Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Disappointing  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2014

My experience was the same as Theresa Blair's below.

|  His Intern was worth the visit  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2014

He clearly is respected in the field, but I can't see why. His resident/intern who I met with first, ended up nailing my issue. Dr. Ahmad had dismissed what his intern suggested. He was generally dismissive of his patient too. He treated me like I was a drug addict, instead of taking my concerns seriously. I can't recommend Dr. Ahmad, but the staff was great, and his intern gave me enough information that I was able to find the right care for myself.

|  show details
Sep 17th, 2014

Dr. Ahmad and his staff were great to work with (we mostly used the Bensalem office), and literally got me back on my feet. My only regret is that I didn't go to them first after I broke my foot. We will definitely use Rothman for any future orthopedic needs.

|  Disappointed  |  show details
by Theresa Blair on Feb 27th, 2014

I was very unhappy after two visits with dr. Ahmad. I am 73 years old with end stage osteoarthritis in my ankle. I didn't like his manner on my first visit and only went to see him again for a referral to dr. Raikin in philadelphia. He said surgery could not be done and that he would do the same thing as dr. Raikin. He suggested an ankle brace which left my foot worse than before. Spend about 5minutes with me and suggested no follow-up. My previous experiences with Doctors at Rothman have been excellent.

Doctor's Response

While I understand this woman's displeasure, she is a poor surgical candidate due to her numerous severe medial co-morbidities. In fact, she came demanding to receive a total ankle replacement for her condition. Not only is that procedure a newer technology with minimal long-term follow-up, her numerous severe medial co-morbidities place her at risk for significant post-surgical problems. I spent much time discussing this with her in the office & not the "5 minutes" that she alleges. I tried my best to explain this to respectfully & gently, but it seems she is angry at me for this. And I never refused to refer her to Dr Raikin, rather he referred her to me after reviewing her incoming records with her numerous severe medial co-morbidities placing her at risk for significant post-surgical problems.

|  Awesome Surgeon  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2013

I am so impressed with Dr. Ahmad and his assistants! He is a caring and compassionate surgeon, he spends a good amount of time with his patients. I think he is one of my favorite doctors, a wonderful surgeon.

|  DR. JAMAL AHMAD IS 5 STARS FOR SURE!  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

I think that Dr. Ahmad is one of the nicest doctors I have ever been to. He performed surgery on my foot 3 weeks ago and I am VERY satisfied with him as a doctor and as a wonderful person. He allows his patients to e-mail him and he gets back to you so promptly, it's unbelievable! He is always there to answer the million questions that I have had and to reassure me about everything; he's just plain GREAT! I will recommend him to anyone I know with a foot problem.Thanks for the oppurtunity to post this!Marylou - Age 65 - Jamison, PA

|  show details
Nov 18th, 2011

I had torn my peroneal tendon and Dr. Ahmad repaired it for me through a surgical procedure. He made sure that if I had any questions they were answered or if I had any concerns that they were adressed. I felt comfortable asking him about anything related to my foot and ankle issues, as I have many of them because of having flat feet and he answered everything I wondered. Dr. Ahmad is my inspiration for wanting to specialize in foot and ankle surgery. I would highly recommend him to anyone, he is a great doctor!

|  Exceptionally Rude  |  show details
by Dave on Jul 6th, 2010

I met with Jamal Ahmad and his assistant Steve about a broken 5th metatarsal in my right foot. While Steve was an excellent assistant, very kind and polite, Dr Ahmad turned out to be a nightmare.Not only did it take forever to get a mere 5 minutes to speak with Dr Ahmad, he was INCREDIBLY rude. I am a very polite person by nature, so I was appreciative and kind to him. In turn, he responded by raising his voice, being dismissive about my questions, and basically treating me as if I was an idiot. Not only was he this derogatory, he did it in front of the entire office staff. In total, he spent no more than 2 minutes with me. In those two minutes he entirely reversed my opinion about his office and the Rothman Institute. Ahmad may be a good surgeon, I will never know, but I cannot imagine that being worth dealing with his rude and arrogant attitude.

Doctor's Response

This gentleman was never an actual patient of mine. Rather, he refused to be seen by me as a doctor visit. He actually insisted I speak to him informally in the waiting room because he didn't want to pay another co-pay after seeing the orthopedic PA. I tried to reason with him that such an encounter is not productive & would in fact violate his confidentiality, but he remained adamant that I come to him ASAP. I did my best to be brief so as to not violate his patient rights in public, but I suppose I came across in a poor way. Since then, I insist on all patient consultations being in the office rather than "curbside".