Dr. James Akin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

October 10th, 2016
Dr. Aiken and his st..
Dr. Aiken and his staff are phenomenal. Without him, we wouldn't be expecting our little nugget and would still have questions as to why fertility was a struggle for us.

July 20th, 2016
Not being able to co..
Not being able to conceive is the most frustrating experience we have ever encountered. Despite kind words from friends and family, there is no true understanding unless you actually go through those challenges. We were told we would not be able to have children without the assistance of fertility treatment, which brought us to Dr. Akin and his team. They were kind and patient with us, and now, a few months later, we are thrilled to be able to share the news that we are expecting! Our family would not have been possible without Dr. Akin and his staff. He and his nurses are knowledgeable, and his staff is one of the friendliest I have encountered in a physician's office.

July 13th, 2016
Terrible terrible doctor's office
My wife and I had the worst experience with this doctor. He's insensitive, unorganized, and doesn't care about his patients. He prescribed my wife an antidepressant instead of clomid and told her to take double the dose. Thankfully we caught it and got it fixed. Every appointment he told us to come in for he never put on the schedule so we had to wait forever to get to see him and when we did get to see him he was insensitive. Didn't explain anything, and treated the whole thing like a chore he had to do. We are switching to Dr. Aiken who we have heard great reviews from. Regardless he can't be worse than this guy. I would've done zero stars if I could've.

April 6th, 2016
I had a great experi..
I had a great experience with Dr. Akin and staff. They were very attentive to my needs and took the time needed to ensure my questions were answered.

February 29th, 2016
Dr. Akin and staff were incredibly kind to us. Really did love the office, however with multiple rounds of IVF none of our embryos ever took and unfortunately Dr. Akin was unable to give us a reason why. Went to another fertility clinic and within minutes our new doctor diagnosed me with polycystic ovary syndrome. Extremely common and obvious. Was very disappointed, a lot of money and heartbreak we went through when I could of been treated from the get go. Unfortunately we would not recommend this office. Luckily at the new fertility clinic we are expecting our first child!

January 18th, 2016
Suffering through infertility is an incredibly sad and stressful time in so many ways. Don't waste your time and hard earned money on a Dr. who really does not "care".

December 17th, 2015
I recently had surgery for a large uterine fibroid. Dr Akin and his staff were wonderful! He's a good dr who is honest and gets to the point. When I had appointments in the office there was hardly any wait. And he always asked if I had any questions before he would leave.

October 8th, 2015
Dr. Akin has been really kind and patient with us; and always explains everything every step of the way. We just did our first IUI (I feel like was more of a trial run, to see how my body responds), and while I don't anticipate it being successful, I cannot stress enough how great Dr. Akin has been through the process, as well as his staff. He's always timely, his staff is so friendly, and he answers any question I have.

January 30th, 2015
Exceptional Doctor and Staff!
Dr. Akin and his staff are exceptional. They have become an extension of our immediate family and I cannot stress enough how much their care has meant to my husband and I.

July 14th, 2014
Great
I received the best treatment/services from Dr. Akin and his staff, over the past two years. I had seen 2 other fertility doctors prior to visiting Dr. Akin, and did not get the warm welcome and personal interaction that I received from Dr. Akin and his staff. I would definitely recommend Dr. Akin to anyone seeking fertility treatments. I wish that I could maintain him as my general OB/GYN doctor.

July 12th, 2014
Wonderful
From the first visit to the office to today the last I have been extremely satisfied with my treatment and care. Everyone in the office is super nice and friendly. Jessica is always a pleasure to deal with, and Gail and Lisa always answered my questions no matter how many times I bugged them. I also found Sarah fun to talk to. And Dr. Akin was always very friendly and knowledgeable. I truly cannot thank you all enough!!!! You all do a wonderful job.

April 30th, 2014
Great
Dr akin and the staff were great. They were there anytime to answer any questions I had and made me feel comfortable with everything I went through. I would highly recommend Dr Akin.