A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Abbruzzese:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Abbruzzese is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Abbruzzese
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Abbruzzese Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Abbruzzese, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 27 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast Cancer
- Cancer (Experimental)
- Clinical Research
- Colorectal Cancer
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gene Therapy
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Cancer
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Lymphatic Metastasis
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Neoplastic Cell Transformation
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Abbruzzese graduated from University of Chicago. He has 11 awards.
Dr. Abbruzzese has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
- Lyndon B Johnson General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Lewis Abbruzzese MD is a male Oncologist , has 34 years of experience and practices in Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. James L. Abbruzzese practice?
- Dr. James Abbruzzese has 1 office location.
Dr. James Abbruzzese practices Medical Oncology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Oncologists.