Dr. Jamal Modir MD Patient Reviews

• Colon and Rectal Surgery San Jose, CA

4.7

August 25th, 2016
Very kind doctor and staff. Would recommend to all friends and family.

June 5th, 2013
Be careful
I wasn't sure how to rate this guy. My initial contact with him was great. Very friendly, took a lot of time explaining my issue, hernia. Surgery went as planned, but that's when things went down hill. At first I was healing fine, but about 3 weeks out I was in severe pain. I called and spoke to Fran. She asked me if I needed to go to the emergency room...I said I don't know should I? She said you can but its going to be very expensive. At that point I didn't care about expense. She said I must have a low pain tolerance so she prescribed me more pain pills. After two weeks of severe pain I finally called back and said I needed to see Dr. Modir. Fran seemed irritated but made the appointment. It took him 30 seconds to say oh, you have an infection! So basically I was in severe pain for two weeks due to an infection, but Fran just gave me pain pills and said I had low pain tolerance. So, I took the antibiotics, but my pain only got a bit better. The infection went away, but now I have nerve pain. I went back to him, but he basically said there was nothing he could do. He also said you have a low pain tolerance, you just need to get over it and get on with your life. Go back to the gym ! Um, I could barely walk, let alone work out. So I said goodbye and contacted a pain management dr. I am now on some meds that help with nerve damage. So, if all goes well he's probably a good doctor, but if something goes wrong BEWARE. He will have little sympathy for your situation.

March 20th, 2013
One of the best.
Very friendly and knowledgeable. Experienced and caring. Spends time with me and is a friend. Best experience with any dr. hands down.

July 5th, 2010
Best Doc in the Bay Area for years.

October 23rd, 2009
Worth the wait. Great follow up and knowledgeable. Becomes a friend quickly.

Great doc!

October 23rd, 2009
I visited this doctor for the first time. He is a humble very intelligent and caring doctor who spends as much time with you as needed. I will be referring him to my coworkers.