A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Atkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Atkins is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Atkins, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hormone-Dependent Cancer
- Infectious Disease
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Cancer (Small Cell Carcinoma)
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Atkins graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Atkins has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Wilson Memorial Hospital
- Sampson County Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Norman Atkins MD is a male Internist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. James N. Atkins practice?
- Dr. James Atkins has 4 office locations.
Dr. James Atkins practices Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology near Goldsboro, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Wilson, NC.
See Goldsboro Internists and Goldsboro Oncologists.