Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James Acton
Dr. James Acton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, MO, with another office in Columbia, MO. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Pulmonology and Pediatrics. Dr. Acton is affiliated with University of Missouri Health Sciences Center, Columbia Regional Hospital and Curators of the University of Missouri. He speaks English.
Dr. James Acton has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Pulmonology
A pediatric pulmonologist is the go-to resource for children who need treatment for any kind of breathing issue or lung disease. If your child coughs up blood, has a cough that isn’t going away, or displays other symptoms such as trouble breathing,...
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
Dr. James Acton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MO.
Dr. David Goldstein
Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology
Columbia, MO 0.01 mi44
Dr. Daniela Bichianu
Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Pediatrics
Columbia, MO 0.01 mi24
Dr. John Pardalos
Pediatrics, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Columbia, MO 0.01 mi27