A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Balserak:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Balserak is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Balserak, MD, FACS is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Endocrine Surgical Procedures (Endocrine Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Balserak graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Balserak has 12 hospital affiliations:
- El Dorado Hospital
- University Medical Center - Tucson
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Balserak accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 5 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 4 plans
- Humana - 18 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Phoenix Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James Balserak practice?
Dr. James Balserak practices Surgery, Vascular Surgery, and Neurological Surgery near Sierra Vista, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Tucson, AZ and Green Valley, AZ.
See Sierra Vista Surgeons.