A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Atkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Atkins is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Atkins
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Atkins Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Atkins, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hormone-Dependent Cancer
- Infectious Disease
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Cancer (Small Cell Carcinoma)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Atkins graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Atkins has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Wilson Memorial Hospital
- Sampson County Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Norman Atkins MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. James N. Atkins practice?
- Dr. James Atkins has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Atkins practices Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology near Goldsboro, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Clinton, NC.
See Goldsboro Internists and Goldsboro Oncologists.