Surgical Specialist, Urologist
209 W Lancaster Ave
Ste 200
Paoli, PA 19301
610-296-0810
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Think your desk is messy, wait until you see his office...  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2013

Cold, short, uncaring attitude. Front office had files piled everywhere, but I shrugged it off thinking they were updating files or converting to digital. Operating room was an absolute mess. Piled knee to hip high with files, old dusty equipment and outdated medical stuff. Vasectomy was quick and painless at the time, but looking back I should have walked out. A few weeks after I started experiencing a "tightness and tugging" sensation everytime I bent over, or sat sideways on the couch. It persists to this day, but absolutely no chance I'm going back to this guy. Vasectomy was 4 years ago. I am about to tackle the "tugging" with my general practitioner. I advise staying away from this Dr. and if you go, and they take you in and to the right, to the back room on the right, prepare to feel like you are getting a storage closet Vasectomy, because you are.

|  Today's visit  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

My original Urology Group stopped taking my insurance, so I contacted Dr. Bollinger for an intro visit, in case I get another kidney stone. I was a little taken back by the extreme untidy office, I thought my dest was messy, WOW. Anyway, the visit was okay. He did not respond to my initial greeting, kinda rude. But I was happy that he had the x-ray and ultrasound machines in his office, so he could see my kidney stones. He did not seem to have my records from my previous Doctor because my file was only one page. I requested them to be sent to him four months prior. As I left the office I wondered where and what desk pile will my file be on when I return in six months.

|  Best Urologist Ever  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Bollinger since 1979 for recurring kidney stones. He has always quickly and with the least amount of discomfort to me taken care of the problem. I moved to Upstate NY for 7 years and had to go to another urologist. That experience only made me appreciate Dr. B. even more. No question that I will never stray from southeastern PA again so I will be near him. Thank you, Sir, for your intelligence and all around top-notch doctoring skills.

|  Catastrophic Treatment  |  show details
by Thomas J. McKeefery Sr. on Aug 18th, 2010

Visited Paoli Memorial HospitalEmergency Room on 9-7-07 and againon 9-10-07. Had severe abdominal pain and "urinary retention." Two litersurine and blood removed, with FoleyCatheter, on each occasion. Cat Scanof bladder and kidneys considered normal.Dr. Andrea Horvath referred me to a Paoliurologist, Dr. James Bollinger. VisitedDr. Bollinger's office 9-13-07. Cystoscopy performed with diagnosis of"thickening of bladder wall", prescribedFlomax and antibiotic. No mention ofprostate nor PSA blood test. On 3-3-08visited Community Volunteers in Medicine,West Chester, PA. Experienced rectal painand 20 pound weight loss. The CVIM doctorstated, "classic prostate cancer" symptoms. Immediately ran PSA blood testPSA count of 52.85. Subsequent biopsy andbone scan revealed metastatic cancerous lesions to the vertebrae, ribs, pelvis,sacroiliac joints, and both femurs. Theprognosis, with treatment at Fox Chase,was a 50% chance of survival for two years. Dr. Bollinger seems overly busyand distracted at his practice. As Idescribed my various symptoms, he simplygrinned and often left the room to attendother patients. Other practitioners inthe field cannot believe that there was no mention of prostate gland, or at leasta digital rectal examination. My age was57 at the time. My overall experience:the delayed diagnosis may have deprived me 20 to 30 years of life... My medicalrecords are available to anyone interested.

|  show details
Sep 7th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Insensitive bed side manner: While in Paoli Hospital Dr. Bolinger was called upon to offer a consult. He came into my room, ignored me, picked up the phone and began returning his phone calls. He glanced at my chart, made a few notes, shot a curt comment

Read Full Review at yahoo.com