Internist

3.0

Oct 26th, 2015

Your bedside manner is very poor. Made me feel like I am less than human in asking questions. Will not go back ever.

Cookie cutter medicine show details Cookie cutter medicine
by Naomi I on Sep 1st, 2015

I am a person who is VERY interested in being proactive in my own healthcare, and as a result of having a father who is a doctor and knowing more about the allopathic 'health'care system in the US am much in favor or alternative methods and nutrition (most doctors only receive 2 hours of training in this in medical school, folks) as medicine. My experience with Dr. Skaggs is that she wants to give you her off-the-shelf style care, doesn't want you to have any input on what your healthcare looks like, and if you don't want to do the toxic medications and tests she wants you to have she will flat out state that she won't help you. I took in something regarding a study done at the University of Florida saying you can reverse osteoporosis with, of all things, plums (I've seen this from more than one place. Actually there is a doc in Denver that espouses this, too) and she gave me a haughty look and said "I'm not interested in seeing it." Well, I'm not interested in her brand of "care".

Feb 17th, 2015

She is extremely rude and makes you feel your questions are unwelcome about YOUR health.

hostile doctor show details hostile doctor
by Fed up on May 6th, 2014

I was astonished at the number of negative reviews with similar, almost identical problems. Dr Skaggs bedside manner is the worst I have ever seen from a private practice doctor. She yelled at my wife over some issues, instead of talking to her. She never once looked up from her computer while doing so. We chalked it up to a bad day, until my wife's most recent visit, when seeing her for an illness. It was a follow up visit, to which she was not recovering yet. She griped about how she was not going to fill any more paperwork out for missed work, etc. Was visibly annoyed that my wife graced her examination room. Fed up from this mistreatment, I called and complained to the office manager. I was told to send a statement about the incidents to Dr Lawson, the lead physician at the practice. This discussion was kept at a level tone, and civil. My wife received a hateful call from Dr Skaggs, about how I yelled at the staff there, and that she doesn't want us back. All because I filed a complaint. Do not solicit her care. There is a reason she is about the only doctor at that practice accepting new patients, and why she has the lowest ratings of all the doctors there.

Any doctor but her!!! show details Any doctor but her!!!
by hollywood on Feb 20th, 2013

This woman is mean and yells at her patience. I have a mom who was being taken to her and every single caregiver that my mom had complained that she was mean to my mom and yelled at her. She told my mom she was going to put her in a home. She has no authority to make those decisions and I told her if she ever said that to my mom again she was fired. She called back and yelled at me saying she would continue to tell her that if she chose to. This woman has no business on the front lines with patience. I don't know how good she is medically, but emotionally, she is abusive.

Negative and Combative Personality show details Negative and Combative Personality
Jul 27th, 2012

She does not behave as if she even particularly likes human beings. I wonder why she chose a career that involves close interaction with others. There are plenty of other doctors in town to pick from who have sufficient warmth, interest, and training. I suggest you avoid this one.

Jul 11th, 2012

We moved here a year ago and I am so thankful that I picked dr. Skaggs. She is very up front with you. I like that she lays all the cards on the table then discusses options with you. I also like everyone she has referred me to. My daughter recently changed to Dr. Skaggs and she is a fan also. Dr. Skaggs even called to see how I was doing while under the specialist's care. I would recommend her highly.

Jul 4th, 2012

Dr. Skaggs was the rudest doctor I have ever dealt with. She has the worst bedside manner I have ever experienced. She has a chip on her shoulder and needs to rethink her career choice. Having a medical degree doesn't give you license to belittle people coming to you for help.

This doctor needs a refresher course in bedside manner! show details This doctor needs a refresher course in bedside manner!
Mar 11th, 2012

When I made my second appointment with Dr. Skaggs, I told the office staff all the things I needed to see her for. She discussed only one of those items with me, and when I brought up the other items, she said "You have too many add-ons. I cannot spend that much time over every thing you want to talk about. Make another appointment." Nor did she ask how the condition for which I first saw her for was doing. I felt like a can on an assembly line. This is not the doctor I want if I am in the hospital. She is brusque and does not respect my intelligence or professionalism but treated me like a pain in the behind.

Nov 14th, 2011

The LEAST amount of compassion and empathy I have ever encountered from a "doctor"

A great decision:) show details A great decision:)
by Suzanne on Jan 6th, 2010

It's very hard to make a change of Doctors and I was very nervous/anxious about going for the first time so I didn't sleep at all the night before.Dr. Jackie Skaggs soon put all my worries to rest. I was pleasantly surprised at how thorough and down to earth she is. I didn't feel rushed and left my appt feeling like I would be in good dependable hands from here on out. This was definitely a good decision.