A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Alexander:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Alexander is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Alexander, FACS, MD is board certified in Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Alexander graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Alexander has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Underwood Memorial Hospital
- Kennedy University Hospital – Washington Township
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Alexander accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- University Health Plan - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James B. Alexander practice?
Dr. James Alexander practices Surgery and Vascular Surgery near Marlton, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Camden, NJ and Voorhees, NJ.
See Marlton Surgeons.