Dr. James Allen MD Patient Reviews

2.9
  • 6 reviews

March 2nd, 2013
Any way to give NO STAR?
My husband has been seeing Dr. Allen because I see another physician in the same "pod" for the last decade and a half! So, I thought he'd be just as happy as I am with mine. From the first moment, he was disinterested but as long as he's doing his job....I don't care. Then...all the results came back normal and my husband found out he's still gaining weight even though he's eating less than half of what he used to last year. Dr. Allen's response is "maybe there's nothing wrong with you. People gain weight for no reason all the time". He told my husband he should go elsewhere, asked him why he ate a slice of pizza the night before if he's so concerned about his weight. HORRIBLE bedside manner of a patient who's frustrated there is no answer for him. I know how it feels, I have been there. This Dr is a disgrace to his colleagues who do hold a much higher standard of care. I have seen 3 other doctors within the practice because my own Dr was out. NEVER have I picked up my belongings and grabbed my husband and told him "we're leaving NOW". Maybe he is tired of dealing patients. Maybe he should re-learn some etiquette. I don't particularly care. I do care an uncaring and incompetent Dr. causes problems and spends my money unwisely.

November 23rd, 2012
Was given a misdiagnosis and caused me a lot of unneccesary worrying.

September 20th, 2011
missed dx although MD's do make mistakes.

December 13th, 2010
Dr. Allen Review
Concerned, intelligent, helpful...all describe Dr. Allen.

November 8th, 2010
Great professional doctor
I've been seeing Dr. Allen for 2 years now, and he is by far the best doctor I've had, being a patient with chronic back problems, I've had several doctors and having no insurance, he works with me on keeping everything as cheap as possible for me, and most important, he doesn't beat around the bush,and he lets me make my own calls on areas I can. He's a wonderful doctor whom I'd recommend to anyone looking for an outstanding doctor, but I hope you don't want things sugar-coated because he won't subscibe to that area.

September 4th, 2010
Dr. James E. Allen
An excellent Internal Medicine physician.