Dr. Jacques Stassart MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

May 27th, 2016
Not recommended.
We went to this clinic years ago and I put it out of my mind until an article reminded me of our infertility and experience at that clinic. Dr. Stassart was extremely arrogant and the clinic itself had a toxic atmosphere. The IVF protocol was very cookie-cutter and did not take into account our specific and very unique situation. At one point he raised his voice with me, stood up, and slammed something down on his desk angrily because I asked him a question (innocently) and I guess he didn't like being questioned. He has a god complex. For people who like to do their own research and ask questions rather than blindly following orders, this is not the clinic for you. I also got a toxic feeling from many of the nurses and other staff. From more recent reviews it looks like nothing much has changed. The people who are happy most likely got lucky and had a successful pregnancy, although my negative review has nothing to do with not being successful there. After two failed IVF cycles at the clinic we stopped treatment and I had a healthy pregnancy on our own. Even IUI cycles at a different clinic (CRM) previously had at least resulted in pregnancy, although miscarried. We spent a miserable several months trying to deal with that clinic and I can never get that time or money back.

February 27th, 2016
Great experience
Dr. Stassart gave us all of the facts we needed to in order to make educated decisions. There are really hard decisions to make in the ivf process and a lot the general public does not know. I have always known I am not great with understanding medical "lingo". With him you do not need to know anything, he explains the process and what you need to know to fit you and make you feel comfortable with your decisions. He also takes into consideration that there are a lot of discomforts associated with ivf for the mom and tries to decrees the level of discomfort as much as he possibly can. We are overjoyed with the success and how the process went. One try and we were pregnant! Stassart is hands down amazing at what he does. He has a true dedication to his job and his patient.

May 4th, 2015
Worse medical service and outcome I ever got, but them the highest I ever paid
The doctors in this clinic were very impatient during discussions. This happened very time both during office visits and before procedures. We wanted more explanations on something the doctor told us previously, the doctor got very impatient. If we notified them our need to reschedule an appointment even 3 days prior to our appointment, they would charge us additional 25%. They were even more upset knowing that we wanted to go to other clinic for better service. More ridiculously, after we paid them more than $20K out of our own pocket, they insisted on getting additional $30.00 from us in order to print out our medical record. Even worse, the doctor promised results at the sales presentation to a group of prospective patients, but later during office visits, the doctor would give you all kind of reasons why your expectations should be much lower. The closer to the procedure date, the more reasons the nurses and doctor would lower your expectations and told you that should be the normal outcome. They provided zero follow-up after your visit.

February 4th, 2015
Dr. Stassart is EXCELLENT!
Doctor Stassart is a very skilled IVF doctor and I whole heartenly recommend him. I felt completely confident and at ease under the care of Dr. Stassart throughout the entire IVF process. What I especially enjoyed about his care was his honesty and compassion towards our situation. We could feel how much he cared about making our little mirical come true. He was confident that we would be able to get pregnant and we did! My boys are now 12 weeks old. I will be forever grateful for Dr. Stassart and the entire team at RMIA. Thank you!!!

September 29th, 2011
There are better clinics in the area
The biggest problem with Dr. Stassart is his staff. His schedulers are awful, delaying us over 6 months between cycles. His lab staff is incompetent, unable to thaw embryos without losing 60% of them or thaw sperm without losing 100% TWICE. Dr. Stassart messed up my med protocol, costing us thousands of dollars in extra meds and ultrasounds. I was in tears nearly daily from interactions with his staff. They were unbelievably mean and also outright wrong most of the time. Dr. Stassart was never available for me to talk to. He traveled most of the time and did not see me himself on any of my office visits. He only appeared for procedures and didn't want to hear about problems.

July 13th, 2011
Exceptional Physicin
Amazing staff and caring physician! I cannot thank you enough for all you do at RMIA through all the emotional rollercoasters! Dr. Stassart is very compassionate and professional. Thank you again!

July 2nd, 2011
Going to RMIA was one of the BEST medical decisions that I have made! Dr. Stassart is calm, caring, and thorough. He is incredibly knowledgeable about his field and was able to discuss several options for my husband and I. He never made any promises but I always left the clinic feeling hopeful and I knew I was in the best care possible. A couple months after my initial visit, I got a call from the clinic letting me know I was pregnant! Our daughter turns one this month and we would like to say a HUGE thank you to Dr.Stassart (and the entire RMIA staff) for the wonderful experience we had at your clinic.

June 14th, 2011
Great RE!
We have had all around positives since my first informational call. Quick and caring responses from staff and doctor. He was knowledgeable and straight forward, which we so appreciated! He gave us realistic hopes. This clinic (Woodbury) is heads above any others we dealt with in MN or Seattle.

June 10th, 2011
Don't wast you your time with RMIA and Jacques P. Stassart, MD. Both my wife and I wasted a day driving down to Woodbury, Only to find out he had not reviewed our records (we were told he would review them before for we arrive) That was how out consultation started and it went down hill from there. By the end of our consultation (which we cut short)my wife was nearly in tears and I had to calm down before getting in the can for the three hour drive back have. I would recommend looking elsewhere!

October 4th, 2009
Dr. Stassart still remembers me and my reproductive issues and it has been over 3 years! Very sensitive and caring Dr!