Dermatologists, Surgical Specialist
Video profile
95 Washington St
Canton, MA 02021
781-821-2888
Locations and availability (3)

1.0

|  let down and lied to  |  show details
by screwed by the doctor on Apr 27th, 2014

This was horrible. The man tells you what you want to hear and once he gets the money all bets are off. The work he performed did not come out like he said it would and when I complained he just said that it happens some time depending on the type of skin you have. He never mentioned that at the start. Further complaints had him just blow me off. He got paid and didn't care he is a cheat and a fraud. I wish I had checked on him before hand.

|  Awful results and experience  |  show details
by Carol on Sep 10th, 2013

Going to Dr. Koupaie for liposuction and fillers was a very bad experience. He spent very little time with me prior to each procedure and I should have seen that as a warning sign. However, I wanted to have the procedures done and didn't want to shop around. What a mistake. He took too much fat out of the inside of my thighs which left me permanently disfigured. I haven't been able to wear a bathing suit in over 8 years because of the dimpling in my inner thighs. The fillers he used for my face left me with bumps on my face for several weeks after the procedures and I still have one bump that has never gone away. Who knows how he accomplished that. I'm now seeing a REAL plastic surgeon who knows what he's doing and it's going to cost me thousands of dollars to undo what was done to my body by Dr Koupaie. Awful experience with a Dr who clearly is just looking to cash in despite lacking expertise. Stay away.

|  Find another dermatologist!  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2013

Dismissive and completely uninterested in his patient/client. He is, however, interested in upselling! Came in with a preset, expensive "solution" and didn't look at my skin or discuss my concerns with me. I left half-way through the appointment. I have better things to spend my time and money on. The only thing I'd recommend is that you never visit this office in the first place. It's a waste of time.

|  i Lipo is BS This guy is cruel  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2012

I wish I had known about this site before I went to See Dr. Koupaie. I have a congenital condition called hemi hypertrophy which presents as my right side of bigger than my left side. It is very embarrassing to me. It is hard to find pants to fit because one thigh is too large, etc. Diet and exercise do nothing because the asymmetry still exists. I went to this doctor and spent many thousands of dollars for iLipo sessions. I took it all very seriously and went to the gym (exercise is recommended after each session) religiously. The results were bogus! The nurses (I never saw the doctor after the first session) would go through a process of measuring my thigh before and after each session and excitedly report that I had lost inches. There was no effort to chart the "loss" from one session to the next. Such BS. The ladies that work there are very nice, but it is all about money!The doctor told me in the beginning that we'd try this procedure first and if it doesn't work then he would use traditional liposuction. After I paid the money, invested the time in coming back week after week for the treatments and found no result I asked to speak to him and he acted like I was annoying him. He said sure he's do the liposuction, but there would be an additional (significant) charge. So I am left with the feeling that I was taken advantage of, mocked and robbed. I wish there was a way to report him for his false promises, but I guess I was the fool to trust him. I didn't really have the money to spend and I have a congenital condition that is very embarrassing to me, but still he took advantage of me. No shame...what a cruel and selfish man.

Jul 16th, 2012

dismissive to patients' concerns, spending under 5 minutes with patient never asking questions about patient concern or previous medical history. would never recommend

Jan 26th, 2012

I wanted to show him a patch of skin on a personal area. I wanted to close the door but he wanted it open. I didn't think much of it because I was the only patient in the office. Then he calls someone into the room to look at my skin. Thinking it was another doctor I didnt cover myself up...and in walks the secretary! She takes a peak and walks out. Then I showed him a mole and he said it would have to be removed. He said he would have to give me a local anesthetic and would remove it and then give me a few stitches. I thought that seemed like a bit much for a mole that wasn't even that bad to begin with...needless to say I will not be going back and will be getting a second opinion!

Oct 25th, 2011

He is a crook

Mar 27th, 2011

This doctor is horrible. I have problems with keloid scaring. Made promises that he can make an area unnoticeable and bragged how successful he was in the past. Even purposely used a less aggressive approach just to increase the number of office visits because he charges by the number of office visits/procedures. In the end he failed in ridding my scar and said there was nothing more he can do and wouldn't even look me in the eye. Went to other surgeons and two visits and scar is mostly gone vs 8 visits with koupaie and 2000 dollars wasted. Also keloid scarring is covered by most health insurance even if it is mainly for cosemetics. Don't believe this guy and just go somewhere else.

|  This doctor sucks!  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2010

I wnet in for psoriasis on my palms. He didn't even bother to look at them.

|  don't use this doctor  |  show details
by 2007 on Feb 7th, 2009

I had lipo done two times from this doctor. He is horrible I am still now where I want to be. I put the weight back on. He doesnt take responsibility for his wrong doings. He makes his nurse do all his work including his dirty work. He is not a trust worthy man. He does a bad job on his procedures.