Dr. James Byron Davidson DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 13th, 2017
Amazing Doctor!
There are just so many wonderful things to say about Dr. Davidson that I think I am not allotted the space to say them all. He is the most caring, sweet, understanding, and amazing surgeon with a great bedside manner! He takes the time to listen to you and explain everything and all options there are, no matter how long it takes. I was experiencing migraine headaches for about 1 year and had been to many doctors and tried all kinds of other treatments to no avail. A friend had recommended Dr. Davidson and said that he will be straight with me and is not into cutting if you do not need it. From the minute he walked in the room he made me feel very at ease. We discussed all my options and eventually I had to have surgery (he fused C4-6 in my neck). I woke up from the surgery with barely a headache for the first time in almost a year. He did warn me that there was a chance that I might have to have additional surgery later on down the road because it was worse than he thought once he got in there. Three years later, almost to the day, he fused C7-T1 and once again, woke up with no pain. I was back home and eating within less than 6 hours and didn't need anything but a few Tylenol to take the edge off. His staff is also incredible too! Joe is also amazing and a very skilled surgeon. He assisted Dr. Davidson with both of my surgeries. I also saw Joe on some of my appointments in Dr Davidson's absences. Linda is the BOMB! I do not know how she does it but she keeps all the medical paperwork in line for all those patients. I have, and will continue to recommend Dr. Davidson to anyone who is in pain! Thanks Doc for all you do and have done!

April 15th, 2017
This Dr. Totally destroyed my life !
After doing surgery on me, he left me with dropped foot in both feet, and destroyed the nerves controlling my balance, leaving me unable to walk !

October 12th, 2016
Good Doctor, Bad Staff
Found Dr. Davidson knowledgeable, but not his staff at his Clearwater Office. They took unnecessary X-Rays when I brought films with me, was not aware I was there for an Auto Accident, and could not even get my Insurance information right!

October 31st, 2015
Dr Davidson did my back surgery in 2004 during his fellowship at Florida Spine Institue. I relocated to South Florida and would travel 4 hrs back to Clearwater for office visit with Dr D. The best Dr I have ever seen throughout my adult life. 100% or more with bedside manners and the time he spends explaining things to you.

September 11th, 2012
Cudos
Wonderful doctor who is professional and caring. He treats the whole individual, not just the malady. I highly recommend Dr. Davidson. We are fortunate to have him as our specialist.

September 5th, 2012
Dr. Davidson has been right on target with my diagnosis. He is kind and caring. He always seems very happy to see me. It makes me feel like I found a doctor who really cares about me.

June 17th, 2012
Never had the opportunity to see the doctor or meet him. Very disappointed

June 6th, 2012
EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL
Dr. Davidson opereated on my neck and lower back. He is a true professional and very skillful. I am so grateful to him. He demonstrates a very caring attitude and explains in detail his plan of care and any options. Thank you!!

August 17th, 2011
brenda henry
i had severe pain for 6 months i saw dr davidson he set up surgery and i am recovery great he took so pain away i would recommend him to anyone . he is so kind and bed side manner was great he is always smileing that to me makes a good doctor . he really cares about his patients. i am glad i had him do my surgery, iwoulnt have anyone else do it , and if something else goes on with my back i certainly will see him. doctor davidson keep up the good work.

March 11th, 2011
the only surgeon I trust
Dr Davidson performed spinal surgery on me and I came am very pleased w/ the out come. I am much better than I was before and although I am not in perfect shape, I feel so much better.

September 20th, 2010
He is the best!
Excellent surgeon. Compassionate & caring. I am completely pain free since surgery. He gave me my life back. I would highly recommend him !!!

September 12th, 2010
So far worth the wait.
Explained my upcoming surgery to me in terms I can understand.