A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Shaffer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Shaffer, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Psychiatrist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shaffer
Hip Replacement Patient Education Read our hip replacement patient education guide and learn all about surgery and replacement options.Before Visiting Dr. Shaffer Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Injuries
- Tennis Elbow
Education & Awards
Dr. Shaffer graduated from Pennsylvania State University, Hershey.
Dr. Shaffer has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Joseph Medical Center
- Surgical Institute Of Reading
- Reading Hospital & Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James A Shaffer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 8 years of experience and practices in Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Trauma.
- Where does Dr. James A. Shaffer practice?
- Dr. James Shaffer has 3 office locations.
Dr. James Shaffer practices Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Trauma near Chambersburg, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Reading, PA.
See Chambersburg Surgeons.