A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Acton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Acton is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Acton
Read all about venous thromboembolism symptoms and treatments by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Acton Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Acton, MD is board certified in Pediatric Pulmonology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Respiratory Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Acton graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Acton has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of Missouri Hospital & Clinic
- Columbia Regional Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James D Acton MD is a male Pediatrician, has 18 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology.
- Where does Dr. James D. Acton practice?
- Dr. James Acton has 1 office location.
Dr. James Acton practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology near Columbia, MO.
See Columbia Pediatricians and Columbia Pediatric Specialists.