Otolaryngological Surgeon, Pain Medicine, Anesthesiologist

2501 Meadowview Ln
Ste 101
Pelham, AL 35124
205-685-5357
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

• Currently 3.1923076923077 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  wonderful doctor  |  show details
by Sherry Acree on Jul 22nd, 2014

This doctor spent a lot of time explaining what was wrong and what to do to fix it.

|  Treated like cattle at an auction  |  show details
by Oct 28,2013 on Oct 28th, 2013

Dr. James Beretta Does not care about how you feel. He acts like you are a bother to him. The little twits who work in the office are rude and think they know it all. All he and his staff care about is discussing their private lives and don't want to be bother with you., Should have his license pulled. He doles out meds and then treats you like you are an addict. Disgusting.

|  Awesome!  |  show details
by Jennifer on Jun 5th, 2013

Great Doctor, staff and bedside manner. I highly recommend him.

Dec 3rd, 2012

This Doctor is very unethical. terrible arrogant bedside manner. He should have his license taken away.

|  Caring and Knowledgeable  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2012

After going to a cancer hospital in TN for an intensely painful thorocotomy/lobectomy for carcinoid lung cancer, I came back home to B'ham in need of a pain management doctor. I called the other local pain doctors and their office staff was horrible, rude and lacking in any compassion, basically treating me like a crack addict looking for my next fix. They also wanted me to fax my entire medical history and wait MONTHS for an appointment. I am so glad I found Dr. Beretta's office! His office staff is very warm and compassionate, and I was able to get an appointment within the week...the way it should be for a pain management doctor taking care of a cancer patient. Dr. Beretta was knowledgeable about my rare cancer and very gentle and kind. I love how casual and friendly he is - this is not an arrogant or stuffy doctor at all, but a warm, caring human being who wants to help those in need. He always takes the time to explain my condition and the healing process. I am so grateful for Dr. Beretta and his staff who are also so helpful and caring. If you are a cancer surgery patient with serious pain and in need of a warm, friendly and well-educated pain doctor, you can't do any better than Dr. Beretta and his wonderful staff.

|  Terrible!! should have license revoked!  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2012

Terrible bedside manner, very arrogant. Doesnt believe what you, the patient, is saying. Complete liar about procedures. Please do not trust this guy! It might save your back or whatever not going here!!

|  does not listen,subpar doctor,go somewhere else!!!!  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2012

He prescribes medications that are on the weaker side of effectiveness. He does not listen or care about your pain. I guess you need to come in using a walker for him to believe you are truly in pain. He only cares about money and that is a FACT.

Apr 17th, 2012

I would highly recommend him. He has really listens to problems I am have and truly cares.

Apr 3rd, 2012

Dr.Baretta is quick to get you in to get you took care of. He is always in a great mood and he is very nice to your family members also.

|  i think he is great ,  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2012

i have the highest respect for him.wish i was not moving out of state, he does not put up with pill heads .

|  Great Doctor better than my past  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

I moved to alabama from tampa fl, I was in desperate need of a doctor and noone would see me accept Dr. Beretta. As soon as I walked in I was greated with friendly staff, After telling them my problem they accepted me right then and there and actually seen me the same day, I waited for ten minutes while they copied my mri reports and other documents and I was called back. Dr.Beretta came in with a friendly and laid back attitude..He explianed my condition to me and actually caught something my past doctor didnt in my MRI that will paralyze me if I didnt get surgery. so im grateful for dr. Beretta, and to the recent posts about medication. I got the Medication I needed for my condition which is a painful one, no he's not gonna give you strong pain meds if you dont need them, but in my case I did need them. So If your looking to con him for pills go somewhere else!!!!!

|  Dr. Beretta saved my life  |  show details
by Jennifer L on Jul 20th, 2010

I was seeing a Pain Mangagement Dr who had me on copious amounts of Morphine and had no intention of taking me off. I went to see Dr. B and he is helping me get off of the meds and now I actually am able to ride horses again, have a life, a marriage..everything. It is a very rough road but i am so grateful that I found him!Jennifer L.

|  worst doctor in birmingham  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2010

only cares about money, works for insurance company and cares nothing for the patient. will make you wait as long as 3 hours to see with a schedualed appointment then only spent 5 min with you, won't listen, won't explain, just bumps your knee walks out and sends assistent with a script for worthless medicine that you'd be better off with advile.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2009

After a fall, i visited the ER where i was dx with a pull muscle. After walking around in pain for 2 weeks I went to Dr Berretta. After watching me walk, he said I had a broken hip and confirmed it with a hands on exam. (This was before he ordered an MRI. I really thought he was crazy. I felt the ER dr would have caught that. The MRI confirmed that my hip was broken. There are no other doctors I trust as much as Dr. Berretta.

|  AWESOME  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2009

GREAT DOCTOR

May 21st, 2009

Dr.Baretta is an excellent caring wondeful Dr. I nave tried several in the past and trust my care as well as my families to no one else. on a scale of 1-10 I give him 10

|  SUBPAR IN HELPINNG WITH YOUR PROBLEMS  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2009

SPENTV LITTLE TIME, ASKED FEW QUESTIONS, WROTE PRESCRIPTIONS TOWARD WEAKER SIDE OF EFFECTIVENESS

|  DID NOT EVEN CHECK BLOOD PRESSURE  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2008

FELT LIKE HE WAS GOING THRU MOTIONS, SINCE WORKMAN'S COMP. WAS PAYING. I FELT HE WAS W.C. DOCTOR, & CARED VERY LITTLE ABOUT ME.

|  Another View  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2008

Dr. Jim Beretta is a warm, compassionate person. Yes, he may have some qualities of Dr. Gregory House however, once you get past that wall he's all heart.