James B Cooper, MD
Neurologists

498A Red Banks Rd
Greenville, NC 27858
252-215-3067
Locations and availability (1)

|  Terrible Staff!!!  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2014

The staff is the worst I have ever tried to work with in all my years! After numerous attempts to schedule appointments, work with my insurance company, referring physician and having documents sent to Dr. Cooper's office whose staff ALWAYS seemed to never receive the information yet my physician's office had fax proof of documents sent; the blame game was always pointed anywhere but where it laid Dr. Cooper's office! Eventually I was scheduled an appointment to be called 2 hours prior and told since I left negative review prior about my feelings and regards about the staff they were cancelling my appointment and would not reschedule another one. Funny how negative feed back disappears too. I cannot review the physician but I can state in my experience his staff was rude and uncourteous! Sad because this is the first impression you receive prior to seeing a Physician if you can actually get in the door!!!

|  Retired VP Wells Fargo 35 yrs  |  show details
by Charles Jeffery Guard Sr on May 31st, 2014

I suffered a serious cerebral hemorrhage in 2008. I received very good care from my assigned Neurologist as well as the Vidant Heath Systems stroke center. In April of 2009 I had my first of six complex partial seizures, In the hospital the Neurologist on call was Dr. James M. Cooper. He spoke to my wife and I for 45 minutes regarding not only my seizure and how it was impacted by my stroke but I later realized how comforting he was regarding the tremendous amount of anxiety I was feeling. Two years later my Insurance would allow me to transfer Neurologist and I immediately moved to Dr. Cooper. I can be long winded so just rest assured this is a Doctor that is extremely well trained (If given the chance you will find that his vitae is extremely impressive) is very well known in the community and allows you to live a full and confidant life. In fact he has also treated my daughter with her three bulging disk. The bottom line is that Dr. Cooper is by far the finest Doctor I have been treated by as well as one of the finest individuals I have meet in my 21 years in the Grenville NC area. A Level 4 rating in all areas is gained with ease.

|  Dr. Cooper is great.  |  show details
by Randy D on Mar 6th, 2014

Dr. Cooper is a very professional and caring doctor. I was having problems with lower back pain and Dr. Cooper helped me to manage my problem. I had to travel from far away and his staff was able to accomodate my schedule. Dr. Cooper is great!

|  Best Neurologist I've seen  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2012

Dr. Cooper, along with his Nurse Practitioner Amy Hopkins, is the best Neurologist I've seen...and I've seen a lot. The biggest thing I can say, beyond all the word-of-mouth recommendations I received before seeing Dr. Cooper, is that I felt that he and his staff cared about my situation. Dr. Cooper personally listened to all the things I wanted to say, and responded in a way that let me know he was listening, and I never felt rushed or stressed. Every visit so far has been a great experience on the way to getting better. Did I mention that? I'm better! I still have problems, but they are manageable. Dr. Cooper and Amy Hopkins together helped me in a way that no previous Dr. has.

|  RN  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2012

Dr. Cooper was highly recommended by many doctors and patients.He has excellent bed side manners and is very knowledgable in both neurology and pain. He helped me tremendously!

|  show details
Jun 2nd, 2011

Never met a doctor like Dr. Cooper. Took much time with me and my family explaining and giving us hope and great care.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2009

Dr. Cooper takes time with you, and is very nice! He also remembers his patients!! Not all doctors are like that anymore!

|  my 4th ms neuro  |  show details
by anne on Mar 16th, 2009

and he seems excellent-so i hope my last-ms is a difficult disease for the unfamiliar neuro-it does "thats impossible" things-he specializes in ms and very good at it i think from the 1st visit...