A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Acton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Acton, MD is board certified in Pediatric Pulmonology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Respiratory Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Acton graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Acton has 5 hospital affiliations:
- University of Missouri Hospital & Clinic
- Columbia Regional Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Acton accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Anthem - 9 plans
- Humana - 23 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James Acton practice?
Dr. James Acton practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Pulmonology, and Allergy near Columbia, MO.
Additional practice locations include: Springfield, MO and Cincinnati, OH.
See Columbia Pediatricians, Columbia Pediatric Specialists, and Columbia Allergists.