Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Priscillia Bottoms on Mar 3rd, 2013

Dr. Alvis, saved me. He has done several procedures plus 4 back surgeries. I absolutely would not use anyone else. I highly recommend him to anyone that needs his expertise.

Feb 20th, 2013

Dr Alvis was attentive until after the surgery, I found out later my problem had nothing to do with the fusion he performed, at that at the time was unnecessary. Over medication was his follow-up help, he didn't bother to see you, his response was "let me refill your medication". I would not recommend this doctor.

Feb 8th, 2012

I have been using Dr Alvis for 7 years, and he is very accurate on his diagnosis. I have had 3 spinal surgeries, and after each one, have had dramatic improvement. I would highly recommend him to anyone with back or neck problems. He is a straight shooter, and does not use "medical speak".

Sep 13th, 2011

dr. alvis was very immediate to help me. he got me right into the hospital and was very helpful after my suregery

run from this guy show details run from this guy
Jun 30th, 2011

doubt this guy could be an assistant manager at McDonald's. have seen 4 other neurosurgeons and the waiting time is 6 to 8 weeks when I was able to get in in 8 working days I was concerned but it was a simple diagnosis was there for a 3rd opinion and he screwed it up.

messed me up show details messed me up
Mar 22nd, 2011

Dr. Alvis was referred by my primary care physician, and they are good friends. He has pamphlets for Dr. Alvis all over his office. I had degenerative disc disease, so I had an operation. Within two months, he had to go back in and fix a spinal fluid leak that was caused by the initial operation. About a year later, he found more spinal fluid when he looked at the last MRI. So that was the third surgery I had. I am now worse off than I was before he ever cut on me. I will have to be on pain management for the rest of my life. I know he did not intend for this to happen, but he always acted like he didn't care. He also seemed to rush through all my appointments. He was never in the office with me more than five minutes. It would have been nice for him to act like he cared even a little bit, or showed any amount of concern for me since I had two spinal fluid leaks that he had to repair.