times. Dr. Schenkein always called to let me know she had seen her if I was not present at the time. She has always given her the top care and has even called my daughter's other doctors to confer when necessary. She goes out of her way to make sure we get an appointment when we need one. And - she has become a friend to my daughter. My daughter has several health issues and out of all the medical experience we have had, Dr. Schenkein is by far the best doctor.