Dr. James Bolz MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Southfield, MI

September 1st, 2016
He rushes you in and out. Does not care about your problem unless it is something textbook. Bad bedside manner.

July 12th, 2016
Manager
I read the reviews for Dr. Bolz. He is not a warm and fuzzy doctor; he has made efforts to become more that way but for me that isn't what is important. He is one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the area. I have heard nightmares about bad surgeries that other doctors have performed. He did my surgery on my knee ten years ago and it is still as good as new. He also recently treated my elderly mother who broke her tibia completely and she is also good as new. I would prefer a great surgeon over bedside manner.

March 18th, 2016
Stunned
No knock on door, no hello. Greeted with "You are not a replacement candidate, you can do nothing, or arothroscopy ... No don't need to see the MRI, its just lines.. Wont be running again " A bare touch, maybe not really. 3-5 minutes out the door!!

June 28th, 2014
Abrasive and Dismissive
The x-ray and front desk staff were very nice, attentive and personable, however Dr. Botz was very rude, abrasive and dismissive. He roughly and hurriedly examed my injury, and at one point during the visit, I stated that he was not listening. While I was still standing there stunned at what I would describe as the "worst bedside manner I have yet to encounter," he beginning speaking into his microphone regarding my condition. As I gathered my belongings, politely thanked him for his time, and began walking toward the exit, he yelled out a " very insincere" apology. I would not recommend him.

January 26th, 2011
Bad office experience
The front office staff was very efficient and personable. Angie is a gem. So was the gentleman who "checked us out". The back office staff was rude and unhelpful. The woman who took me for xrays did not help me up on the table or off, yelled out orders and moved me roughly. I cannot imagine how an elderly person would have felt! I was sorely disappointed. Then, when Dr. Bolz finally came in, he was rough and hurried. As I was leaving he said "forgive my lack of attentiveness." I mean why did I come if not at least for him to be attentive to my needs? I will return because I need a diagnosis and he has ordered more tests..but my confidence is way low. I would not recommend this office to anyone.