A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Abbruzzese is Excellent. Dr. Abbruzzese has been reviewed by 4 patients who have provided 2 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Abbruzzese, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
He has special expertise in 31 Areas, including Adjuvant Chemotherapy, Breast Cancer, and Cancer.28 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Abbruzzese graduated from University of Chicago. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Abbruzzese has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
- Lyndon B Johnson General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Abbruzzese accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 21 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. James Abbruzzese:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James L. Abbruzzese practice?
Dr. James Abbruzzese practices Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Internists and Houston Oncologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Diego Abbruzzese, Dr. Jacob Abbruzzese, Dr. Jacques Abbruzzese, Dr. Jaime Abbruzzese