A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Alpert:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Alpert is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Alpert
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Alpert Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Alpert, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Alpert graduated from University of Rochester .
Dr. Alpert has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Albany Medical Center Hospital
- Albany Memorial Hospital
- Albany Medical Center South - Clinical Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Donald Alpert MD is a male Geriatic Psychiatrist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James D. Alpert practice?
- Dr. James Alpert has 1 office location.
Dr. James Alpert practices Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry near Slingerlands, NY.
See Slingerlands Psychiatrists and Slingerlands Geriatric Doctors.