Internist

3.0

Feb 12th, 2016

I wish I had read the reviews before I agreed to see her. I was referred b the PA in the same practice. I saw her for 2 routine appointments and 1 appointment for an acute issue. Dr. Skaggs has a horrible bedside manner. She seemed angry and insulted that I questioned a medication that she put me on and implied that I did not trust her or think she knew what she was doing. And she didn't seem to care at all, as if she could take me or leave me as a patient. I have had a chronic condition for over 40 years with recent complications. So, I am very in tune with my health and I DO have a lot of questions. What was also concerning to me is that, even though she was thorough in going over my lab results, she never laid a hand on me.....she never listened to my heart or lungs, felt my abdomen, checked my reflexes, nothing. I'm in the process of looking for another practice. It's too bad because I really liked their PA. I hope others find this helpful.

Oct 26th, 2015

Your bedside manner is very poor. Made me feel like I am less than human in asking questions. Will not go back ever.

Cookie cutter medicine show details Cookie cutter medicine
by Naomi I on Sep 1st, 2015

I am a person who is VERY interested in being proactive in my own healthcare, and as a result of having a father who is a doctor and knowing more about the allopathic 'health'care system in the US am much in favor or alternative methods and nutrition (most doctors only receive 2 hours of training in this in medical school, folks) as medicine. My experience with Dr. Skaggs is that she wants to give you her off-the-shelf style care, doesn't want you to have any input on what your healthcare looks like, and if you don't want to do the toxic medications and tests she wants you to have she will flat out state that she won't help you. I took in something regarding a study done at the University of Florida saying you can reverse osteoporosis with, of all things, plums (I've seen this from more than one place. Actually there is a doc in Denver that espouses this, too) and she gave me a haughty look and said "I'm not interested in seeing it." Well, I'm not interested in her brand of "care".

Feb 17th, 2015

She is extremely rude and makes you feel your questions are unwelcome about YOUR health.

Any doctor but her!!! show details Any doctor but her!!!
by hollywood on Feb 20th, 2013

This woman is mean and yells at her patience. I have a mom who was being taken to her and every single caregiver that my mom had complained that she was mean to my mom and yelled at her. She told my mom she was going to put her in a home. She has no authority to make those decisions and I told her if she ever said that to my mom again she was fired. She called back and yelled at me saying she would continue to tell her that if she chose to. This woman has no business on the front lines with patience. I don't know how good she is medically, but emotionally, she is abusive.

Negative and Combative Personality show details Negative and Combative Personality
Jul 27th, 2012

She does not behave as if she even particularly likes human beings. I wonder why she chose a career that involves close interaction with others. There are plenty of other doctors in town to pick from who have sufficient warmth, interest, and training. I suggest you avoid this one.

Jul 11th, 2012

We moved here a year ago and I am so thankful that I picked dr. Skaggs. She is very up front with you. I like that she lays all the cards on the table then discusses options with you. I also like everyone she has referred me to. My daughter recently changed to Dr. Skaggs and she is a fan also. Dr. Skaggs even called to see how I was doing while under the specialist's care. I would recommend her highly.

Jul 4th, 2012

Dr. Skaggs was the rudest doctor I have ever dealt with. She has the worst bedside manner I have ever experienced. She has a chip on her shoulder and needs to rethink her career choice. Having a medical degree doesn't give you license to belittle people coming to you for help.

This doctor needs a refresher course in bedside manner! show details This doctor needs a refresher course in bedside manner!
Mar 11th, 2012

When I made my second appointment with Dr. Skaggs, I told the office staff all the things I needed to see her for. She discussed only one of those items with me, and when I brought up the other items, she said "You have too many add-ons. I cannot spend that much time over every thing you want to talk about. Make another appointment." Nor did she ask how the condition for which I first saw her for was doing. I felt like a can on an assembly line. This is not the doctor I want if I am in the hospital. She is brusque and does not respect my intelligence or professionalism but treated me like a pain in the behind.

Nov 14th, 2011

The LEAST amount of compassion and empathy I have ever encountered from a "doctor"

A great decision:) show details A great decision:)
by Suzanne on Jan 6th, 2010

It's very hard to make a change of Doctors and I was very nervous/anxious about going for the first time so I didn't sleep at all the night before.Dr. Jackie Skaggs soon put all my worries to rest. I was pleasantly surprised at how thorough and down to earth she is. I didn't feel rushed and left my appt feeling like I would be in good dependable hands from here on out. This was definitely a good decision.