Dr. Jaiwant Rangi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 17 reviews

September 6th, 2016
not the best
presumptive individual, better options out there....

March 31st, 2015
WORST DOCTOR EVER!! SHE IS A THIEF. SHE told me that my b-12 shots were not covered by my insurance and that I would have to pay cash at 50.00 each. I found out later that my shots were and are covered by my insurance. I called Rangi and she refused to refund my money and submit claim thru my insurance her office manager gave me a bunch of excuses including that I came to the office willing and that no one force me... look for another doctor. I tried in good faith, to talk to Dr. Rangi and get her to refund me my $250 and resubmit the claim to my insurance company and her office manager said that Dr. Rangi was refusing to submit the claim that I didn't do bloodwork at their office. I told the office manager that Dr. Rangi had already requested all of my bloodwork directly from the lab so that she would have my entire medical history via bloodwork. The office manager said that she would get in touch with my primary health physician to request my history in relation to my anemia, vitamin B-12 deficiency. Once she received the information from my primary care doctor, the office manager stated that Dr. Rangi was refusing to submit my claim because my blood work was old and that besides you didn't come to our office for B-12 deficiency, no one force you to come to our office, you made the appointments yourself Dr. Rangi erroneously and under deceit charged me $50.00 for each of the (5) B-12 shots she administered to me when it is a fully covered benefit under my insurance. Dr. Rangi charged me cash $50 for each injection because this is more money than what she would have received thru my insurance. Dr. Rangi acted unethically and she needs to realize that she can not be charging patients cash because it is bigger profits to her and lying to patients telling them straight out and clearly that the benefits ARE NOT COVERED is wrong!

February 23rd, 2015
Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism
Dr. Jaiwant Rangi really helped me with my Hyperthyroidism, these last few years. She cares about your condition and always ask how you feel first, listens to you, then goes over the test results with you, explaining the facts. Being very knowledgeable and professional at treating your conditions. My condition was extremely difficult to treat, took lots of time, but she succeeded! I recommend her and her staff highly. that is for sure!! If you need a doctor in her field for treatment, she is the one to choose, that is for sure!! I hope this review helps someone.

February 9th, 2015
Doctor needs to delegate to improve service to medical patients
Love Dr. Ranji, but her office is run poorly. Long wait times to get appointment, and also at appointment. She takes up to 5 days to get back to you when you have a question. Weight loss patients sometimes scheduled during medical patients time.

February 6th, 2015
She has made such a difference in my life.
I have been seeing Dr. Rangi for over 2 years. I was referred to her after I was taken in an ambulance to the hospital for my diabetes. At my appointment yesterday, Dr. Rangi reduced my insulin dosage and discussed removing me from insulin altogether within 3 months. That is the level of care I have received from her.....to go from frightening, constant diabetic episodes to doing so well that I may not have to be on insulin any longer is AMAZING to me! She can seem abrupt sometimes, but I truly believe it is because she knows just what needs to be done and she gets to it!!! I have such complete confidence in her and I am grateful.

December 11th, 2014
Doesn't listen so unnecessary lab work, doesn't look over previous tests, always rescheduling,

August 18th, 2014
worst doctor ever.... beware
diagnosed me as hyperthyroid and type 2 diabetic without proper labs. when I acted as my own advocate and asked for the correct lab work to be done, not hyperthyroid (which I had already refused her prescription of radioactive iodine to destroy thyroid) and was type 1 diabetic all along! condescending, does not listen, and irritable. no thanks .... and I've known several people with awful experiences there.

August 8th, 2014
I was referred to Dr. Rangi by my family physician as I have medical issues that need to be monitored on a regular basis. Dr. Rangi was very thorough in the tests and exam she gave me to make sure that I needed all the medications that I was on (13 at that time). I was very overweight which was a big concern for her and she started me on her weight loss program. To date I have lost over 60 pounds and have been able to cut my medications down significantly! The support staff in her office has helped me tremendously in making that life style change for better health! Dr. Rangi truly cares about my well being and her staff is great!

May 23rd, 2014
Patient
I LOVE Dr. Rangi, she gave me my life back!!!! I had a parathyroid issue along with other health issues. She referred to me as her puzzle. Well she put all her knowledge to use and figured out one step at a time without rushing to judgement and got my puzzle solved. She is a warm and compassionate doctor and I trusted her with my life! Thank you Dr. Rangi!!!

December 5th, 2013
Patient
In the 50 years of trying to regulate my thyroid, Dr. Ranji is the only doctor determined to get my system back to 'normal'. It has taken over a year, but she has listened, changed meds, put down the 'tools', and explained what she was trying to regulate and how it interacted with my body as a whole. Her patience is admirable (my body resistant to change). I have seen many doctors and NO ONE has taken the time and understanding that Dr. Rangi has! She has the greatest listening skills of all the doctors I have ever had.

September 10th, 2013
fantastic
I took our son to Dr Rangi for management of Dm type 1 after facing a lot of frustration with our current insurance. she has helped more in 1 visit than the endocrinologist that we have seen over last 6 yrs . she is extremely caring , spent a lot of time with us explaining each step . All I can say is she is fantastic , knowledgeable and extremely caring . God bless her .I would highly recommend her to anyone

May 21st, 2013
Phone coverage and wait times.
The issues that I have with her office is that she does not have adequate staffing to manage incomming calls. It is very rare that I actually speak to the receptionist when I call. I always get voicemail and they are not very prompt at returning calls. The other issue I have is that she is always running late for appointments. I do like Dr. Rangi and feel that she is quite knowledgeable regarding my disease, that is why I have continued to go to her.