Dr. G Avery II MD Patient Reviews

• Vascular Surgery San Francisco, CA

• Good
  • Bad

July 19th, 2016
Dr. Avery did a great job on my surgery. He takes the time to talk with you during appointments and he even visited me after surgery in the hospital.

January 15th, 2014
Dr James G Avery
I have been dealing with T.O.S. For almost four years now and was at my wits end until I had an appointment with Dr. Avery . This man is fantastic knowledgeable and has a total understanding of this condition and takes the time to explain it in detail with the patient. My first appointment with him was over an hour and a half and he thoroughly answered all of my concerns. If you have any concerns about his ability put them to rest he has done a rib resection on me and I had immediate positive results yes I do still have serious issues to overcome and am dealing with a large amount of muscle pain but what was needed to be accomplished via surgery was done and everyone responds differently. I have no problems putting my life in this mans hands and would recommend him to anyone!

July 29th, 2013
Restored faith I can heal
I was so impressed with my initial visit with Dr. Avery. He spent around an hour with me and although I was well aware of the anatomy regarding TOS, he took the time to cover every detail. I am awaiting approval for surgery from insurance at this time.

November 15th, 2012
Surgery success on long term
After a decade of pain and worsening TOS symptoms, I found Dr. James Avery II. His specialized exams, referrals and conservative approach made all the difference in my work comp case, and although so advanced that surgery became necessary at MY insistence, not his, I felt fully supported and informed all along. I had a post-surgery brachial plexus complication required a year of rehab, and was extremely painful procedure, but over-all thoroughly satisfied with results at 5 yaer mark. I wish all doctors took such personal interest in patients' well being! I've been to a lot of doctors for this condition and he is a standout for sure.

June 25th, 2012
Dr Avery Spent over an hour with me on my first appointment. He went over all my test results. He explained what my diagnosis was an how to treat it without surgery but PT. F/U has been great, spending over 30min with me each time. We are still trying to prevent surgery but even though I have had blood clot. TOS is a big surgery I am very happy he is so conservative.

February 27th, 2012
Dr. Avery and his staff were absolutely wonderful, kind, and caring. I literally saw Dr. Avery on a Wed. and he had my surgery scheduled 2 days later..Wow! now that way amazing!

October 18th, 2016