Surgeons
125 Parker Hill Ave
Suite 573
Boston, MA 02120
617-754-5901
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 3.2083333333333 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Do Not Recommend  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2012

I had total knee replacement surgery with Dr Bono in April 2012. All went well initially however when having trouble bending the knee in the several weeks post-op & asking for a CPM machine he refused it until finally at 6 weeks out when I then had to go back under anesthesia for a manipulation to MAKE my knee bend. At that time my physical therapist wanted me to ask him what he would recommend for my physical therapy needs going forward? His reply, "you've, got to get away from this idea that it's all about the therapy- it's about you going home & bending your knee." I was dumbfounded. I had been working SO HARD at getting back on track, and his attitude was coming across was as if I hadn't been. I would say that he has a callous attitude, poor patient communication abilities & certainly has no bedside manner (which is fine because you most want is a good surgeon), but to get the attitude of assumption of lack of effort on my part is not acceptable. AND let me tell you in my instance therapy certainly was very much needed in conjunction with my own recovery efforts! After my follow-up visit (at roughly 8-10 weeks out) & asking when I needed to make another appointment ... He replied that it was not necessary & I should be all set. Who does that? Ask around, and see how many doctors don't schedule a follow-up in a few months. Every single knee has a different outcome. Some will take longer than others to recover. Six & a half months out, I am still plugging along slowly, but am making progress. I would not return to or recommend this doctor.

|  Hip Replacement  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2012

After 6 yrs. I've never had any problems; I full range of motion and no pain. Dr. Bono had been recommended by others who had procedures done by him; he is a wonderful Dr. and I'm glad I had him replace my hip!Diagnosis, surgery and follow up were all professionally handled, by Dr. Bono, his staff and New England Baptist Hospital.

Jun 12th, 2012

A year after surgery and not being able to bend my knee and three second opinions,I have learned that the replacement knee is 21 degrees off by a CT scan. Now I am left needing to redo my knee and go through all the pain etc. I made a bad choice with Dr Bono.

|  Hip surgery. Excellent  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2012

Dr boon is an excellent surgeon for hip replacement. Still have restrictions, but no oain

|  As a surgeon, he excells...  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

I had a severe accident in the 90s with over 22 fractures from the waist down. Since then I have had 10 or so corrective surgeries, all performed at NE Baptist. When it came time to have my knee replaced, my wife (Physical Therapist) did the research and selected Dr Bono. His expertise was the most critical for my issues. 8 months later I can tell you that he was the correct choice, I am doing well and looking forward to an active summer.

|  Hip Replacement Surgery  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

5 years latter all went very smooth and continue to be doing excellently!

|  Poor followup  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2012

He is quick to get you into surgery and quick to take all the moneyhe can. Heis quick to repeat diognostic proceedures. You better hope everything goes well if it doesnt he is quick to blame somthing else and send you for more expensive treatment that does not address the problem. I am going to a reel sureon to fix his errors.

Oct 19th, 2011

After surgery and your post operative visit you will feel desserted when you are told to come back in a year even when you are having problems.

|  Wonderful Orthopedic Dr  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2011

Dr Bono was my savior. I had a total knee reconstruction 14 yrs ago. Had a car accident in April 2011 that caused the whole knee to quickly deteriorate after re tearing acl and meniscus. Because of my old surgery, my case was complex and a local ortho told me I would just have to live with the pain, the constant falling down from the knee giving out, and rely on crutches at age 46. I found Dr Bono online and he did arthroplasty, chondroplasty, meniscusectomy, synovectomy, debridement and removed old hardware from knee. I am 2 weeks post op. I have NO PAIN. I am rapidly losing the limp and have not fallen since on my way into pre op. He is kind and caring and went above and beyond for me.

Jun 1st, 2011

Wonderful doctor! Dr. Bono is a calm, confident, andexcellent surgeon. My full knee replacement went verywell. I had no pain from the time I woke up from thesurgery to present time ( 6 wks. later). I have goodmobility, and continue to strengthen my leg.