A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Banta:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Banta is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Banta
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Banta Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Banta, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Banta graduated from University of Oklahoma , Oklahoma City.
Dr. Banta has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Cedars Medical Center
- University of Miami Hospital & Clinics
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Banta MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 12 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James Banta practice?
- Dr. James Banta has 1 office location.
Dr. James Banta practices Ophthalmology near Miami, FL.
See Miami Ophthalmologists.