Family Physicians, General Practitioner
Pacific Beach
4440 Lamont St
San Diego, CA 92109
858-272-0022
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  James Novak -- Godsend  |  show details
by Penny G. on Aug 5th, 2014

This doctor has saved my life more times than I can count. When other doctors treat patients as files and numbers, he looks at them as individuals and treats them accordingly.

|  I love Dr. James Novak!!!  |  show details
by Juan M. Gonzalez on Jul 20th, 2013

Dr. Novak is awesome!!! after 10 months of living in horrific pain with Lyme Disease I found Dr. Novak and he is giving me my life back. I highly recommend him!

|  love dr novak and his staff  |  show details
by michelle auer on Jul 17th, 2013

I will say this, Dr. Novak has always listened to me been kind and understanding. He is very genuine. His staff awesome as well. they are always smiling and helpful and kind as well. Great bedside manor. I dont know what i would do with out Dr. Novak and his staff. I love the environment, it is very relaxed and well kept. I just wish i lived closed so i could make him my primary physician. Its hard to drive from Apple Valley, but definately worth it. THANKS DR. NOVAK & STAFF FOR BEING SO GREAT!!!

|  A combat veterans review of a great medical Doctor James Novak  |  show details
by Larry Lamb on Jan 29th, 2011

I had to leave the VA Healthcare system because my health was so bad and the VA wasn't giving me the care I earned on the Battle Field, and it was questionable if I could survive my war disability, with Dr. Novak I now can and do enjoy life again. This Doctor is the best I have ever had to work with in my life. I was injured in Vietnam in four tours of duty, the VA treated me like I was a number and not a human being, I did put it all on the line in Vietnam, and yes I was disabled.This proud veteran is rated @ 110% full disabled war veteran, and this is a dream doctor that gave me the tools to get back on my feet and live a normal life. Yes, I have medical problems from War, but besides a back injury and other disabilities, until you are in my shoes, only then, can you appreciate this Doctor who in my opinion a miracle worker. I suggest anyone who is medically challenged to consider him, this is the complete opposite story of good over evil. The VA is a place that is not worthy off any recognized medical care that was found in the private sector v. institutional medicine. If your a disabled veteran the VA can and will pay for medical treatment for Combat Warriors. Like my promise to this Nation, I did protect this country against all enemies both foreign and domestic. I got disabled, I know receive health care that now allows me to walk with my wife on a beach, fish during my private time, and with some kind of now fitting in with all citizens and can reflect what a great nation this is. Thank You Dr. James Novak M.D.

|  Exceptional Care  |  show details
by Stephanie Carlson on Aug 14th, 2009

Dr. Novak is just the best family doctor you could imagine. He always gives you honest answers, takes time to listen and shows genuine interest. He also gives you many preventative measures in the way of natural and holistic approaches as well as traditional. I've been his patient for many years and believe me you won't find a better doctor.

|  I waited for 1 hour 20 minutes and wasn`t even seen!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 22nd, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I`ve been a patient at Novak Medical for years and I just can`t do it anymore. The wait time is getting longer and longer. For the past yea...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Presidio Medical Group  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 20th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I`ve been coming to Dr Novak for the last 3 years, he is courteous and His staff is Great! Although he`s in Pacific Beach his office is fai...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Felt like a free clinic  |  show details
by RustyShackleford on May 19th, 2008 on kudzu.com

It has been a while since I was a patient of Dr. Novak's, but every time I went there the waiting room was packed. After an hour of waiting in a room full of coughing, sneezing, sick people, I skipped my appointment and found a new doctor.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Good family practice  |  show details
by jemamuse on Oct 31st, 2006 on kudzu.com

I have been going to this office for about 8 years and have seen several doctors, and most often, the nurse-practitioner who is EXCELLENT. I've been treated for the usual colds, flus, bronchitis, as well as a sports injury. I've brought up concerns that were maybe not part of the "agenda" but were nonetheless given consideration and followed through. If you are not looking for nuclear medicine but a good, sound practice for what ails most of us as some point, I recommend Presidio Medical (the name of the group Dr. Novak practices with).

Read Full Review at kudzu.com