Dr. Jairo Bermudez MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

July 6th, 2016
My favorite doctor at ARC South.

March 7th, 2015
Fabulous doctor & human being
Dr Bermudez was truly my savior! The medical community failed me miserably for a couple of years by failing to recognize that I had developed a serious illness. When Dr B entered the exam room, he was kind, caring & gentle, and he listened to me...although I mostly just cried because of my illness. He personally called the rheumatologist he referred me to and obtained an expedited appt on my behalf, and all but held my hand until he was sure I was happy with that rheumatologist (which I was). Even after ushering me to rheumatology, he remained my primary care provider for many years. If he'd not left San Marcos, he would definitely still be my primary care provider. The ONLY reason there is any quality to my life these days is because Dr B walked into the exam room in which I sat in 2001. My only unhappy feelings exist only because I didn't find him sooner. I will NEVER forget Dr B for as long as I live, and can NEVER thank him enough for his kindness and compassion.

April 29th, 2012
No Compassion
I find this doctor to be arrogant, compassionless and I really question his accuracy in diagnosing my problem. His way of making a diagnosis is by having you take unnecessary tests, that are expensive, in order for him to use a "process of elimination" of what the problem could be instead of using what knowledge he should have gained in Medical School.

February 23rd, 2011
Client feedback discounted
I was accused of trying to regulate Synthroid dosage and trying to set something up when complaining of heart palputations. This is due to my records showing a complaint filed of another physician who, over my objections, dropped my Synthroid 50 MCG in one dosage, throwing me into a thyroid storm. After following regular tsh tests proceedures Dr. B was able to drop the Synthroid dosage set by a recognized endroconologist to the same dosage set by the physician I had complained about.Of course it was too low. Another endrocologist, thank goodness I found one locally, set the dosage back to that of the former endroconologist.

July 30th, 2009
On my first visit Dr. Bermudez explained his approach as an Internist as opposed to a family Physician. He is thorough with many questions asked to help determine what my condition may be. Sometimes he explains as he evaluates. He is courteous, considerate, concerned and humorous at the right time. I am totally at ease and confident with his prognosis. On my next visit he did not hesitate to let me know that I needed to change my lifestyle on eating and exercise. I took this to heart( pun intended) with a serious attitude to living healthy.

January 22nd, 2009
Questionable diagnosis
HE DIAGNOSED ME AS HAVING DIABETIS WITH ONLY A BLOOD GLUCOSE TEST OF 126, AND NO OTHER SYMPTOMS.

February 28th, 2017