Dr. Jamal Fawaz MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

April 13th, 2017
He has changed my daughter's life!!!
Dr. Fawaz is an incredibly caring and honest psychiatrist, and wonderful with his knowledge of medications. He has changed my daughter's life after years of suffering with medications she doesn't need. He is straightening it all out and she is feeling like her old self again. It does a mother's heart good. He is wonderful and I can't thank him enough!

February 1st, 2017
this doctor does not listen. he rushes you. he pre judges you, does not even try to see what is going on before making decisions on your treatment. he is an addiction therapist and does not like medicines. he did not seem to be interested or understand or care about my mental health . his recommendations were no different for the most part and the ones he made that he felt should be changed , he made without any knowledge of what was going on with me. people should be told he is not a mental health person that he is only a drug addiction doctor.....he makes me feel hopeless because I have a good counselor at brook lane, but this was the most ridiculous person I have ever met....

June 24th, 2016
Best Psychotrist ever
He's the best. Love him.

May 19th, 2015
Very caring and compassionate. Highly recommend.

September 18th, 2012
Dr. Fawaz is very cautious in prescribing addictive medication.

April 12th, 2012
Time for a new profession...
I have been seeing this doctor for over 10 years. He is a very ego oriented. At my last 3 appointments, he has done nothing but talk about his new book and how smart his 2 sons are. When I want to discuss something, he immediately ends the session. He is doesn't seem to care about patients that are holding their own. He wants case studies and if you don't fit that mold, he does not have time for you. I am very disappointed in this doctor and I think he should rethink his occupation.

March 26th, 2012
wonder full understanding what to say i fellt comfortable with him wonderfull doctor

February 1st, 2012
The Worst!
No individuality considered in treatment - one-size fits all! 2nd visit lasted all of 2 minutes. Wonder if my insurance was billed for 2 minutes! Stay away from Brooklane!

December 27th, 2011
Excellent.
Dr. Fawaz has helped me tremendously. I'm now able to sleep a full night without a sleep aid and my depression has lifted. Wish I'd seen him years ago.

September 7th, 2011
Just Quite
When I first started seeing about 4 yrs ago I thought he was great. He got me on the right meds and all that good stuff. As time went on I noticed he would ask me the same questions, was only in his office for 2 - 3 minutes max. Was starting to feel I was wasting my time. I finally decide to just quite going and stop meds. Doing good and saving my money.

October 7th, 2008
I have been seeing Dr. Fawaz for a short while, but he has been very attentative to my issues and is an extremely caring doctor. He is the third doctor I have seen in this area and by far the best in Hagerstown, in my opinion. I had a problem with medications that I was on and he got me in immediately and changed them and got me back to my old self again. I would refer anyone to him.

June 23rd, 2008
NOT SURE
I have been seeing him for depression for 5 years (more or less).Lately he has been uninvolved and having me switch meds alot. I have had severe hair loss and weight gain. When I tell him about these effects he dismisses them and he reminds me of how I was "before". Unfortunately his memory is innacurate and does not reflect how I was!Perhaps he has me confused with someone else. AUGH ! I am losing confidence in him.