Dr. James Boehmke DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 24th, 2016
Very neglegflul
I was sent to this dr. Because I was told by 2 other drs I had contracted hepatitis c as a child, before blood was checked. He was supposed to be the best I thought and did until recently! He did a whole lot of blood work, he did a colonoscopy even. He then told me I did not have hepatitis c, never did, and all the other drs that said I did must of got a false positive. So I was relieved and didn't give it another thought until I found out this month I do have it, it's in advanced stages, already attacked my liver pretty bad and damaging other organs like my KIDNEYS! If he would of treated me years ago I wouldn't be sitting here wondering how long I have left before I die! I do plan on a lawsuit against him for neglect. I wouldn't advise my worst enemy to see him!

September 18th, 2015
Nice doctor, but billing practices are questionable
The doctor's visit was average. I waited about 30-40 minutes, while the actual time spent with the doctor was about 10-15 minutes. He was nice, but I learned very little. He did not diagnose me--this visit was just the "consultation" visit before a procedure that I need to have done. I found out that I would have to pay $1500 out of pocket, up-front before the office would even schedule the procedure. When I checked out, I was told that, because of my insurance, I did not have a copay for specialists & I must pay the bill in full that day, which I did-- yet I received a bill for 4x that amount in the mail. When I called his office to ask about it, they told me they had "estimated incorrectly" the cost of the office visit. I am very disappointed.