Dr. Jama Edwards MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 9th, 2016
Medical Needs
I met Dr. Jama Edwards at the Zionsville Health Community Clinic when my Son was sick with bronchitis over 15 years ago. When she started her on practice I continued to see her as well as take my three son's to her for health care. She is an excellent doctor as well as her office staff Cindy. I always felt comfortable with her for my medical needs. After her office converted into a IU Health office things changed. She left and began to be a travel doctor and now has her own practice again. I am seeking to become her patient again real soon.

December 1st, 2012
Dr. Edwards is an excellent doctor that I have gone to for over 15 years. She is caring and goes the extra mile to gather pertinent information for my medical situation. She has also provided information on topics that are of interest to me.

April 20th, 2010
Has potential to be excellent
Inconsistent on how much time she spends listening and asking the right questions. Acts like she is uncomfortable touching patients and doesn't always pick up on what you are trying to say. While I think she does care, she can be difficult to relate to when she doesn't spend intimate time with her patients to establish a trusting relationship. I am not sure many people would open up to her and if you can't talk to your dr, she can't help you. She acts more like an ER dr than one who wants patients for continuity of care, yet I do think that caring person is in there somewhere.

February 4th, 2010
Speedy
If you are looking for a script & don't have any questions then this would be the doctor for you

February 4th, 2010
Dr. Doesn't have time
Dr. Edwards doesn't have time to diagnose a problem. Seriously I have been seeing her for over a year and she never has time to discuss my issues. She is so rushed. I waited for an hour to see her and she took 3 min to throw some scripts at me.

January 12th, 2010
Think Twice.
This woman has been (was) my doctor for years. I'm not sure if this woman has gone through some kind of tramatic event in her life, but she is not up to par like she used to be. In the past three years this doctor has gone down hill. She is not aggressive, she does talks to you like a child in this "baby" voice, she is not aggressive in finding a diagnosis, she has laughed at my questions before as if they were bad questions and couldn't believe I would ask such a thing. I don't feel comfortable going to her anymore.

November 9th, 2009
Too Busy
Dr. Edwards has been my doctor for 8 years. When I first started going to her she was very caring and took time to explain why I was sick. Now she is just too busy. I waited in her office for 45 min for an appointment and she only saw me for 10 min. She wrote me a script and was out the door before I could go over my questions. She is still a great doctor but you had better take a list of questions that you want to ask so the nurse can help you becasue she is just too busy.

March 3rd, 2017