Ophthalmologists
830 Old Lancaster Rd
Ste 100
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
610-527-0990
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Bill Dunwoody- Senior Claims Navigator  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2012

I have always found Dr. James Carty to be,profestional and caring. He takes time to answer all my questions and seems to be pre-set in my medical history when he meets me in his examining room. ( doesn't ask why I came) This indicates to me, that he takes each patient seriously and personal.

Apr 18th, 2012

This man has no respect for a patients time.His egotism interferes with his profesonalism.Not to be trusted. Runs a 'mill' overbooking, etc. To be avoided.Arrogant.

|  Big disappointment  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2010

Dr. Carty was recommended to me by a friend, but my experience was negative. I had to wait over 40 minutes for him and when he finally came he spent maybe 6 minutes with me, had no idea why I had gone to see him (didn't read the chart and the recommendation his colleague had given me on my first visit to the practice) and was obviously in a hurry. In answer to my questions, he gave me the photocopy of a book cover dedicated to my problem, repeating many times that i would have found all my answers there (so why should one go to a flesh and bone doctor?) He finally prescribed me a medication that was not appropriate to my condition (as was also stated in the book), was expensive, had several side-effects (he was vague when I asked about them) and would have given me a life-long dependancy. He was friendly, but I would not recommend him at all.

by 4eyes on Feb 10th, 2009 on yahoo.com

I just wanted to say how impressed I am by Carty Eye Assoc. Dr. Sepalhi has provided excellent care to my family for years. She is extremely thorough and patient with my children and knows just how to make them feel comfortable. The staff has been so kind and always makes us feel welcome. I would highly recommend this practice

by A Grateful Patient on Feb 8th, 2009 on yahoo.com

This is not your usual medical practice. I have been seen by all of the Drs. at CEA. They are all top shelf.I have been there week-ends for emergencies and for routine eye exams. And, as unbelieveable as it may sound this professional practice is open 7 days a week. Dr. Carty has told me, "It is important that we be here for our patients." You can take my word for it, they are. This practice is a cut above your average medical practice. I give them the highest recommendation as well as my gratitude. Thank you Dr. Carty and staff for all you have done for my family and me.

by stillman on Nov 13th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I was referred to Dr. Carty after a semi-serious eye injury, a hockey stick to the right eye. I was in bad shape and needed to be seen every day for a week and then continuous check ups fading to one every six months. I have gotten to know several doctors and the staff. They are a gem, an absolute pleasure, and unfortunately an anomaly in the contemporary world of impersonal medical care.