Dr. Jamal Taha Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jamal Taha?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 20th, 2017

No bedside manner

He would never talk directly to me, but would talk to my husband, even if it was me that asked a question. After back fusion I never saw him in hospital until last day when he peaked around the curtain and said "you can go home now". Nothing else. He was rated as best back surgeon in Miami Valley but I will never again take only that as a recommendation.

September 24th, 2016

mean

August 9th, 2016

I had arthroscopic back surgery in 2011 on my L5 replacing a disc with rods, nuts and bolts, adding a cage along with cleaning up spinal Stenosis. Dr Taha was a god sent after many visits to a chiropractor. I would recommend him to anyone.

June 22nd, 2016

He did 2 back surgeries on me and I think he was great and very knowledgeable.

February 1st, 2016

Dr. Taha is wonderful

Dr. Taha has literally given me back my life after years of back pain. I can't find the words to express my appreciation to him. Four days after having a cage installed in my back I was able to walk around my block. It's been years since I was able to do that.

January 27th, 2016

Great surgeon.

I had surgery in 2011 and Dr.Taha did in on a holiday weekend. The surgery was fantastic. When I woke up from the surgery the pain was gone. He loves his profession and it shows.

September 1st, 2015

Success Story

I was very confident in Dr Taha from the beginning. He was patient with me in explaining the issue with my lower spine. L4/L5 needed to be fused with pins and a rod. I had no disc left at all. Before surgery, there were times, I was not able to walk or sit from severe pain. After surgery, I walked out completely restored and pain free. He did an amazing job. I had a few epidurals after surgery to help with nerve pain, from the nerve being pinched so long, but now I'm pain free in my lower back, including nerve pain! I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone with spinal problems, in fact, I have, many times, recommended him and the success stories I've gotten back have been just as successful!

August 6th, 2015

Refused to see me

I had an appointment with Dr. Jamel Taha MD today. This is how it went: Got there at 8:45 am. Filled out papers and had four Xrays done. At 10:10 am the nurse says, I need to talk to you. Nurse: Does the doctor know you had previous surgeries? Me: I thought so. Nurse: I doubt he will see you knowing this. People can't expect him to see patients that went to other surgeons first and want him to fix their mistakes. I'll be right back. Minutes later, He said he won't see you. Go back to the doctor that did the surgery if you have problems. It would have been nice to at least explain my situation before that decision was made.

June 23rd, 2015

Not a man of many words however if you have questions he is more than happy to take time to answer. He is very professional. Knows what he is doing.

April 29th, 2015

DHe told me I had 2 collapsed disk in my neck and in my back and would need surgery to remove disks and fuse vertebrae. I had a second opinion and found out that I do not have any collapsed disk and do not need surgery. Is he just money hungry that he would lie and do unnecessary surgery or just incompetent.

April 11th, 2015

patient

If this helps just one person I will he happy and wish so much I had read multiple reviews before I decided to allow Dr. Taha to do a spinal fusion and remove vertebrae and disc which has turned into a nightmare. I went into the surgery with hope of at least getting some improvement according to what he told me but instead I am in non-stop pain to the point of being suicidal. My family was told after the surgery that everything went fine and be released the next day but after being gotten out of bed with a horrible headache a in house Dr. Came in and saw me up and informed me I had experienced a spinal fluid leak during surgery and was supposed to be flat of my back for 72 hours and to get back in bed! I spent four more days in horrific pain and asked by Dr. Taha's assistant if I was ready to go to a facility for rehab but still could not or would not explain what went wrong just said sometimes you need extra time to heal. Gave me the same medication for pain I had been on two years prior to the surgery which in no way touched that kind of surgical pain but said I needed a pain clinic and would refer me and until then that's all he would do. I asked when I could expect to feel better and he said you never know for sure but the metal cage wouldn't be considered a failure for a year and would just have to try and deal with it. I called the pain clinic a week n half later after laying in misery hoping for a call and was informed they had never been sent a referral . I called Dr. Taha nurse and was told it was sent but would resend another week passed I called the pain clinic and was told they had informed Dr. Taha nurse immediately they wasn't taking new patients by this time I was back at the Emergency room out of medication with symptoms of the leak again and Dr. Taha refused to admit me so the in house Dr's had mercy on me and admitted then the next day Dr. Taha sent his assistant dr. To inform me they had ordered an MR I and when it came back positive for fluid leakage told me it was normal but was doing surgery the next day. If it was normal then why surgery? It is not normal and now I have had to leave out of town and consult with another surgeon and hope and pray they can help me. This is unreal and has destroyed my life. Better think twice as now after reading others in the same condition I am in something is wrong.

December 20th, 2013

Pain

I had my surgery in Oct. of 2007. Since that time I have become progressively worse in the pain that I'm experiencing. Before surgery had constant bicep twitching but absolutely no pain. Now I am in constant pain and my biceps are also twitching again. There are times that it's so intense that all I can do is cry. He cut out all the bone in the back of my neck and replaced it with rods, screws and donated bone. Biggest mistake I've made in my life!! Also can't hold my head upright and stumble and fall like I'm 100 years old. Can't walk in a straight line. Also have my hands go numb just getting my haircut. My suggestion would be to check out all your options before you consider surgery. Also was in the hospital for 3 days only, but had bed sores already. Hasn't been a good experience for me at all!! Make sure you ask plenty of questions even if you think they are not necessary. If you don't ask you won't know. Also now having problems with my left leg giving out, but that is from my low back being messed up also.