Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner, Sports Medicine Specialist

Stay away from Dr. Veigel show details Stay away from Dr. Veigel
by Tyson on Jul 27th, 2015

My hamstring was bothering me so I went to see Dr. Veigel. He had no clue what was wrong, yet he sent me to physical therapy anyway. The PT made the injury worse, so I stopped doing it, and after a few weeks of resting hamstring began to get better. The problem lingered, however, and then a few months later it got worse to the point at which I could barely walk. I got an MRI done, which showed not one but two herniated discs, devoid of fluid — which means the discs had been injured for a long time. If Dr. Veigel doesn't possess the capacity to actually diagnose an injury rather than simply shoving the injured off to PT (where, in my case, I wasted $1,000), then I'm not sure why he thinks it's okay to charge people money — let alone hundreds of dollars — to see him. If he knew what he was doing, I may have been able to avoid the extreme pain that resulted from his lackluster knowledge of sports medicine. If you want an accurate assessment and professional advice regarding your injury, stay away from Dr. Veigel. He won't give you one.