Overall Review

September 13th, 2016
Read the previous reviews and was nervous taking my father to him. The reviews about the office having a ton of paperwork is true, but they never had any issues locating the necessary documents on my Dad's case the three times he went there. The statements about the equipment being older is true also, but Dr. Bollinger was able to use them perfectly fine in doing the ultrasounds/etc. All of the needles/catheters are just stacked on top of the counter, but he was always was able to find what he needed very quickly, and all were new items in their vacuum packaging, so who cares if they are not neatly aligned in a drawer. I can also see the longer wait times at his office. My Dad had accidentally pulled his cath out, so we went back to the office to have anew one put in. Dr. Bollinger found an issue with trying to get the new one in, and needed to get other equipment and took the extra time to do it properly. Must have spent 20 minutes doing this, which I know meant that the others in the waiting room would have a longer wait, but I'd rather wait in the room for my app't a little longer knowing he's going to take care of you properly rather than try and rush through just to meet some time quota. He sometime does seem like he is ignoring you, but I think he is just focusing on what he needs to do and sometimes tunes you out, but is not rude and always answers your questions and has a nice demeanor. Last, but most importantly, is that he is a very good doctor and surgeon. My Dad had no after effects from his surgery and he is almost 80 years old. Nobody has a pleasant experience when it comes to kidney stones, but I would highly recommend Dr. Bollinger to anyone who is looking for a great urologist.

October 14th, 2015
facts are facts
WOW! Read all reviews before making an apt. My personal experience was... in the beginning of OCT 2015 and my second fallow up apt was 10 days later for results for a blood test. I was calling around one day to find urologist and had trouble finding one that would see a first time patent for under 150 dollars. I came across dr Bollingers office. They said they could see me the next day for 75 bucks. I made the apt. I get in there and yes their office is a MESS. I don't know how they find anything in their. I was seen promptly and let to a room to be seen. Dr Bollinger came in and didn't even greet me or look at me in fact I would say I had a slight suspicion he was on something or had little to no sleep, or maybe he just plain old didn't care. I was told I needed to have blood drawn and Bollinger drew blood. I never had a needle hurt do bad. I was black and blue for over a week where blood was drawn I think it was his first time or maybe his eyes were closed. I get finished and go to pay. The girl at the front desk tried to charge me more than quoted over the phone. It was corrected and a second apt was made to get results of a blood test. I asked at that time before I left how much should I expect the blood test to cost me. I was told the test would only cost around a hundred bucks. I left and came back on the scheduled date. The doctor was slightly more up beet but still yawning constantly. Bollinger went over some results with me and I had to pry a little to get better explanations ENGLISH I can understand. I go out to the front desk and bay another 75 bucks and leave... nothing about blood work bill. Several day later I get a bill from Quest Diagnostics for $ 700.00..This was %700 higher than quoted by the front office on the first visit. I will not be going back to this office because of lack of organization and lack of knowledge on billing, no care attitude from Bollinger.. I would retire If I had as many bad reviews as this guy!

October 6th, 2015
Horrible
I just want to start by saying that I have much respect for doctors and their busy schedules, but this doctor could care less about his patients' time. He overbooks his appointments. I waited over an hour for him to see me in the examination room. During that hour, I spoke with his staff member who was very disrespectful and told me to get back to the room or he will skip over me. Once he entered, he offered no aplogy, did not look at me and told me he has to be surgery in five minutes. At that point I told him I will see another doctor and I walked out. So you have me wait over an hour for my appointment and you want me out of there as fast as possible. This is so unacceptable on many levels. I want to also say that the office is run down, and dirty which I could overlook for good care. Staff is discourteous and smug.

September 24th, 2015
Our brilliant doctor
Dr. Bollinger is one of our favorite people in the world. Why? Because he has a brilliant mind and pursues his hunches based on experience and instinct and good lab work he performs for himself so he KNOWS what he is looking for. He has a very dry sense of humor, and not what you'd call bedside manner, but the kind of guy we so enjoy. But beyond all that, he is a skilled surgeon and a very caring doctor. His team who handle the office as so outreaching, always willing to go the extra mile for you. We can't say enough about how fine a doctor he is.

March 23rd, 2013
Think your desk is messy, wait until you see his office...
Cold, short, uncaring attitude. Front office had files piled everywhere, but I shrugged it off thinking they were updating files or converting to digital. Operating room was an absolute mess. Piled knee to hip high with files, old dusty equipment and outdated medical stuff. Vasectomy was quick and painless at the time, but looking back I should have walked out. A few weeks after I started experiencing a "tightness and tugging" sensation everytime I bent over, or sat sideways on the couch. It persists to this day, but absolutely no chance I'm going back to this guy. Vasectomy was 4 years ago. I am about to tackle the "tugging" with my general practitioner. I advise staying away from this Dr. and if you go, and they take you in and to the right, to the back room on the right, prepare to feel like you are getting a storage closet Vasectomy, because you are.

June 12th, 2012
Today's visit
My original Urology Group stopped taking my insurance, so I contacted Dr. Bollinger for an intro visit, in case I get another kidney stone. I was a little taken back by the extreme untidy office, I thought my dest was messy, WOW. Anyway, the visit was okay. He did not respond to my initial greeting, kinda rude. But I was happy that he had the x-ray and ultrasound machines in his office, so he could see my kidney stones. He did not seem to have my records from my previous Doctor because my file was only one page. I requested them to be sent to him four months prior. As I left the office I wondered where and what desk pile will my file be on when I return in six months.

June 10th, 2011
Best Urologist Ever
I have been going to Dr. Bollinger since 1979 for recurring kidney stones. He has always quickly and with the least amount of discomfort to me taken care of the problem. I moved to Upstate NY for 7 years and had to go to another urologist. That experience only made me appreciate Dr. B. even more. No question that I will never stray from southeastern PA again so I will be near him. Thank you, Sir, for your intelligence and all around top-notch doctoring skills.