Dr. James Beskin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7
  • 18 reviews

no change

January 28th, 2016
Not More than a Butcher
This man talked to me as if I was an idiot; he said my botched Achilles surgery and infection was the only black mark on his record. ?? He placed a statement saying I needed to see a vascular surgeon in my medical records-yet he forgot to tell me (this cost me my Life Insurance.) His arrogance in treating me, leaving my Achilles permanently at 30% and saying I could return to "normal" work activities (I'm a career salesperson) has now cost me a disability claim. I haven't found full time work since he treated me in 2012. He will see you and take your money, but he is rude, his nurse is obnoxious and uncaring, and I recommend you find a surgeon that can assist you if you need specialized Achilles tendon surgery.

January 3rd, 2016
Agree with some other reviews....
Have to agree with a number of other negative reviews I see. He was having a bad day, was behind with his patients, as he admitted, and the impression was he would never catch up on that day or any other. Arrogant and opinionated. Can't say his diagnosis was wrong because he gave none and did not seem interested in coming to one. Maybe he's a good technical surgeon but I would not risk it for myself or anyone who asked me. Saw somewhere he is rated a Top Doctor by some rating service; that only makes me wonder about the rating system.

December 14th, 2015
I actually saw another doctor within Peachtree Orthopedic Clinic before seeing Dr. Beskin -- having had two experts work on my injury gave me a HUGE appreciation for Dr. Beskin's expertise and confidence. His exams were in depth, hands-on, and thorough. Leanne, his surgical coordinator, was a gift to work with -- accessible as needed, intelligent, and willing to offer support as needed. Very thankful to have worked with this team!

March 15th, 2015
He is very good and am referring my husband.

March 3rd, 2015
Negligent
I saw Dr. Beskin for a workers comp injury to my right ankle. I saw a different dr. for three months with no improvement and workers comp changed me to Dr. Beskin. My ankle was still swollen and I still couldn't put any weight on it. He took an xray and noticed the chipped bone but diagnosed the injury as an ankle sprain and sent me to physical therapy. He and his staff are extremely rude. During the 3+ months of seeing Dr. Beskin with no improvement I asked if he could do exploratory surgery to determine what was causing the pain and swelling and he refused. I insisted on going to a different doctor and workers comp did. On my first visit with the new doctor, he looked at the tests and reports from the other doctors and said I needed surgery. He had to remove the bone chip, repair a torn ligament and remove torn cartilage. This surgery helped where I could at least put weight on my ankle but was still in pain, however I began having extreme pain a little over a year after the dr. released me. I went back to the dr. and he said in his report the MRI clearly showed scar tissue entrapment and possibly a tendon tear. Workers Comp sent me back to Dr. Beskin and he said my symptoms were from nerve damage, the same nerve that was damaged when he was treating me for the injury. Dr. Beskin never mentioned nerve damage when he was treating me and never referred me to nerve specialist. He said the surgery would not help me. Workers Comp then sent me for an independent medical exam. They sent me to Dr. Beskin who again said surgery would not help. He said there was nothing that could be done. During that visit I asked Dr. Beskin how my bone was chipped when there wasn't anything solid or hard underneath it ( I was on an inflatable obstacle course) and he said when the ligament tore that it caught a piece of the bone. So he knew when he was treating me that I had a damaged ligament and did nothing to repair it. As you can see from how many times I was sent to Dr. Beskin and he would not provide the treatment I needed that he is a "go to" doctor for workers comp. This means he is going to side with the workers comp insurance company and you might not receive the treatment you should. Now the other dr. does not want to do the surgery because Dr. Beskin doesn't think it will help. I went to another dr. on my own and that dr. confirmed I definitely need the surgery but now I have one dr. that says I need it and two doctors that say I don't. Nightmare that could've been avoided if Dr. Beskin had provided me with the necessary treatment I needed instead of siding with the insurance company so they will continue to send you more workers comp patients. YOU DON'T WANT TO USE DR. BESKIN FOR A WORKER's COMP INJURY.

February 11th, 2015
Customer No Service
Dr. Beskin's bedside manner is lacking. He was not thorough in my examination. Did not test my range of motion or ask me questions about my ability to bear weight on my ankle or other questions that would lead him to an appropriate decision on care. He shut me down like a teenager asking for the keys to the car when I indicated I would like to start pt as my ankle is very weak, unstable and effecting my knee and back. He basically left it up to me to try and figure out what I can and cannot do. Having had other sports injuries I went straight to a good therapist who was able to give me some strengthening exercises and get me on the right track without further injury. Dr. Beskins response to this was "I have nothing left to offer you." I guess if I was not a surgical candidate he just did not care. No thanks.

December 21st, 2014
Great Surgeon
I only have the highest praise for Dr Beskin and his assistant Leanne. He was the third orthopedic surgeon I had seen who spent more time with me explaining my options. While one Dr wanted to operate the next day, he strongly suggested against it. My foot was to swollen for surgery. The other doctor wanted to operate in two phases, one now and the other a year from now. Dr Beskin said he could do both procedures at the same time. I had a shattered heal and 18 months after surgery I am walking fine. Actually I was walking fine 12 months after surgery. He has been rated by his peers as the best orthopedic surgeon in Atlanta 4 years in a row. I think the choice is obvious.

May 4th, 2014
I have an appiontment with this doctor and from reading these reviews I'm very skeptical about seeing him now. I'm not so sure I want to go through with the appointment.

January 5th, 2014
Find a better doctor
I went to peachtree orthopedic for a serious broken foot injury. I found the staff at the clinic Very rude . The nurse was extremely rude to me . Dr beskin always made left a unpleasant feeling with me. And never really gave me a solution to the matter. Just pushed me off to physical therpy which was just as rude I went maybe three times . I wasn't happy with his service and would recommend to look elsewhere In fact the dr never did anything for me I healed by nature in time.

November 4th, 2012
I had seen one of his colleagues for a prior foot issue. Due to illness, I ended up being forced into scheduling an appointment with him. His nurse. Leeann, is rude and completely unprofessional. After describing my issue, he looks at the MRI report (not the scans themselves) he says there is nothing wrong but offers me a cortisone injection. After asking more questions regarding my pain and why I should go forward with the injection, he underlines an area of the MRI report and points to it. Terrible. Top doctor? According to whom?

August 21st, 2012
Wrong procedures on toes
I went to the doctor complaining of having a bad toe nail due to clawing of my 2nd toe. 1st visit he said for me to keep the nail trimmed. I did that but the nail continue to be bothersome. 2nd visit I let him consult with my doctor who informed him that I was clinching my toes due to depression. He said he had never heard of such. The doctor decided to do what I thought was to remove the toenail. I was schedule to got to the the surgical center. I was curious as to why he wanted me to go there because I thought he could remove the nail in the office but I went to the center anyway. Following the procedure I was given instructions and sent home. When I returned for a follow up I was sitting in the lobby with another one of his patients who told me that she had her toes fused. I said wow, and asked why she did that. She said she wanted pretty toes. She also said that she had a pin in her toes. I then said ouch! that would hurt me because I clinch my toes. I explained to her what that meant. She was called back and I didn't see her again. When I went in to see the doctor he began by asking me some questions. He then said that he was going to remove the pin. I said "pin"? "What pin"? It was at that moment I realized why my toe hurt so much when I bumped it a few times. Yep he fused my toe and not only that toe but 2 others. I couldn't believe he had fused the bones in my toes. When I returned for the 3rd follow up I remember him saying you still have swelling. Of course I still have swelling "I was still trying to clinch my toes" you D---y. That is what I was thinking. I got my record and looked at it. The signature looks like mine (aaah) but did I sign it? I don't remember every discussing with him about any procedure to fuse the bones in my toes. I wasn't looking to beautify my toes I wanted comfort. Just imagine having the bones fused in your toes and trying to clench/bend them constantly. Yep, you've guessed it my toes look deformed because I am trying to clench/bend them. I could not clench the 2nd toe anymore so I clench the big toe and it looks awfully deformed now.

June 15th, 2012
Tremendously poor scheduling department. Selective in who he treats.Terrible bedside manner.