Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Priscillia Bottoms on Mar 3rd, 2013

Dr. Alvis, saved me. He has done several procedures plus 4 back surgeries. I absolutely would not use anyone else. I highly recommend him to anyone that needs his expertise.

Feb 20th, 2013

Dr Alvis was attentive until after the surgery, I found out later my problem had nothing to do with the fusion he performed, at that at the time was unnecessary. Over medication was his follow-up help, he didn't bother to see you, his response was "let me refill your medication". I would not recommend this doctor.

Feb 8th, 2012

I have been using Dr Alvis for 7 years, and he is very accurate on his diagnosis. I have had 3 spinal surgeries, and after each one, have had dramatic improvement. I would highly recommend him to anyone with back or neck problems. He is a straight shooter, and does not use "medical speak".

Sep 13th, 2011

dr. alvis was very immediate to help me. he got me right into the hospital and was very helpful after my suregery

run from this guy show details run from this guy
Jun 30th, 2011

doubt this guy could be an assistant manager at McDonald's. have seen 4 other neurosurgeons and the waiting time is 6 to 8 weeks when I was able to get in in 8 working days I was concerned but it was a simple diagnosis was there for a 3rd opinion and he screwed it up.

messed me up show details messed me up
Mar 22nd, 2011

Dr. Alvis was referred by my primary care physician, and they are good friends. He has pamphlets for Dr. Alvis all over his office. I had degenerative disc disease, so I had an operation. Within two months, he had to go back in and fix a spinal fluid leak that was caused by the initial operation. About a year later, he found more spinal fluid when he looked at the last MRI. So that was the third surgery I had. I am now worse off than I was before he ever cut on me. I will have to be on pain management for the rest of my life. I know he did not intend for this to happen, but he always acted like he didn't care. He also seemed to rush through all my appointments. He was never in the office with me more than five minutes. It would have been nice for him to act like he cared even a little bit, or showed any amount of concern for me since I had two spinal fluid leaks that he had to repair.

Excellent Neurosurgeon...thank God I had him show details Excellent Neurosurgeon...thank God I had him
by Angela on Oct 10th, 2009

I was assaulted by someone causing a severe Burst Fracture to my spine. My back needed to be fused from the T12 to the L2 which I know nothing about. Dr. Alvis thank God was the on call doctor at the time. He was direct, informative and carrying all at the same time. He doesn't give you a lot of bull talk and doesn't look at you like a number or someone who can pad his bank account. He is not a suit and tie kind of guy, he is your regular friendly doctor who actually cares about his patients. I would trust this doctor with my most precious treasure in my life and that would be my children. If you are looking for a doctor who knows his job, can fix the problem, doesn't play games and gives it to you straight....Dr. Alvis is who you need to see. I may never be 100% again, but with his help and how he explained how I needed this surgery, my life will be filled with very little pain after I am fully healed. My name is Angela and I speak the truth.

by Virgil and Marolyn Allen on Jun 21st, 2009

My husband and I both have used Dr. Alvis. We would recemmond him to anyone.He is a very good neurosurgeon. He sees that the nurses in the hospital he is at does their job, in taking care of you. Both of us think that he is very accurate, and to the point. He tells you like it is. We trust him alot. He has done 3 spinal surgeries on me, and one on my husband. Virgil and Marolyn Allen