Dr. James Bartley MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 10th, 2014
avoid
If your child is scheduled to see Dr. Bartley you should beg to see a different doctor. I will not go into detail. I agree with all other negative reviews. They reflect my exact thoughts. My opinion was formed before reading any ratings or reviews.

March 3rd, 2013
Waste of time
I feel he just does not care enough about his patient and probably does not know much about his profession. His diagnosis are incomplete and contradictory. He did not provide me with any further information to understand his (incomplete and contradictory) diagnosis. Also, I felt that he does not like too many questions.

December 19th, 2011
One of the Best
The best way to illustrate how much we love Dr. Bartley is through the reaction of my son, who we now know suffers from Mitochondrial Disease. He is only 5, but he says he loves Dr. Bartley, because he made him better. He brags that he can go on the playground, and ride a bike, and not throw up all the time now because of Dr. Bartley. He takes all his medicine "for Dr. Bartley" and he eats only healthy foods (rejecting junk food and candy) because he wants Dr. Bartley to know that he is being healthy and strong. We had been to countless specialists over the years, and 5 other neurologists, but Dr. Bartley spend the most time (over 45 minutes) and reviewed all the case files of all the doctors, and was able to pinpoint the problem and not only provide us with a diagnosis, but a treatment that is working!

January 22nd, 2011
RN, MSN, CNS, CAPT (Ret.) US Public Health Service
Dr. Bartley showed my daughter & her children no respect- barely acknowledgement - dismissed the concerns that prompted the referral to him, spoke disparagingly of the other physicians involved in my grandsons care, clearly had not read any of the information from previous evaluations, gave contradictory opinions within his own comments, and wasted time & money that he did not earn. Shame on him and on the medical community that tolerates pompous frauds like this man. He's dangerous.

January 14th, 2011
STAY AWAY
As a parent of a special needs child, I had the misfortune of an appointment with this genetics doctor. He is HORRIBLE and I would encourage everyone to stay far away from him and fight hard not to allow him near your child.My children have been under the care of many different specialists and geneticists. Some have poor bedside manner and a few have been absolutely wonderful. None have ever been as harmful as Dr. James Bartley.Instead of looking at the thick medical file on my child, he came in the room and looked over at my child and declared "he is too cute to have a disease." His cute appearance has not protected him from a life threatening disease that is slowly taking away his life and skills, and will likely take him from me in his teenage years.This doctor needs to retire and stop harming innocent children. I had an eerie experience recently. I met a stranger who told me a very similar story about her experience with this doctor. (I had not told her mine.) I don't believe my experience was an isolated event and I can only hope that other parents remain informed and trust their instincts that this doctor is incompetent.

May 24th, 2015