Dr. James Bates, DDS
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
by c1 on Apr 24th, 2014

The Worst Experience Ever!!

|  Helpful  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2014

Dr was really courteous. He treated me well. I was happy with the services. Staff was helpful. I will definitely recommend this doctor to others as well.

|  THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF  |  show details
by Natalia on Mar 20th, 2014

One of the WORST dentist I have ever been to. I went there for my oral examination and took an appointment on phone. I specifically asked them if I have to pay anything from out-of-pocket and the lady on phone told me that NO, my insurance will cover the cost. One month later they sent me a $549 bill for ORAL examination. The dentist was so ill-skilled he told me to consult an oral surgeon for my wisdom tooth extraction and took my X-Ray for nothing!! One of the worst dentists I have ever been to, PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THEM. They will rip you off

|  Friendly  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2014

Amazing place that works magic! The office is high tech with a sleek modern decor. All the equipment is new and state of the art. The entire staff is friendly and professional. All appointments *never* delayed; every one was right on time. My Invisalign results were perfect.What a wonderful office! What a wonderful experience!

|  Worst Experience Ever  |  show details
by SM on Apr 5th, 2013

This was absolutely the worst experience ever. Doctor Bates ordered an unless art MRI. When I went back to get the results from MRI Dr. Bates stated "We'll, I didn't learn anything I didn't already know." Dr. Bates didn't listen to me-I told him I had tried a splint in the past and even brought them in with me as directed. Wanted to charge me $2500.00 for the same piece my regular dentist made for $350.00. Then practce managers told me the insurance company wouldn't do anything until I wore a splint even though I had tried that without success. What a rip off. I thought the goal was to lower the cost of care, not gouge the pt. and insurance company

Doctor's Response

Sorry that you feel that way. We remember things differently. Given your insurance, the fees you were quoted were much less than what you mentioned, and less than your dentist charged you. It seems like you didn't want us to prescribe a splint, but we have to recommend a treatment plan that we feel is the most medically sound for a given patient. We wish you the best of luck in your treatment.

|  show details
Aug 15th, 2011

I was not happy with my visit.

|  AWESOME  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2010

DR. BATES WAS WONDERFUL!!! he explanined everything in detail perfect where i could understand the entire process.. i would recommend him to any of my friends and family members!!

|  Beware  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2010

Dr. Bates is knowledgable and does a good job. Be prepared when it comes to his billing practices. Do your research. I did AFTER the fact and found out some of the complaints alleged previously were valid in my case. I feel very sorry for the patient's that don't know any better.