Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dr. Taha is wonderful show details Dr. Taha is wonderful
by Marv Myers on Feb 1st, 2016

Dr. Taha has literally given me back my life after years of back pain. I can't find the words to express my appreciation to him. Four days after having a cage installed in my back I was able to walk around my block. It's been years since I was able to do that.

Great surgeon. show details Great surgeon.
Jan 27th, 2016

I had surgery in 2011 and Dr.Taha did in on a holiday weekend. The surgery was fantastic. When I woke up from the surgery the pain was gone. He loves his profession and it shows.

Nov 26th, 2015

I WOULD NOT TWKE MY DOG TO HIM

Success Story show details Success Story
by Shelley E. on Sep 1st, 2015

I was very confident in Dr Taha from the beginning. He was patient with me in explaining the issue with my lower spine. L4/L5 needed to be fused with pins and a rod. I had no disc left at all. Before surgery, there were times, I was not able to walk or sit from severe pain. After surgery, I walked out completely restored and pain free. He did an amazing job. I had a few epidurals after surgery to help with nerve pain, from the nerve being pinched so long, but now I'm pain free in my lower back, including nerve pain! I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone with spinal problems, in fact, I have, many times, recommended him and the success stories I've gotten back have been just as successful!

Refused to see me show details Refused to see me
by Dennis Quinter on Aug 6th, 2015

I had an appointment with Dr. Jamel Taha MD today. This is how it went: Got there at 8:45 am. Filled out papers and had four Xrays done. At 10:10 am the nurse says, I need to talk to you. Nurse: Does the doctor know you had previous surgeries? Me: I thought so. Nurse: I doubt he will see you knowing this. People can't expect him to see patients that went to other surgeons first and want him to fix their mistakes. I'll be right back. Minutes later, He said he won't see you. Go back to the doctor that did the surgery if you have problems. It would have been nice to at least explain my situation before that decision was made.

Jun 22nd, 2015

Not a man of many words however if you have questions he is more than happy to take time to answer. He is very professional. Knows what he is doing.

Apr 29th, 2015

DHe told me I had 2 collapsed disk in my neck and in my back and would need surgery to remove disks and fuse vertebrae. I had a second opinion and found out that I do not have any collapsed disk and do not need surgery. Is he just money hungry that he would lie and do unnecessary surgery or just incompetent.

patient show details patient
by Disgusted and afraid on Apr 11th, 2015

If this helps just one person I will he happy and wish so much I had read multiple reviews before I decided to allow Dr. Taha to do a spinal fusion and remove vertebrae and disc which has turned into a nightmare. I went into the surgery with hope of at least getting some improvement according to what he told me but instead I am in non-stop pain to the point of being suicidal. My family was told after the surgery that everything went fine and be released the next day but after being gotten out of bed with a horrible headache a in house Dr. Came in and saw me up and informed me I had experienced a spinal fluid leak during surgery and was supposed to be flat of my back for 72 hours and to get back in bed! I spent four more days in horrific pain and asked by Dr. Taha's assistant if I was ready to go to a facility for rehab but still could not or would not explain what went wrong just said sometimes you need extra time to heal. Gave me the same medication for pain I had been on two years prior to the surgery which in no way touched that kind of surgical pain but said I needed a pain clinic and would refer me and until then that's all he would do. I asked when I could expect to feel better and he said you never know for sure but the metal cage wouldn't be considered a failure for a year and would just have to try and deal with it. I called the pain clinic a week n half later after laying in misery hoping for a call and was informed they had never been sent a referral . I called Dr. Taha nurse and was told it was sent but would resend another week passed I called the pain clinic and was told they had informed Dr. Taha nurse immediately they wasn't taking new patients by this time I was back at the Emergency room out of medication with symptoms of the leak again and Dr. Taha refused to admit me so the in house Dr's had mercy on me and admitted then the next day Dr. Taha sent his assistant dr. To inform me they had ordered an MR I and when it came back positive for fluid leakage told me it was normal but was doing surgery the next day. If it was normal then why surgery? It is not normal and now I have had to leave out of town and consult with another surgeon and hope and pray they can help me. This is unreal and has destroyed my life. Better think twice as now after reading others in the same condition I am in something is wrong.

Pain show details Pain
Dec 19th, 2013

I had my surgery in Oct. of 2007. Since that time I have become progressively worse in the pain that I'm experiencing. Before surgery had constant bicep twitching but absolutely no pain. Now I am in constant pain and my biceps are also twitching again. There are times that it's so intense that all I can do is cry. He cut out all the bone in the back of my neck and replaced it with rods, screws and donated bone. Biggest mistake I've made in my life!! Also can't hold my head upright and stumble and fall like I'm 100 years old. Can't walk in a straight line. Also have my hands go numb just getting my haircut. My suggestion would be to check out all your options before you consider surgery. Also was in the hospital for 3 days only, but had bed sores already. Hasn't been a good experience for me at all!! Make sure you ask plenty of questions even if you think they are not necessary. If you don't ask you won't know. Also now having problems with my left leg giving out, but that is from my low back being messed up also.

Disrespectful and uncaring show details Disrespectful and uncaring
Jul 10th, 2013

Unfortunately, I had surgery by Dr Taha and will regret that decision the rest of my life. His fusion surgery was a failure and I have since had it redone by another surgeon. I can understand a surgery not being successful, but I could not get Dr Taha to provide a truthful explanation. In my post surgery office visits he was disrespectful and uncaring. Although others seem happy with his results, I would definitely not recommend him.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Recommendations for Dr. Jama Taha show details Recommendations for Dr. Jama Taha
Apr 24th, 2012

I am sixty two years old and suffered from back pain for 24 years. Having Dr. Taha do surgery on me was nothing less than a miracle. Life before the surgery was tough, sometimes to the point of hopelessness. Along with degenerated discs, I was also suffering from scoliosis. It took a few visits and two years time frame before Dr. Taha agreed to operate on me. He performed minimum invasive surgery in which he fused three vertebrates, replaced the degenerated discs by metallic cages, and inserted tow titanium rods to treat scoliosis. We left one bad disc as it is, as it was only partially damaged. It has been two years since the surgery and I feel great. With infinitely less pain, my outlook on life is also much better. I can live with some pain through regularly exercising and walking. I can even play golf once or twice a week. All I have to say is, thank you and thank God for a great surgeon like Dr. Taha

Do not waste your time!!! show details Do not waste your time!!!
Mar 2nd, 2012

I made an appointment to see Dr. Taha after being told I had several herniated discs coupled with multilateral degenerative disc disease. I felt confident going in as DDD is listed as one of his specialties. He came into the room and told me that my condition was too advanced for surgery and asked me if I wanted the name of a chiropractor. He told me that I needed rods and pins, of which only offered a 50% success rate and a one year recovery period, and that the surgery was not covered by insurance so it was not an option. He said he was sorry and left the room.

Awesome Doctor show details Awesome Doctor
Dec 7th, 2011

I was very impressed with the office staff, I have never seen a more efficiently run office. Dr. Taha really explained what was wrong with my back and offered doing surgery with minimal cutting. I had the surgery done and I was back to work in a few days. I couldn't have asked for a better recovery. I am very thankful I was directed by my doctor to see Dr. Taha.

Maybe not in it for the patient? show details Maybe not in it for the patient?
Apr 6th, 2011

Not going to give details as he is currently my spouse's doctor (not my choice). Failed to diagnose a potentially life threatening situation even when possibility pointed out by another physician. I would not go to him, office visits may be one or two minutes, max.

Two spinal fusion operations show details Two spinal fusion operations
by Gregory L. Neace on Aug 30th, 2010

I had a spinal fusion operation by Dr. Taha. The fusion came apart and damaged my back. I told him for month and months there was something wrong. Finally he took oblique x-rays and found out the rods and screws in my spine were loose. He performed a second operation almost a year later. I am in agonizing pain and he blows me off and says "sorry about your luck".