Dr. Jae Nam MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

August 12th, 2016
dr nam
All he cares about was money affiliated with gwinnett hospital.dont worry about patient problem only what they can charge big bucks for

May 15th, 2016
Horrendous staff with average doctor
The doctor (Dr. Jae Nam) is nothing extraordinary but nice enough in manners in person. That being said, don’t expect any special medical insight or help beyond what your primary care doctor could provide or what’s written on your expensive endoscopy reports. The admin, however, is absolutely egregious, and by far the worst I’ve ever experienced in this area. The lack of professionalism and total absence of honesty are the very reason why I would advise anyone to stay away from Dr. Jae Nam and Gastroenterology Specialists of Gwinnett. Specifically in my case, I paid the clinic everything in cash for my endoscopy procedure, 100% out of my pocket, because I had no insurance. I clearly stated to the clinic at the time that I had no insurance and that I wished to pay for everything out of pocket, and the administrator stated to me that the amount I paid would cover all the procedures. A few months later, I ended up receiving unexpected bills from a third party (completely uninformed, never been previously agreed upon) allegedly for the cost of analysis. When I tried to address the issue by contacting the clinic, the admin initially acknowledged their mistakes with billing and even promised to send us a refund check. When the promised refund check never came, I tried contacting the clinic again; this is when the admin started ducking my calls and putting me on hold for hours (until the end of business hour), or redirecting me to multiple voicemails that never resulted in any meaningful conversation or return calls. The issue was never rectified over many months and is still ongoing as I was forced to file complaints and seek redress from different avenues. Shady billing practices for sure, and once they were out of words or logic to defend their positions, they severed communications with their customer rather than help rectify the issue and make up for their mistakes. Even writing this review is an additional waste of my time and mental energy, but I am only doing this because I think of it as my civic duty to inform other medical consumers of businesses with unethical billing practices.

June 7th, 2013
Dismissive
So I am a young lady that had been experiencing some acid reflux symptoms. My tonsils would swell do to the reflux irritation, my tongue was always coated white, bloating, gas, etc. I seen Dr.Nam and I have to say the visit was very short and uninformative. He pretty much just went threw the motions of the exam but didn't actually seem genuinely interested in hearing my history. Unfortunately I have lost my job now due to the excessive call offs because of my swollen tonsils, burning throat, and constant abdominal pain. At first I couldn't afford to pay for the upper endoscopy he recommended. Since then I have scraped the money together but decided not to go back to him. It's not that he's mean, but he just comes off a little full of himself ( Almost like he's looking down on you). It comes across like his job is so repetitive that he's just going threw the motions instead of basing diagnosis/treatment on a case by case basis. Honestly After reading the other reviews I'm happy I'm not going to spend my $500+ to have someone be just OK. I need someone that takes pride in patient care and satisfaction. Someone that takes the time to listen to your concerns and proceeds according to what my symptoms and concerns are. Nothing personal against him but he could use some work as far beside manner, listening, and being more informative. If your like me I would suggest you find someone else and there are a lot of great ones out there so no need to worry. Goodluck!

April 3rd, 2013
Misdiagnosis
He was the ER doctor for my Mom's diagnosis, and ruled out a stroke. I insisted on seeing a nuerologist and when we did, another test was conducted(MRA) and she was diagnosed for a stroke(which she had shown symptoms of during the 24 hours she was in ER). Arrogance and misdiagnosis are what I can think of, but more importantly, if she had received the right medication, she could have prevented the problem in her legs- where she can't walk with balance at this time. I would suggest you ask for another doctor, and better yet, avoid going to Gwinnet Medical in Duluth. A horrible experience overall.

November 17th, 2012
after phone call manner of care
I called after hours, with concern for my child a current patient in this practice, not this Dr. he was very curt, and obviously annoyed to be bothered after hours. It made me so angry to an extent that I will be changing practices, I certainly hope he doesnt see children in the office, terrible professional attitude on the phone!!!!

August 10th, 2012
Good medicine, no haughty attitude
Dr. Nam first saw me in the hospital after a surgical complication led to a serious abdominal hemorrhage. He treated me after release, and from the first moment till now I have been impressed both with his knowledge and skill as a practitioner and his kindness and humility as a person. If you favor physicians with the all-too-common "haughty-tude" find another doctor. Dr. Nam as none of that. Highly recommended.

November 19th, 2009
Colonoscopy
Dr. Nam and his staff went above and beyond the call of duty in taking care of me. They took the fear and anxiety out of the situation and made me feel cared for and welcome.

September 10th, 2009
Great Doctor
Wonderful and pleasant, great bedside manner, truly a gentleman.