A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Nicholson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Nicholson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Nicholson, MD, MSCE is board certified in Family Medicine.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Nicholson graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Nicholson has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nicholson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 20 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- Cigna - 26 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James A. Nicholson practice?
Dr. James Nicholson practices Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, General Practice, and Obstetrics & Gynecology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Hershey, PA.
See Philadelphia Family Physicians, Philadelphia Urgent Care Centers, Philadelphia General Practitioners, and Philadelphia Obstetricians & Gynecologists.