3.0

Feb 17th, 2015

She is extremely rude and makes you feel your questions are unwelcome about YOUR health.

hostile doctor show details hostile doctor
by Fed up on May 6th, 2014

I was astonished at the number of negative reviews with similar, almost identical problems. Dr Skaggs bedside manner is the worst I have ever seen from a private practice doctor. She yelled at my wife over some issues, instead of talking to her. She never once looked up from her computer while doing so. We chalked it up to a bad day, until my wife's most recent visit, when seeing her for an illness. It was a follow up visit, to which she was not recovering yet. She griped about how she was not going to fill any more paperwork out for missed work, etc. Was visibly annoyed that my wife graced her examination room. Fed up from this mistreatment, I called and complained to the office manager. I was told to send a statement about the incidents to Dr Lawson, the lead physician at the practice. This discussion was kept at a level tone, and civil. My wife received a hateful call from Dr Skaggs, about how I yelled at the staff there, and that she doesn't want us back. All because I filed a complaint. Do not solicit her care. There is a reason she is about the only doctor at that practice accepting new patients, and why she has the lowest ratings of all the doctors there.

Any doctor but her!!! show details Any doctor but her!!!
by hollywood on Feb 20th, 2013

This woman is mean and yells at her patience. I have a mom who was being taken to her and every single caregiver that my mom had complained that she was mean to my mom and yelled at her. She told my mom she was going to put her in a home. She has no authority to make those decisions and I told her if she ever said that to my mom again she was fired. She called back and yelled at me saying she would continue to tell her that if she chose to. This woman has no business on the front lines with patience. I don't know how good she is medically, but emotionally, she is abusive.

No Time or Patience for YOU! show details No Time or Patience for YOU!
by Not Happy with this Doc on Feb 20th, 2013

Dr. Skaggs has sometimes been helpful but is too edgy to get very in depth. If there is a life threatening situation this is not the doctor to see. My 90.5 year old Mom had a bloody nose all day and that was never addressed. She is closed minded about alternative medicine. She ordered Mom onto psych meds then didn't write a script. Mom has Borderline Personality Disorder and psych meds can't help. Colorado is a THC legal state and we did try that on Mom and it was a MIRACLE. This doctor is from Oklahoma and if she ever wanted to return there to practice her good old boys there would lynch her for prescribing THC back in Colorado. She is only willing to hear one problem maybe two. If you are really sick and have multiple issues find another doctor!

Negative and Combative Personality show details Negative and Combative Personality
Jul 27th, 2012

She does not behave as if she even particularly likes human beings. I wonder why she chose a career that involves close interaction with others. There are plenty of other doctors in town to pick from who have sufficient warmth, interest, and training. I suggest you avoid this one.

Jul 11th, 2012

We moved here a year ago and I am so thankful that I picked dr. Skaggs. She is very up front with you. I like that she lays all the cards on the table then discusses options with you. I also like everyone she has referred me to. My daughter recently changed to Dr. Skaggs and she is a fan also. Dr. Skaggs even called to see how I was doing while under the specialist's care. I would recommend her highly.

Jul 4th, 2012

Dr. Skaggs was the rudest doctor I have ever dealt with. She has the worst bedside manner I have ever experienced. She has a chip on her shoulder and needs to rethink her career choice. Having a medical degree doesn't give you license to belittle people coming to you for help.

This doctor needs a refresher course in bedside manner! show details This doctor needs a refresher course in bedside manner!
Mar 11th, 2012

When I made my second appointment with Dr. Skaggs, I told the office staff all the things I needed to see her for. She discussed only one of those items with me, and when I brought up the other items, she said "You have too many add-ons. I cannot spend that much time over every thing you want to talk about. Make another appointment." Nor did she ask how the condition for which I first saw her for was doing. I felt like a can on an assembly line. This is not the doctor I want if I am in the hospital. She is brusque and does not respect my intelligence or professionalism but treated me like a pain in the behind.

Nov 14th, 2011

The LEAST amount of compassion and empathy I have ever encountered from a "doctor"

A great decision:) show details A great decision:)
by Suzanne on Jan 6th, 2010

It's very hard to make a change of Doctors and I was very nervous/anxious about going for the first time so I didn't sleep at all the night before.Dr. Jackie Skaggs soon put all my worries to rest. I was pleasantly surprised at how thorough and down to earth she is. I didn't feel rushed and left my appt feeling like I would be in good dependable hands from here on out. This was definitely a good decision.

Someone has a large stick that needs removal show details Someone has a large stick that needs removal
by Disgruntled Patient on May 11th, 2009

This doctor may or may not be competent (it is debatable), but her biggest problem is that she has an attitude that comes across as Queen B**ch of the world. Absolutely no bedside manners. Expect no sympathy. How could you become a doctor and have no compassion?She does not even listen to her patients.It wouldn't matter to me if she were the best doctor in the world (although she is not) if you don't have any compassion and refuse to listen to what the patient is trying to say, you do not deserve to be entrusted with the care of another.I have never in my whole life been as turned off by a doctor as I was by Dr. Skaggs. I have stayed with a lot of doctors who did not have any personality because, well, they are doctors. Doctors are not usually known for great personalities and I was not looking for a friend, I was looking for a doctor. However, this goes further than that. I do not pay my money to be abused, which is how you feel after coming out of her office.All I know is no sick person should be treated so poorly. I hope this keeps a few people from having to experience what I, and several other people I know went through.There are many competent doctors in Colorado Springs, even in Mountain View Medical Group. The office staff is always friendly. Dr Skaggs, however, is not one I would put on that same list.