A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Shaffer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Shaffer, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Psychiatrist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shaffer
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shaffer Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Injuries
- Tennis Elbow
Education & Awards
Dr. Shaffer graduated from Pennsylvania State University, Hershey.
Dr. Shaffer has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Joseph Medical Center
- Surgical Institute Of Reading
- Reading Hospital & Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James A Shaffer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 9 years of experience and practices in Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Trauma.
- Where does Dr. James A. Shaffer practice?
- Dr. James Shaffer has 1 office location.
Dr. James Shaffer practices Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Trauma near Casper, WY.
See Casper Surgeons and Casper Orthopedic Surgeons.