Dr. James Bofill MD Patient Reviews

2.4

• Good
  • Bad

August 19th, 2015
I asked only two questions about what he was saying while he was explaining things to the resident during my ultrasound. He ignored my questions and responded with "You do know this is a teaching program, right?" and "Do you do this for a living or something?" . It made me feel like he wanted me to shut up and the purpose of my visit was so he could teach and explain things to the resident. I will NEVER see him again.

May 12th, 2015
Dr. Bofill diagnosed my child with a duplicated collecting system in his kidney at 30 weeks after being referred by my regular OB. After that, I had to come to his clinic weekly for check-ups. His office was always nice. The receptionist was very pleasant and helpful. I often had an appointment that would run over with my OB and she would gladly accommodate this. The nurses and technicians were AMAZING. They treated me like I was family. I knew them all by name by the end. They even visited me and my child in the hospital after he was born. They were beyond accommodating and made sure that I was comfortable at all times. As far as the interns/residents who were there to learn, some were great and some weren't so great but they all tried. It is important to remember that when visiting you are in a teaching hospital. As far as Dr. Bofill is concerned, although he seems to be somewhat "dry" as far as personality goes, he was always professional and to the point. He was very willing to answer any questions. I think some might mistake his personality for arrogance; however, I would never describe him as arrogant. Overall, I would be very happy to use Dr. Bofill and his staff again. Although, I hope I don't have to.

March 3rd, 2015
Horrible bedside manner. Arrogant. You can even tell his staff doesn't enjoy working with him! Hate doctors like this!

June 29th, 2013
Needs bedside manner
We were given devastating results of my daughters pregnancy. I am a nurse myself and if I ever had a bedside manner like Dr. Boyfill or his intern, I would be fired on spot. We went there with hope and he and his intern sucked it out of us within 5 minutes. If you are going for help don't waste your time. You will just be a waste of his time and his arrogant intern. We would be better off chancing things with regular OB doctor because they are more willing to offer help and hope than Bofills staff. They are hung up on chromosomes. If we went by that I wouldn't have my nephew now. He was to have Down syndrome and encouraged the parents to abort because of a bad chromosome test result. The parents were determined they would cross that bridge when it come time. My nephew is normal. So take those chromosomes and put it in your pipe and smoke it mr Bofills. It should be a parents choice to carry on and not the doctors.

July 21st, 2008
Finally
I visited several doctors regarding my difficult pregnancy. Dr. Bofill was the only one who could make a proper diagnosis regarding my baby. His plan made it possible to give my baby a great chance to do well. A really smart guy, I thought.

July 3rd, 2017