A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Abbruzzese:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Abbruzzese is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Abbruzzese
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Abbruzzese Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Abbruzzese, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 27 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast Cancer
- Cancer (Experimental)
- Clinical Research
- Colorectal Cancer
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gene Therapy
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Cancer
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Lymphatic Metastasis
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Neoplastic Cell Transformation
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Abbruzzese graduated from University of Chicago. He has 11 awards.
Dr. Abbruzzese has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
- Lyndon B Johnson General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Lewis Abbruzzese MD is a male Oncologist , has 34 years of experience and practices in Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. James L. Abbruzzese practice?
- Dr. James Abbruzzese has 1 office location.
Dr. James Abbruzzese practices Medical Oncology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Oncologists.