Dr. Jagminder Bhalla MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

October 21st, 2015
This doctor was by far the worst experience I have ever had in my life. We would have never used this hospital, but since my father had suffered a stroke and heart attack it was the closest one near by to give him the medical attention he needed. Once my sister and I got to go into the ER to see my father they basically told us there was little chances of him making it through this. After hearing this of course we are in disbelief, shock, horror and sadness, but regardless the staff needed to get more information about my father to see if there is anything more they can do to help him, so all while dealing with this news my sister and I answer the questions to our best ability to two seperate nurses. Within an hour we had to REPEAT the horrific details of how we found our father, his medical conditions, and every other question that we can think of to NINE different people. Not one of them were simpathetic to the fact that we just got news that our dad is going to not make it, but you would think that they would go out of their way to help us out by at least communicating with EACHOTHER rather than have NINE different people continue to bombard us with questions when we just want to spend the last moments with our father as best we can. A few hours later they moved my dad to ICU and the Dr. JAGMINDER SINGH BHALLA that came in and spoke with us had horrible bedside manner as well as NEVER took the time to explain to us exactly what was going on. Instead we got the constant question of "Where is your mother"...well like we explained to the nine other individuals who questioned us earlier, our mother passed away a few years ago, which was also a sensitive subject, but for none of the staff to even remember this or to keep asking us where our mother was like they did not want to explain what was going on with our father. I am 25 years old and my sister is 26 years old, we are not doctors, but we are not stupid, they spoke to us like children and never took the time to simplify what was going on for us. Instead he would rush in the room, say a few words which meant no sense to us and then storm out of the room. Thank god for the ICU Nurse Art who really went out of his way to take his time and thouroghly let us know the conditions of my father. After my father passed away, trying to recieve the death certificates WAS A NIGHTMARE. As we already knew, recieving death certificates take a little while to get, which we were prepared for. But Dr. JAGMINDER SINGH BHALLA took so long to sign the death certificate, and once we got it back he put "Blunt force trama to the head" as my fathers cause of death. This information was 100 PERCENT FALSE, because the days we were in the hospital never once was this mentioned to us and it was said by multiple nurses and the doctor himself that my father suffered from multiple heart attacks and strokes. After this the coroners officed called us and said that now that they flagged my fathers death is under investigation and my father's body will need to be taken in for investigation to look into the "blunt force trama to the head" cause of death on his death certificate. After DAYS of calling and arguing with different people to try and get in contact with Dr. JAGMINDER SINGH BHALLA we finally got him to revise his MISTAKE and put the correct cause of death on his death certificate so that we will be able to bury my father on the day scheduled for his funeral. This doctor has no idea how much extra pressure termoil, and heartache he put onto my sister and I, since we are just two young girls who have to bury the only parent we had left. We had to wait an extra month for his corrected death certificates, and for anyone who has lost a loved one, you know that the death certificates are such an important part of closing up ends and in the burying proccess of a loved one.

August 23rd, 2010
Aren't doctors supposed to look you over?
I was in the hospital and regretfully, Dr. Bhalla was assigned to my case. He came in the room, stood across the room as he told me you look better than yesterday. What!?! A five year old kid could have told me that! He didn't even come near me to see how I'm doing... Then my antibiotics were changed and I asked why, when the previous one was working, he had no answer, but told me to ask another doctor that would be coming in - he changed it! This man simply stood there, every once in awhile grinning, and didn't say very much of anything. I have never been sooo disappointed with a doctor in my life.

July 29th, 2010
Almost caused mother to pass away
Doctor had a good bedside manner and both mom who has moderate dementia and We liked our initial visits with him. He spent time with her and addressed any concerns I had regarding her care and medication. A couple weeks later, I called him because I noticed fatigue and change of my 82 yr old mother's demeanor. He shrugged it off responding she was old, and everything was fine and I worried too much as he had examined her the week before and put her on two types of diuretics for edema of the legs. A week after our phone conversation my mother almost passed away due to severe dehydration because the doctor put my mother on two types of diuretics for her edema of the legs and had her care home limit water consumption. She was rushed to ER in critical condition with extremely low blood pressure and dehydration with high levels of valproic acid in her system. If I did not call 911 at the time she reported feeling extremely sick, she would not have survived. Needless to say, I have fired him as PCP after only 3 weeks under his care. His staff is also too young and tend to lack experience that comes with maturity.

June 7th, 2010
Good Doctor, incompetent staff
I believe that the doctor is as good as the staff he has to run his office. Even though this doctor is good, the staff is under qualified and not medically competent to treat animals nevertheless a patient.