Dr. James Beskin MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 28th, 2017
Happy WC patient
I have had 7 surgeries in the last 3 1/2 years, all serious surgeries. And dealing with WC and WC doctors have you on edge bc some times your concerned if your care is being the first priority. I had at least 4 other ortho doctors prior to seeing Dr. Beskin and 4 drs that just down right rejected doing anything or even seeing me. Which I think WC was behind. I seen some good and bad reviews for Dr. Beskin. So for my experience when I seen Dr. Beskin a year prior, he was the only doctor that took X-rays of both of my ankles. The good and the bad one. He took every X-ray ankle possible and told me some new things I did not even know. After praying and contemplating and no other dr would see me. I contacted Dr. Beskin office again. Leanne was prompt and courteous. She emailed me back and Dr. Beskin seen me right away, took more X-rays, sent me for a MRI and made plans to do surgery to give me some form of relief. Dr. Beskin was so sweet, he explained everything to me and was straight forward about expectations. I have been to several surgery centers and this one by far was the best. The entire staff was just so nice and made me feel comfortable. Prior to surgery my bp was extremely high but odd the day of surgery is was over 30points lower. Surgery was recent so not sure of how well the recovery is, but I can move my toes without a muscle spams so that alone is a plus for me. I say every persons situation is different. But my experience with this doctor and his staff has been very commendable.

March 16th, 2017
Excellent Surgeon, Wonderful Bedside Manner, Fabulous Staff!
In Mid 2012 I was referred to Dr. James Beskin at Peachtree Orthopedics. That was the best thing that happened to me as I had injured my ankle/tendons/ligaments in a bad fall! I was placed in the hands of one of Atlanta's Top Doctors, Dr. James Beskin, that had it all! Expertise in his Orthopedic Surgery field. Wonderful *bedside manner*! A doctor you can actually chat with, who listens and reacts to what you say is going on with your problem area. And... his staff... FABULOUS! His assistant of 18 years, Leanne, was my go to person when I needed help or a questioned aswered! I felt like I had one of my daughters taking care of me taking off my cast every few weeks for 14 weeks after my triple ankle fusion and checking on me. So nice. Also loved that Dr. Beskin & his staff didn't mind that my husband liked to join in on the all check ups to see x-rays and chat and ask questions as well. The entire staff is very welcoming! Having an ankle problem caused by a fall I appreciated that Dr. Beskin did not rush into surgery but tried other options such as cortisone shots first. Then tried a less obtrusive surgery in 2013. Still having stability problems with my ankle Dr. Beskin then talked with me about a triple ankle fusion which we did in late 2015. I loved that he was straight up front about the surgery and it being a lengthy recovery time and several weeks of no weight bearing. But IT WAS SO WORTH IT! Fixed the stability problems and I'm back at work for several months now and I have a job that requires up to 16 hours per day on my feet and haven't had my ankle give once since surgery and the extreme pain I was having is gone! I am so pleased. So appreciative to Dr. Beskin for all he did for me, with surgeries and time needed to recover before returing to work. So thankful to be back to a career I love! Feel very blessed and very thankful I was referred to Dr. Beskin. It is so rare to find a doctor that has it all... the expertise, wonderful bedside manner who you can truly talk to, and a fabulous staff. That never happens in today's world. When my daughter broke her foot stepping in a hole last year while trying to save a kitten I told her if she needed surgery only one person would do it... Dr. James Beskin! You know if *Mama* is going to send daughter to her surgeon then he must be FABULOUS! And he is! I have been a patient of Dr. Beskin's since mid 2012 and have had many office visits 20+ and 2 successful surgeries in January 2013 & December 2015. Dr. Beskin is the only Ankle/foot Orthopedic Surgeon that will be doing any surgery for me personally in the ATL area. I trust him! After surgery he called me personally to check and see how I was doing. WOW! Loved that! Dr. Beskin did not rush into doing my triple ankle fusion. He was cautious, Careful, and Concerned about me - his patient - and that fusion surgery was what I needed. And it was. So thankful. Back to work for a few months now and loving it! Thank you! I am so appreciative!

February 22nd, 2017
STAY AWAY!
Do not have foot surgery by this man! My foot is now deformed and in worse condition than prior to surgery. He is rude and uninterested in patient.

January 29th, 2016
Not More than a Butcher
This man talked to me as if I was an idiot; he said my botched Achilles surgery and infection was the only black mark on his record. ?? He placed a statement saying I needed to see a vascular surgeon in my medical records-yet he forgot to tell me (this cost me my Life Insurance.) His arrogance in treating me, leaving my Achilles permanently at 30% and saying I could return to "normal" work activities (I'm a career salesperson) has now cost me a disability claim. I haven't found full time work since he treated me in 2012. He will see you and take your money, but he is rude, his nurse is obnoxious and uncaring, and I recommend you find a surgeon that can assist you if you need specialized Achilles tendon surgery.

January 3rd, 2016
Agree with some other reviews....
Have to agree with a number of other negative reviews I see. He was having a bad day, was behind with his patients, as he admitted, and the impression was he would never catch up on that day or any other. Arrogant and opinionated. Can't say his diagnosis was wrong because he gave none and did not seem interested in coming to one. Maybe he's a good technical surgeon but I would not risk it for myself or anyone who asked me. Saw somewhere he is rated a Top Doctor by some rating service; that only makes me wonder about the rating system.

December 14th, 2015
I actually saw another doctor within Peachtree Orthopedic Clinic before seeing Dr. Beskin -- having had two experts work on my injury gave me a HUGE appreciation for Dr. Beskin's expertise and confidence. His exams were in depth, hands-on, and thorough. Leanne, his surgical coordinator, was a gift to work with -- accessible as needed, intelligent, and willing to offer support as needed. Very thankful to have worked with this team!

March 16th, 2015
He is very good and am referring my husband.

March 3rd, 2015
Negligent
I saw Dr. Beskin for a workers comp injury to my right ankle. I saw a different dr. for three months with no improvement and workers comp changed me to Dr. Beskin. My ankle was still swollen and I still couldn't put any weight on it. He took an xray and noticed the chipped bone but diagnosed the injury as an ankle sprain and sent me to physical therapy. He and his staff are extremely rude. During the 3+ months of seeing Dr. Beskin with no improvement I asked if he could do exploratory surgery to determine what was causing the pain and swelling and he refused. I insisted on going to a different doctor and workers comp did. On my first visit with the new doctor, he looked at the tests and reports from the other doctors and said I needed surgery. He had to remove the bone chip, repair a torn ligament and remove torn cartilage. This surgery helped where I could at least put weight on my ankle but was still in pain, however I began having extreme pain a little over a year after the dr. released me. I went back to the dr. and he said in his report the MRI clearly showed scar tissue entrapment and possibly a tendon tear. Workers Comp sent me back to Dr. Beskin and he said my symptoms were from nerve damage, the same nerve that was damaged when he was treating me for the injury. Dr. Beskin never mentioned nerve damage when he was treating me and never referred me to nerve specialist. He said the surgery would not help me. Workers Comp then sent me for an independent medical exam. They sent me to Dr. Beskin who again said surgery would not help. He said there was nothing that could be done. During that visit I asked Dr. Beskin how my bone was chipped when there wasn't anything solid or hard underneath it ( I was on an inflatable obstacle course) and he said when the ligament tore that it caught a piece of the bone. So he knew when he was treating me that I had a damaged ligament and did nothing to repair it. As you can see from how many times I was sent to Dr. Beskin and he would not provide the treatment I needed that he is a "go to" doctor for workers comp. This means he is going to side with the workers comp insurance company and you might not receive the treatment you should. Now the other dr. does not want to do the surgery because Dr. Beskin doesn't think it will help. I went to another dr. on my own and that dr. confirmed I definitely need the surgery but now I have one dr. that says I need it and two doctors that say I don't. Nightmare that could've been avoided if Dr. Beskin had provided me with the necessary treatment I needed instead of siding with the insurance company so they will continue to send you more workers comp patients. YOU DON'T WANT TO USE DR. BESKIN FOR A WORKER's COMP INJURY.

February 11th, 2015
Customer No Service
Dr. Beskin's bedside manner is lacking. He was not thorough in my examination. Did not test my range of motion or ask me questions about my ability to bear weight on my ankle or other questions that would lead him to an appropriate decision on care. He shut me down like a teenager asking for the keys to the car when I indicated I would like to start pt as my ankle is very weak, unstable and effecting my knee and back. He basically left it up to me to try and figure out what I can and cannot do. Having had other sports injuries I went straight to a good therapist who was able to give me some strengthening exercises and get me on the right track without further injury. Dr. Beskins response to this was "I have nothing left to offer you." I guess if I was not a surgical candidate he just did not care. No thanks.

December 21st, 2014
Great Surgeon
I only have the highest praise for Dr Beskin and his assistant Leanne. He was the third orthopedic surgeon I had seen who spent more time with me explaining my options. While one Dr wanted to operate the next day, he strongly suggested against it. My foot was to swollen for surgery. The other doctor wanted to operate in two phases, one now and the other a year from now. Dr Beskin said he could do both procedures at the same time. I had a shattered heal and 18 months after surgery I am walking fine. Actually I was walking fine 12 months after surgery. He has been rated by his peers as the best orthopedic surgeon in Atlanta 4 years in a row. I think the choice is obvious.

May 5th, 2014
I have an appiontment with this doctor and from reading these reviews I'm very skeptical about seeing him now. I'm not so sure I want to go through with the appointment.

January 5th, 2014
Find a better doctor
I went to peachtree orthopedic for a serious broken foot injury. I found the staff at the clinic Very rude . The nurse was extremely rude to me . Dr beskin always made left a unpleasant feeling with me. And never really gave me a solution to the matter. Just pushed me off to physical therpy which was just as rude I went maybe three times . I wasn't happy with his service and would recommend to look elsewhere In fact the dr never did anything for me I healed by nature in time.